Sr. Analyst, New Business & Ventures
Warner Music GroupNew York, NY
Full Time Job
Sr. Analyst, New Business & Ventures
With its broad and diverse roster of new stars and legendary artists, Warner Music Group is home to a collection of the best-known record labels in the music industry including Asylum, Atlantic, East West, Elektra, FFRR, Fueled by Ramen, Nonesuch, Parlophone, Rhino, Roadrunner, Sire, Warner Records, Warner Classics and Warner/Chappell Music, one of the world's leading music publishers with a catalogue of more than one million copyrights worldwide.
For more than four decades, WMG has been an industry-leading force in providing a world-class array of services designed to help artists and labels grow their careers and their businesses. Artist & Label Services is the umbrella for WEA (Warner-Elektra-Atlantic) – the pioneering WEA distribution and marketing network – and Alternative Distribution Alliance (ADA) – the ground-breaking global distribution company for independent artists and labels.
Job Title: Senior Analyst, New Business & Ventures
A little bit about our team:
New Business & Ventures is responsible for developing strategy and executing partnerships, content license deals, and investments to grow WMG's distribution network and revenue beyond core music streaming by engaging music fans in scaled, culturally relevant digital platforms and communities in the social and gaming ecosystems. The team's global directive places it at the core of the constantly evolving global digital media and consumer technology landscape, and as such, the team is charged with experimenting with emerging technologies and leading all aspects of WMG's relationships and initiatives within the startup ecosystem
Why this could be your next big break:
In this role, you will combine your analytical skills and industry knowledge to support our ongoing partnership and deal discussions in gaming and interactive media. The ideal candidate would be passionate about understanding the intersection of music, gaming, technology, and consumer behaviour. This is an exciting opportunity to work in one of the world's most celebrated entertainment companies on cutting-edge deals that are changing the media landscape today!
Here you'll get to:
• Build financial models to support key deal discussions with partners.
• Analyse data from partners to understand key trends in the digital music space.
• Assist senior deal leads in the negotiation and execution of license deals and investments
• Drive presentations to communicate findings to senior BD team and key WMG decision-makers (e.g. C-suite, label heads, etc.).
• Coordinate and work closely with WMG's data and research teams.
• Develop points of view and strategic alternatives regarding new business models.
• Stay apprised of new technology and consumer trends.
• Sophisticated financial modelling ability. Strong written and verbal communication skills. Should be able to translate quantitative models and analysis into cohesive insights.
• Build models to evaluate industry trends, categories, different revenue streams or products
• Experience conducting deal driven analysis and industry/category/company analysis.
• Experience in deal sourcing and research, having generated and qualified leads for deals.
• Strong project management skills.
• Proactive approach and strong work ethic required.
• Excellent Excel and PowerPoint skills and attention to detail.
• Aptitude in multi-tasking and running multiple projects.
• Interest in the music industry highly preferred.
It would be music to our ears if you also had:
• Consulting, investment banking, or other corporate deal related experience preferred.
• Previous experience in a media industry outside of music is a bonus.
• 2-4 years of professional experience.
Why join us?
Here at Warner Music Group we're all about our people. We are one global company made up exclusively of knowledgeable, passionate, and creative people.
It is the mission of every member of the WMG team around the world to create a nurturing environment for artists, songwriters, and the people behind the music - at every stage of their career. We strive to set WMG apart by embracing a philosophy of innovation – it's part of our company's DNA.
Consider a career at WMG and be a part of one of the most influential forces in culture today.
Love this job and want to apply?
Click the ''Apply'' link at the top of the page, or apply directly with your LinkedIn. Applying with LinkedIn will import all of the information you put in your profile, but will still allow you to upload a resume and cover letter.
Don't be discouraged if you don't hear from us right away. We're taking our time to review all resumes, and to find the best people for WMG.
Thanks for your interest in working for WMG. We love it here, and think you will, too.
We are an equal opportunity employer that is committed to inclusion and diversity and will not discriminate against any applicant or employee on the basis of age, sex, sexual orientation, race, color, creed, religion, ethnicity, national origin, alienage or citizenship, disability, marital status, familial status, military or veteran status, or any other legal recognized protected basis under federal, state or local laws, regulations or ordinances.
We are committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation because of a disability for any part of the application or employment process, please send an e-mail to Recruitment@wmg.com and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information.
Copyright © 2020 Warner Music Inc.