Specialist, Side Artist Tracking & Misc Collections
Warner Music GroupNashville, TN
Full Time Job
At Warner Music Group, we're a global collective of music makers and music lovers, tech innovators and inspired entrepreneurs, game-changing creatives and passionate team members. Here, we know that each talent makes our collective bolder and brighter. We are guided by four core principles that underpin everything we do across all our diverse businesses:
• Music is Everything: Music is our passion, and we can never get enough. Tastes, trends, and tech will change, but great artists and songwriters will always be our driving force.
• Global Growth, Local Expertise: Music is a global language. Through communication and collaboration, our success can come from anywhere and translate everywhere.
• Innovation and Insight: Pushing the boundaries requires the best information and the boldest imagination. We use both to create the future.
• Empowered by People: Like the artists we serve and the music they make, our differences make us stronger. This is a place where every talent can belong and build a career.
Specialist, Side-Artist Tracking & Misc. Collections – Revenue Assurance
A little bit about our team:
The Recorded Music Revenue Assurance team is responsible for the tracking, recognition, application, and analysis of revenues and artist royalties derived from third-party licensing, primarily revenues related to synchronization licensing, soundtracks, samples, compilations, and licensed merchandise across WMG's family of labels globally. We support a number of teams across WMG in the execution of their responsibilities, including the licensing administration teams, frontline and catalog royalties, royalty audit, legal and rights enforcement, accounting operations, and label business affairs, as well as external parties such as licensing clients and artist management. As WMG's footprint continues to expand in support of our growing roster of groundbreaking artists, our team's responsibilities are always evolving.
The Side-Artist Tracking & Misc. Collections Specialist will be primarily responsible for tracking the status of expected incoming royalty reportings as related to current and historical label exclusivity waivers for side-artist participations and chasing collections as necessary. Due to the handling of sensitive financial and legal documents, this role requires significant attention to detail and discretion. Through collaboration with the labels' business affairs teams and external royalty teams, and utilization of internal databases and external royalty portals, this role will assist the Revenue Assurance team in ensuring all receivable side-artist reportings and miscellaneous label collections are paid.
Here you'll get to:
• Create new licensing deal records for exclusivity waivers and agreements as received from the label business affairs teams; save, organize, and upload contractual support
• Maintain an up-to-date tracking record for all label direct deals, including updating royalty obligation terms, release dates, and third-party contacts as agreements are negotiated
• Assist in finding and downloading monthly, quarterly, and semi-annual royalty statements from external third-party databases as related to label direct deals
• Reconcile the deal tracking record against received reporting to identify delinquent items
• Interface and communicate with internal and external royalty teams to collect unreported and/or unpaid items
• Collaborate with the Manager of Income Tracking to draft and issue royalty invoices when requested by licensees
• Review agreements against received royalty statements to confirm accurate reporting
• Perform various reconciliation projects as related to label direct deals, invoices, and payments for internal stakeholders as needed
• Assist with any other duties and tasks related to the team's roles and responsibilities that may be assigned by senior management from time to time
• You work well independently and as part of a team
• You have exceptional attention to detail and sense of accountability
• You are able to manage and prioritize multiple tasks and projects at any given time
• You demonstrate professionalism and have excellent verbal and written communication skills
• You are able to exercise discretion when handling confidential agreements and information
• You possess excellent analytical, mathematical, and organizational skills
• You have robust computer skills, including strong data entry and data analysis (with an emphasis on accuracy and problem solving)
• You demonstrate strong proficiency using Microsoft Office Excel (including pivot tables and vlookups), Word, and Outlook applications; familiarity with Microsoft Office's Access application is strongly preferred
• You have a core understanding of basic industry concepts and familiarity with contractual terminology and structure
• You are passionate about the success of Warner Music Group's artists
We'd love it if you also had:
• A strong passion for music across a wide array of different genres
• 3-5 years of experience in the music and entertainment industry, particularly with a background in recorded music licensing and/or artist royalties
• A core understanding of basic industry concepts and familiarity with contractual terminology and structure
• Background or interest in process improvement and automation
As the home to 300 Elektra, Asylum, Atlantic, East West, FFRR, Fueled by Ramen, Nonesuch, Parlophone, Rhino, Roadrunner, Sire, Warner Records, Warner Classics, and several other of the world's premier recording labels, Warner Music Group champions emerging artists and global superstars alike. And our renowned publishing company, Warner Chappell Music, represents genre-spanning songwriters and producers through a catalogue of more than one million copyrights worldwide. Redefining what it means to be a music company in the 21st century, our consumer brands include trend-setters like UPROXX, Songkick, HipHopDX, and EMP. We're the home to WMX – the next generation services division that connects artists with fans and amplifies brands in creative, immersive, and engaging ways – and Alternative Distribution Alliance (ADA) – the ground-breaking global distribution comp