Sr. Accountant, Corporate
Warner Music GroupNashville, TN
This was removed by the employer on 11/20/2020 5:30:00 AM PST
Not to worry we have a lot of other jobs on the site;
Browse all jobs
Browse the Accounting/Finance Category
Browse the Music Category
Search for Sr. Accountant, Corporate jobs in Nashville-TN
Search all Sr. Accountant, Corporate postings
Are you an employer?
How do I hire a Sr. Accountant, Corporate? Sr. Accountant, Corporate
We are Warner Music Group, home to a broad roster of new stars and legendary artists through a collection of the best-known record labels in the music industry including Asylum, Atlantic, Big Beat, Canvasback, East West, Elektra, Erato, FFRR, Fueled by Ramen, Nonesuch, Parlophone, Reprise, Rhino, Roadrunner, Sire, Spinnin', Warner Records, Warner Classics, and Warner Music Nashville, as well as Warner Chappell Music, one of the world's leading music publishers, with a catalog of more than one million copyrights worldwide.
We currently have a fantastic opportunity to join our innovative and highly sought-after Finance team at WMG's Center of Excellence for Shared Services.
A little bit about our team:
Warner Music's Center of Excellence for Shared Services, opened in 2017 and is the home to the financial, legal and administrative functions that provide critical support and best-in-class services to our US Recorded Music and Publishing businesses. The Nashville center embodies the innovative and creative spirit that stems from the company's deep history in nurturing entrepreneurial thinking and artist-focused innovation, enabling our employees to develop a wide range of skills through cross-function collaboration and development opportunities.
The Finance department is responsible for managing all the center's accounting and cash management functions. As a critical component of the Finance department, the Accounting Operations group provides accounting services and support to WMG's corporate finance, US record labels and US publishing business.
Why this could be your next big break:
The Senior Accountant, Corporate, is responsible for assisting the direct supervisor with the monthly close processes and various tasks related to the financial statements for the corporate business units.
Here you'll get to:
• Perform tasks and analyses required for monthly/quarterly financial reporting for corporate business units, including budget and forecasting;
• Perform tasks as part of the monthly close process, including preparing journal entries, monitoring sub-ledger interfaces and ensuring the timely analysis, preparation, and
submission of close-related deliverables;
• Perform accounting and financial analyses related to intercompany and fixed assets;
• Exercise analytical skills in performing responsibilities and preparing deliverables;
• Ensure compliance with SOX requirements;
• Assist with preparing internal and external audit documentation;
• Maintain strong relationships with finance personnel of domestic and international
affiliates/business units as well as other divisions within WMG; and
• Perform ad-hoc tasks and special projects as required.
Rockstar candidates will be able to:
• Strong analytical and organizational skills;
• Excellent oral and written communication skills to interact with Label Finance, Corporate Finance, and other internal/external parties;
• Detail oriented and able to work under pressure and tight deadlines;
• Possess strong analytical skills in reviewing accounting transactions; and
• Knowledge of SAP, Hyperion/HFM, and SharePoint a plus.
It would be music to our ears if you also had:
• BA/BS in Accounting, CPA a plus
• 3-5 years of experience in public and/or corporate accounting, entertainment industry experience a plus
Why join us?
Warner Music Group is all about our people. We are one global company made up of the most knowledgeable, passionate, and creative people in our business.
It is the mission of every member of the WMG team around the world to create a nurturing environment for artists, songwriters, and the people behind the music, every stage of their career. We strive to set WMG apart from the rest of the industry by embracing a philosophy of innovation that is part of our company's DNA.
Consider a career at WMG and be a part of one of the biggest forces in music today.
Love this job and want to apply?
Click the ''Apply'' link or apply directly with your LinkedIn. Applying with LinkedIn will import all of the information you put in your profile, but will still allow you to upload a resume and cover letter.
Don't be discouraged if you don't hear from us right away. We're taking our time to review all resumes, and to find the best people for WMG.
Thanks for your interest in working for Warner Music Group. We love it here, and think you will too.
We are an equal opportunity employer that is committed to inclusion and diversity and will not discriminate against an applicant or employee on the basis of age, sex, sexual orientation, race, color, creed, religion, ethnicity, national origin, alienage or citizenship, disability, marital status, familial status, military or veteran status, or any other legal recognized protected basis under federal, state or local laws, regulations or ordinances.
We are committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation because of a disability for any part of the application or employment process, please send an e-mail to Recruitment@wmg.com and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information.
Copyright © 2019 Warner Music Inc. This job is no longer available. Click here to view current job listings.