Sr. Auditor, Internal Audit
Warner Music GroupNew York, NY
Full Time Job
WMG's top priority is the safety and wellbeing of its team members, artists and songwriters across the globe. In response to COVID-19, WMG is fully committed to helping its people balance their home and life commitments with flexible working options, virtual wellness sessions, and more. WMG strives to maintain a COVID-free workplace. To that end, being fully vaccinated against COVID-19 is a condition of employment for all US new employees, prior to the commencement of employment. If you are hired, you will be required to provide proof of your vaccination as part of your new employee onboarding process, subject to our legal obligation to make reasonable accommodations in certain limited circumstances.
At Warner Music Group we're all about our people. Our global company is made up of knowledgeable, passionate, and creative individuals. Our commitment to Diversity, Equity and Inclusion fosters a culture where you can truly belong, contribute, and grow. We believe in each individual's value and encourage applications from people of any age, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, religion, ethnicity, disability, veteran status, and any other characteristic or identity.
It is the mission of every member of the WMG team around the world to create a nurturing environment for artists, songwriters, and the people behind the music – at every stage of their career. We strive to set WMG apart by embracing innovation – an integral part of our company's DNA.
Consider a career at WMG and be a part of one of the most influential forces in culture today.
Job Title: Sr. Auditor, Internal Audit
A little bit about our team:
The Warner Music Group Internal Audit vision is to provide high quality assurance and advisory services in a dynamic, innovative, and impactful way. Our work includes SOX audits, operational audits, risk management projects, and proactive involvement in strategic initiatives for the business such as major system implementations, process transformation, and acquisitions. The Internal Audit department partners with the business to focus on the most important risks and issues facing the organization and delivers results that will make the biggest positive impact. We strive to be valuable business advisors that provide meaningful insights and solutions, not just information and recommendations. We continuously look for ways to improve our audit and risk management processes and leverage technology to maximize our impact. Our success is measured by the amount of internal control improvement, risk mitigation and overall positive change that we drive across the organization. We have transitioned to a hybrid work schedule at this time, allowing our employees to work a combination of in-office and virtual days. These work arrangements will be periodically reviewed based on business needs.
Why this could be your next big break:
We are seeking a Sr. Auditor to join our team. In this role you will primarily execute SOX audits for our domestic and international recorded music labels and affiliates. With our team, you will have the opportunity to apply your audit skills and develop them further, learn all aspects of the music business, learn about international business first-hand by working with our Warner Music Group affiliates around the world, and collaborate with financial professionals to assess processes, risks, and controls, and improve the overall control environment. High-performing individuals will have the opportunity to grow their careers within the department or explore other future opportunities within WMG that fit their career goals.
Here you'll get to:
• Assist with documenting the scoping and risk assessment analysis as part of SOX audit planning
• Participate in SOX walkthroughs to include end-to-end walkthroughs of a process as well as assessment of control design
• Execute testing procedures to evaluate the design and operating effectiveness of controls
• Document accurate, logical, and detailed workpapers that clearly and thoughtfully describe the audit objective, control testing procedures and results, and conclusions reached
• Work efficiently and effectively as an individual contributor and a team player to deliver outstanding work with minimal supervision
• Support project management activities throughout all phases of SOX work which will include monitoring project plans and assigned areas, tracking engagement progress and reporting to managers, and updating the risk control matrix for purposes of reporting metrics and executive dashboards
• Take ownership of individual assignments, delivering high quality and timely audit workpapers
• Participate in the new and ongoing improvements of the internal audit process as assigned
• Establish and maintain excellent relationships within the team and with business stakeholders
• Be a change agent to lead and effect desired change throughout the organization
• Demonstrate a foundational understanding of US GAAP, Sarbanes-Oxley, COSO framework, and leading business practices
• Work both independently and in a team environment, shifting between the role of an individual contributor and team player
• Exhibit strong organization skills, including the ability to multi-task and prioritize various workstreams simultaneously
• Display advanced proficiency with Microsoft SharePoint, Microsoft Office applications including Excel, Access, Word, Project, and Visio
• Demonstrate excellent interpersonal skills, including listening, verbal, written, and presentation, with the ability to communicate effectively within various levels of the company
• Demonstrate attention to detail, strong organizational skills, tolerance for uncertainty, and ability to be agile and adaptable
• Exhibit the ability to thrive in a creative, dynamic, fast-paced environment and manage multiple projects effectively
• Display a high standard of ethics and professionalism
• Travel domestically and internationally if required
It would be music to our ears if you also had:
• A Bachelor's degree in accounting, finance, business administration, information systems, or related field
• 2 - 3 years of experience, Big 4 public accounting experience preferred
• Experience with SAP, HFM, Oracle Financials, and SharePoint software
• CPA, CIA, CISA, or other relevant designation preferred.
With its broad and diverse roster of new stars and legendary artists, Warner Music Group is home to a collection of the best-known record labels in the music industry including Asylum, Atlantic, East West, Elektra, FFRR, Fueled by Ramen, Nonesuch, Parlophone, Rhino, Roadrunner, Sire, Warner Records, Warner Classics and Warner Chappell Music, one of the world's leading music publishers with a catalogue of more than one million copyrights worldwide. For more than four decades, WMG has been an industry-leading force in providing a world-class array of services designed to help artists and labels grow their careers and their businesses. Artist & Label Services is the umbrella for WEA (Warner-Elektra-Atlantic) – the pioneering WEA distribution and marketing network – and Alternative Distribution Alliance (ADA) – the ground-breaking global distribution company for independent artists and labels.
Love this job and want to apply?
Click the ''Apply'' link at the top of the page, or apply directly with your LinkedIn. Applying with LinkedIn will import all of th