Social Media Specialist - Hiphopdx
Warner Music GroupLos Angeles, CA
Full Time Job
Social Media Specialist (Temp) - HipHopDX
WMG's top priority is the safety and wellbeing of its team members, artists and songwriters across the globe. In response to COVID-19, WMG is fully committed to helping its people balance their home and life commitments with flexible working options, virtual wellness sessions, and more. WMG strives to maintain a COVID-free workplace. To that end, being fully vaccinated against COVID-19 is a condition of employment for all US new employees, prior to the commencement of employment. If you are hired, you will be required to provide proof of your vaccination as part of your new employee onboarding process, subject to our legal obligation to make reasonable accommodations in certain limited circumstances.
Job Title: Social Media Specialist (Temp)
Reports To: Social Media Manager
Location: Los Angeles, CA
We currently have a fantastic opportunity to join our innovative and highly sought-after Social Media team at HipHopDX. a division of WEA which is a subsidiary of Warner Music Group.
For over 20 Years HipHopDX has been telling stories about Hip Hop Music Culture through all mediums, the written word (hiphopdx.com), social media (@hiphopdx) and video (youtube.com/hiphopdx). With our recent move to be part of the Warner family (but still independent) we are taking the next steps of our growth. We are looking for some great storytellers and people to help support those storytellers (editors, coders, marketers etc...). Through our combined properties, we reach over 3 million Hip Hop fans each month and growing. Come join the journey and be part of the team!
A little bit about our team:
Through incredible storytelling, HipHopDX is connecting fan communities to the artists they love. We are doing this on the web through hiphopdx.com, our social channels (Facebook, Twitter, Instagram and TikTok) and through video on YouTube. Our Social Media department is growing quickly, and you will be reporting to the Social Media Manager, while working alongside others in the social media team. You will also coordinate with our Editorial and Video teams to develop and produce cross-platform content for Social.
Why this could be your next big break:
You have the opportunity to develop and grow with this department, while building our channels and telling Hip Hop stories in new and ever-changing environments. You will develop strategies and assist other departments in presenting their stories in new mediums. You are being empowered to be creative while engaging audiences in meaningful conversations that move Hip Hop Music Culture forward.
Here you'll get to:
• Assist in brainstorming and implementing exciting new online content, optimized for each of our present and future social channels.
• Post and schedule content across multiple social media platforms.
• Build a creative and engaging social media calendar.
• Interact and engage with our audience and respond to inquiries.
• Optimize and analyze posts for engagement
• Provide ideas for the website and social media promotions to maximize our brand's visibility online, with measured KPIs to validate success of each campaign.
Rockstar candidates will be able to:
• Have an extensive knowledge of today's Hip Hop Music Culture and an interest in learning about its different generations and their contributions to the music of today.
• Have an awareness of where these music and lifestyle communities live online.
• You have the ability to keep up to date with social media trends and platform changes to create relevant and timely content.
• Have the ability to manage multiple tasks and work in a fast-paced environment on short deadlines.
• Have excellent written and verbal communication skills.
• Have strong attention to detail.
• Have excellent interpersonal skills.
• Have an understanding for content scheduling and metric-tracking programs (TweetDeck, Later, Facebook Creator Studio, etc.)
• Have a light working knowledge of popular photo and video applications including Photoshop/ImageReady/Final Cut/iMovie/Premiere Pro.
• Skilled in general office software, including: Email, Calendar, Word Processes and Spreadsheets (preferably G Suite), Microsoft Office (Outlook, Calendar, Word and Excel).
It would be music to our ears if you also had:
• High School Diploma required
• College Degree preferred
• 1-2 years of professional social media experience
• Music industry experience; other related experience considered
• Music /entertainment-related internships or experience
Why join us?
HipHopDX & Warner Music Group is all about our people. We are part of a global company made up of the most knowledgeable, passionate, and creative people in our business.
It is the mission of every member of the WMG team around the world to create a nurturing environment for artists, songwriters, and the people behind the music, every stage of their career. We strive to set WMG apart from the rest of the industry by embracing a philosophy of innovation that is part of our company's DNA.
Consider a career at WMG and be a part of one of the biggest forces in music today.
Love this job and want to apply?
Click the ''Apply'' link or apply directly with your LinkedIn. Applying with LinkedIn will import all of the information you put in your profile, but will still allow you to upload a resume and cover letter.
Don't be discouraged if you don't hear from us right away. We're taking our time to review all resumes, and to find the best people for WMG.
Thanks for your interest in working for Warner Music Group. We love it here, and think you will too.
We are an equal opportunity employer that is committed to inclusion and diversity and will not discriminate against an applicant or employee on the basis of age, sex, sexual orientation, race, color, creed, religion, ethnicity, national origin, alienage or citizenship, disability, marital status, familial status, military or veteran status, or any other legal recognized protected basis under federal, state or local laws, regulations or ordinances.
We are committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation because of a disability for any part of the application or employment process, please send an e-mail to Recruitment@wmg.com and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information.
Copyright © 2020 Warner Music Inc.
WMG is committed to inclusion and diversity in all aspects of our business. We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and will evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, religious creed, color, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, ancestry, marital status, medical condition as defined by state law (genetic characteristics or cancer), physical or mental disability, military service or veteran status, pregnancy, childbirth and related medical conditions, genetic information or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state or local law.
Copyright © 2022 Warner Music Inc.