Sr. Analyst, Digital Finance
Warner Music GroupNew York, NY
Full Time Job
At Warner Music Group we're all about our people. Our global company is made up of knowledgeable, passionate, and creative individuals. Our commitment to Diversity, Equity and Inclusion fosters a culture where you can truly belong, contribute, and grow. We believe in each individual's value and encourage applications from people of any age, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, religion, ethnicity, disability, veteran status, and any other characteristic or identity.
It is the mission of every member of the WMG team around the world to create a nurturing environment for artists, songwriters, and the people behind the music – at every stage of their career. We strive to set WMG apart by embracing innovation – an integral part of our company's DNA.
Consider a career at WMG and be a part of one of the most influential forces in culture today.
A little bit about our team:
As a member of the WEA Finance team, this position will partner with the individual teams within WEA, the labels, corporate, accounting, A/R, A/P, business development, legal, and tax to build, evolve and oversee digital processes that will streamline data flow for maximum efficiency and effectiveness and ensure timely and accurate reporting of digital data.
Why this could be your next big break:
This position provides a unique opportunity for someone who loves music to understand the music business and the deals with key digital music providers.
Here you'll get to:
• Prepare bi-weekly cash forecast and provide analysis / commentary for variances against prior forecast and budget
• Assist in the preparation of digital forecast and actuals package and provide analysis / commentary for variances against prior forecast, budget, and prior year
• Work closely with the Accounting team in Nashville to assist with month-end close and prepare and review monthly journal entries
• Monitor and report on digital deals and oversee backlog and breakage processing
• Actively participate in cross departmental and/or affiliate meetings to coordinate operational efforts, resolve high priority issues, and help create common awareness of new deal models. You will also create process documentation for key digital processes
• Assist with ad-hoc invoice submissions, coding, vendor set-up requests and payment status tracking for digital invoices
• Provide support for financial audits and other regulatory compliance needs
• 4+ years of experience in an accounting, finance, or audit role
• Bachelor's Degree in Accounting or Finance
• Strong oral and written communication skills and the ability to interface and develop relationships with contacts at all levels of the organization
• Advanced Microsoft Excel skills
It would be music to our ears if you also had:
• Highly developed analytical skills and the ability to use data to tell an effective and accurate story
• Proven business process improvement skills and excellent customer service skills
• HFM/SAP experience a plus
With a legacy extending back over 200 years, Warner Music Group (WMG) today brings together artists, songwriters and entrepreneurs that are moving entertainment culture across the globe. Operating in more than 70 countries through a network of affiliates and licensees, WMG's Recorded Music division includes renowned labels such as Asylum, Atlantic, Big Beat, Canvasback, Elektra, Erato, First Night, Fueled by Ramen, Nonesuch, Parlophone, Reprise, Rhino, Roadrunner, Sire, Spinnin', Warner Records, Warner Classics and Warner Music Nashville. WMG's music publishing arm, Warner Chappell Music, has a catalog of more than 1.4 million musical compositions spanning every musical genre, from the standards of the Great American Songbook to the biggest hits of the 21st century.
Warner Music Group is also home to WEA (Warner-Elektra-Atlantic), the pioneering distribution and marketing network, and ADA (Alternative Distribution Alliance), the independent artist and label services company, as well as consumer brands such as Songkick the live music app, EMP the merchandise e-tailer, and UPROXX the youth culture destination.
Love this job and want to apply?
Click the ''Apply'' link at the top of the page, or apply directly with your LinkedIn. Applying with LinkedIn will import all of the information you put in your profile, but will still allow you to upload a resume and cover letter.
Don't be discouraged if you don't hear from us right away. We're taking our time to review all resumes, and to find the best people for WMG.
Thanks for your interest in working for WMG. We love it here, and think you will, too.
WMG is committed to inclusion and diversity in all aspects of our business. We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and will evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, religious creed, color, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, ancestry, marital status, medical condition as defined by state law (genetic characteristics or cancer), physical or mental disability, military service or veteran status, pregnancy, childbirth and related medical conditions, genetic information or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state or local law.
Copyright © 2021 Warner Music Inc.