Sr. Accountant / Accounting Manager
Warner Music GroupLos Angeles, CA
Full Time Job
Sr. Accountant / Accounting Manager
We currently have a fantastic opportunity to join our innovative and highly sought-after Finance team at Warner Chappell Music.
Job Title: Sr. Accountant/Accounting Manager
A little bit about our team:
This position will be part of the Warner Chappell finance and Accounting team for the US and Canada. This team works closely with the Center of Excellence (Shared Service) in Nashville, the Warner Chappell home office and Corporate Finance teams, and our royalties department. This position is a very key role within the team and does most of the US revenue and margin accounting and analysis.
Why this could be your next big break:
Ever wondered how much royalties are earned/paid from YouTube or Spotify? Or how about seeing the constant growth in digital streaming revenues? Well now's your chance……
Here you'll get to:
• Prepare monthly financial statements and commentary within deadlines provided by Corporate Accounting
• Prepare the bi-weekly cash forecast documents and submits this data to WMG NY
• Effectively work with WMG's accounting shared services division which posts all journal entries, performs key account reconciliations, and performs accounts payable services for Warner Chappell US
• Perform suspense and error account clearing monthly
• Perform the monthly cash reconciliation for the US
• Participate in the annual budgeting and monthly forecast process mainly in the area of revenue and royalty expense and balance sheet
• Maintain the revenue tracking schedule for forecast, cash forecast and commentary
• Perform revenue reconciliation controls for cash vs. accrual
• Maintain accrued royalties payable schedule to support balance sheet accounts
• Analyze financial reports and records, make studies and recommendations relative to the accounting of liabilities and assets
Rockstar candidates will be able to:
• Have a BA in Accounting, Finance or Business Administration
• Minimum of 3 years related experience
• Have exceptional excel skills
• Have superior attention to detail
• Have elevated analytical skills and be curiosity driven
• Must be able to work flexible hours, especially during month end and budget season to meet deadlines
It would be music to our ears if you also had:
• Have entertainment experience
• Have background with SAP, Hyperion, PowerPivot
Why join us?
Warner Music Group is all about our people. We are one global company made up of the most knowledgeable, passionate, and creative people in our business.
It is the mission of every member of the WMG team around the world to create a nurturing environment for artists, songwriters, and the people behind the music, every stage of their career. We strive to set WMG apart from the rest of the industry by embracing a philosophy of innovation that is part of our company's DNA.
Consider a career at WMG and be a part of one of the biggest forces in music today.
Love this job and want to apply?
Click the ''Apply'' link at the top of the page, or apply directly with your LinkedIn. Applying with LinkedIn will import all of the information you put in your profile, but will still allow you to upload a resume and cover letter.
Don't be discouraged if you don't hear from us right away. We're taking our time to review all resumes, and to find the best people for WMG.
Thanks for your interest in working for Warner Music Group. We love it here, and think you will too.
We are an equal opportunity employer that is committed to inclusion and diversity and will not discriminate against an applicant or employee on the basis of age, sex, sexual orientation, race, color, creed, religion, ethnicity, national origin, alienage or citizenship, disability, marital status, familial status, military or veteran status, or any other legal recognized protected basis under federal, state or local laws, regulations or ordinances. WMG will consider employment for qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring (Ban the Box).
We are committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation because of a disability for any part of the application or employment process, please send an e-mail to Recruitment@wmg.com and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information.
Copyright © 2019 Warner Music Inc.