Social Media Manager - Hiphopdx
Warner Music GroupLos Angeles, CA
This was removed by the employer on 9/2/2022 6:30:00 AM PST
Not to worry we have many other jobs on the site;
Browse all jobs
Browse the Music Category
Browse the Social Media Category
Search for Social Media Manager - Hiphopdx jobs in Los Angeles-CA
Search all Social Media Manager - Hiphopdx postings
Full Time Job
At Warner Music Group, we're a global collective of music makers and music lovers, tech innovators and inspired entrepreneurs, game-changing creatives and passionate team members. Here, we know that each talent makes our collective bolder and brighter. We are guided by four core principles that underpin everything we do across all our diverse businesses:
• Music is Everything: Music is our passion, and we can never get enough. Tastes, trends, and tech will change, but great artists and songwriters will always be our driving force.
• Global Growth, Local Expertise: Music is a global language. Through communication and collaboration, our success can come from anywhere and translate everywhere.
• Innovation and Insight: Pushing the boundaries requires the best information and the boldest imagination. We use both to create the future.
• Empowered by People: Like the artists we serve and the music they make, our differences make us stronger. This is a place where every talent can belong and build a career.
A little bit about our team:
HipHopDX is a digital media business that day in and day out talks about Hip Hop music culture. We create daily content for our fans through written articles, social posts, and short and long-form videos. In addition, we build and maintain high-traffic websites, throw events, and always try to create an incredible experience along the way.
Your role as Social Media Manager will report to Sharath Cherian, the Founder and CEO of HipHopDX. You will manage a small team of Social Media Coordinators that will report to you on a daily basis. You will work closely with Editorial and Video department managers along with various writers and traffic strategists.
Our Social Media team focuses on creating a meaningful online presence by supporting HipHopDX's editorial content & creating original content. The position of Social Media Manager will require someone passionate and knowledgeable about both Hip Hop and social media. You and your team will take content from HipHopDX.com and transform it into social posts appropriate for each social media platform. Your goals will focus on maintaining consistent engagement, audience expansion, and website traffic generation.
Here you'll get to:
• Create & oversee social media posts across Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, and TikTok.
• Assist editorial with breaking news by monitoring online news
• Collaborate with Editorial and Video departments to create original content
• Grow HipHopDX's online presence through audience engagement and refined traffic strategies
• Exercise your creativity by applying online trends & memes to HipHopDX's brand
As the ideal candidate, you must have 3-5 years of professional social media experience. You must be a self-starter with either management or shift lead experience. In addition, we expect you to:
• Have a strong understanding of Adobe Photoshop
• Understand social media analytics and have used metric tracking programs (examples include Google Analytics, Later, Sprout Social or similar programs)
• Have experience setting up Facebook and Instagram ads
• Advanced understanding of Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, and TikTok
We'd love it if you also had:
• Journalism experience
• Experience with Adobe Premiere Pro
• Experience composing daily & weekly newsletters
• Search Engine Optimization (SEO) skills
• Basic graphic design experience
HipHopDX - For over 22 years, HipHopDX has been at the forefront of Hip Hop culture, reaching over 5.7 million readers and influencing over 5.5 million social followers per month. As one of the longest-standing Hip Hop digital publications, and reaching more people than ever, we keep our readers, influencers, and the artists we talk about, educated, informed, and entertained on everything happening in Hip Hop music culture. Our insightful, honest, unbiased editorials, reviews, premier news, and original video content, draws one of the most loyal followings online. As a part of Warner Music Group, HipHopDX is expanding internationally, increasing its video offering and building out the digital tools for the next generation of music media consumption. We continue to build upon the reputation we have garnered from decades of work.
Love this job and want to apply?
Click the ''Apply'' link at the top of the page, or apply directly with your LinkedIn. Applying with LinkedIn will import all of the information you put in your profile, but will still allow you to upload a resume and cover letter.
Don't be discouraged if you don't hear from us right away. We're taking our time to review all resumes, and to find the best people for WMG.
Thanks for your interest in working for WMG. We love it here, and think you will, too.
Copyright © 2022 Warner Music Inc.