Social Designer & Editor
Warner Music GroupCulver City, CA
Full Time Job
Social Designer & Editor
For more than four decades, WMG has been an industry-leading force in providing a world-class array of services designed to help artists and labels grow their careers and their businesses. Artist & Label Services is the umbrella for WEA (Warner-Elektra-Atlantic) – the pioneering WEA distribution and marketing network – and Alternative Distribution Alliance (ADA) – the groundbreaking global distribution company for independent artists and labels.
We currently have a fantastic opportunity to join our innovative and highly sought-after Editorial team at Uproxx.
A little bit about our team:
UPROXX, a Warner Music Group Company, is one of the largest youth culture brands in the world. Through proprietary technology, journalists and our award-winning video content studio, we help brands connect to the digital generation. We inform, entertain and inspire our audience through the passion points they care about: Sports, News, Culture, Entertainment, Music and Lifestyle. The UPROXX Publishing team crea tes the content and voice that defines the brand across our own proprietary properties and on social platforms.
Why this could be your next big break:
We are seeking a talented Social Designer and Editor to join our team of journalists and content creators. In this role, you will work with the Publishing team across our content verticals to create original social content that will represent the UPROXX brand on platforms. Our ideal candidate is creative, tuned into culture, and skilled in creating digital content that connects with social audiences. You will also need a deep understanding of social platforms including Instagram, Facebook, YouTube, Twitter, and TikTok and have instinctive storytelling skills.
Here you'll get to:
• Create social clips and cutdowns for our original programming
• Create original graphics, animations, and short-form videos to live on UPROXX channels
• Play a major role in launching new initiatives in programming and platform growth
• Design graphics and animations within the UPROXX POV
• Collaborate with Editorial teams to identify compelling stories and share them effectively with our audience
• Work autonomously to translate content created for editorial articles or long-form programming into compelling short-form variations for social platforms
• Create original social content in the UPROXX voice that engages and grows our audience
• Work with other business units on creative campaign projects and Warner Music group initiatives
• Expand your personal skills in all aspects of content production and digital publishing.
Rockstar candidates will have the following:
• 2+ years of related experience
• College Degree preferred
• Social content experience across all platforms (Instagram, Facebook, YouTube, and Snapchat)
• Experience working within an always-on publishing operation and prioritizing projects based on urgency
• Be a self-starter who is never satisfied and constantly desires to improve and remain competitive in an ever-evolving marketplace
• Experience working on projects with fast (i.e. daily) turnarounds and tight deadlines
• Excellent problem solver
• You are highly organized and have an innate ability to self-manage and organize a daily to do list and understand/execute priorities
• You have communication skills to help you work with various departments, multiple timelines/calendars and in a fast-paced environment
It would be music to our ears if you also had:
• Expertise in Adobe Premiere, After Effects, Photoshop
• Design and editing camera experience
Why join us?
Warner Music Group is all about our people. We are one global company made up of the most knowledgeable, passionate, and creative people in our business.
It is the mission of every member of the WMG team around the world to create a nurturing environment for artists, songwriters, and the people behind the music, every stage of their career. We strive to set WMG apart from the rest of the industry by embracing a philosophy of innovation that is part of our company's DNA.
Consider a career at WMG and be a part of one of the biggest forces in music today.
Love this job and want to apply?
Click the ''Apply'' link or apply directly with your LinkedIn. Applying with LinkedIn will import all of the information you put in your profile, but will still allow you to upload a resume and cover letter.
Don't be discouraged if you don't hear from us right away. We're taking our time to review all resumes, and to find the best people for WMG.
Thanks for your interest in working for Warner Music Group. We love it here, and think you will too.
We are an equal opportunity employer that is committed to inclusion and diversity and will not discriminate against an applicant or employee on the basis of age, sex, sexual orientation, race, color, creed, religion, ethnicity, national origin, alienage or citizenship, disability, marital status, familial status, military or veteran status, or any other legal recognized protected basis under federal, state or local laws, regulations or ordinances.
We are committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation because of a disability for any part of the application or employment process, please send an e-mail to Recruitment@wmg.com and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information.
Copyright © 2020 Warner Music Inc.