Social and Digital Graphic Designer
Warner Music GroupLos Angeles, CA
Full Time Job
Social and Digital Graphic Designer (Temp)
At Warner Music Group we're all about our people. Our global company is made up of knowledgeable, passionate, and creative individuals. Our commitment to Diversity, Equity and Inclusion fosters a culture where you can truly belong, contribute, and grow. We believe in each individual's value and encourage applications from people of any age, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, religion, ethnicity, disability, veteran status, and any other characteristic or identity.
It is the mission of every member of the WMG team around the world to create a nurturing environment for artists, songwriters, and the people behind the music – at every stage of their career. We strive to set WMG apart by embracing innovation – an integral part of our company's DNA.
Consider a career at WMG and be a part of one of the most influential forces in culture today.
Social and Digital Graphic Designer (Temp)
A little bit about our team:
Warner Records is home to some of the most influential and innovative artists of our time. Our extraordinary roster of new and established recording artists is unparalleled, and our collective influence on music culture is without precedent. With a visionary approach toward discovering and nurturing musical talent, the Warner Records family of labels is currently home to an impressive generation of major artists.
The WR Creative team are the 'artists behind the artists' who create visual content for our roster of musicians. The Social/Digital creative team is focused on interpreting an artist's vision for online platforms such as websites, email lists, and social platforms.
Why this could be your next big break:
*This is a design role and requires experience with Adobe Creative suite*
Passionate about social media? Are pixels your brush and Instagram your canvas? We are looking for a digital-native graphic designer who can create social- and web-specific art that brings our artists' voices onto these platforms. We want your vision, creativity, and design expertise to create immersive experiences across Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, web, email, and other fan-facing digital outlets.
This role will work alongside the Fan Engagement team and Digital Operations team to plan and execute ongoing, campaign-driven creative elements for WR's roster of music artists. Note: The individual selected for this role will not be directly employed by WR. The individual will be hired by a staffing firm as a contractor under the instruction of WR's creative team.
Here you'll get to:
• Think in photos, gifs, and graphics with the intent to engage artist fans and grow their following while supporting key business objectives
• Understand best practices for social media, web, and email including the how to create successful, engaging content for each platform
• Participate in brainstorms alongside Fan Engagement strategists, Digital Operations producers, and Marketing Directors as well as occasionally A&R, artists, and their management teams
• Align with marketing strategy and translate initiatives into visual content for artists' digital channels
• Concept, produce, and edit content aligning with the artist's voice/vision that is designed and optimized with platform, target audience, and marketing goals in mind
• Strong design skills, comfortable taking an idea from concept to execution
• Strong visual sense and taste level with an understanding of photo and design principles for mobile-, web-, and social-first content
• Ability to create engaging content including:
• static designs using imagery and/or typography
• paid social ads including carousels
• thematic types of posts including countdown assets, lyrics, infographics, etc
• Attend events and create real time content such as organic Instagram stories or iPhone photos for social posting
• Edit, retouch, and resize existing assets
• Deep understanding of the nuances of each online platform (Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Snapchat, YouTube, Web, email, etc) and how to adapt and optimize content per channel; this includes proper file size, specs, and copy adaptations
• Responsive and proactive planner, able to turn content in real-time in response to artist, management, and market needs
• Available for off-hour (weeknights and weekend) deliverables as tied to artist releases
• Comfortable managing tight deadlines while maintaining commitment to excellence and impeccable attention to detail
• 2-3+ years of experience producing custom social content within agency or in-house social/creative teams
• Bachelor's degree in Graphic Design/related fields or equivalent work experience
• Expert knowledge of design for digital and social channels
• Strong digital/social content portfolio showcasing a range of themes, styles, and formats
• Strong typography, photography, and illustration/image manipulation skills with a keen eye for taste level and unique executions.
• Demonstrated experience conceptualizing and executing impactful, engaging creative for digital/social platforms
• Highly organized, proactive, multifaceted, capable of working on concurrent projects and able to communicate effectively to digital team members, vendors, artists, and executives.
• Highly skilled in Adobe Creative Suite - Photoshop, Illustrator, Indesign,
• Ability to understand and interpret business objectives to guide execution
• Obsessed with the internet and pop culture - you're the first in your friend group to hear about the next big thing
It would be music to our ears if you also had:
• Motion graphics, animation, and/or video design skills
With its broad and diverse roster of new stars and legendary artists, Warner Music Group is home to a collection of the best-known record labels in the music industry including Asylum, Atlantic, East West, Elektra, FFRR, Fueled by Ramen, Nonesuch, Parlophone, Rhino, Roadrunner, Sire, Warner Records, Warner Classics and Warner Chappell Music, one of the world's leading music publishers with a catalogue of more than one million copyrights worldwide.
For more than four decades, WMG has been an industry-leading force in providing a world-class array of services designed to help artists and labels grow their careers and their businesses. Artist & Label Services is the umbrella for WEA (Warner-Elektra-Atlantic) – the pioneering WEA distribution and marketing network – and Alternative Distribution Alliance (ADA) – the ground-breaking global distribution company for independent artists and labels.
Love this job and want to apply?
Click the ''Apply'' link at the top of the page, or apply directly with your LinkedIn. Applying with LinkedIn will import all of the information you put in your profile, but will still allow you to upload a resume and cover letter.
Don't be discouraged if you don't hear from us right away. We're taking our time to review all resumes, and to find the best people for WMG.
Thanks for your interest in working for WMG. We love it here, and think you will, too.
WMG is committed to inclusion and diversity in all aspects of our business. We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and will evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, religious creed, color, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, ancestry, marital status, medical condition as defined by state law (genetic characteristics or cancer), physical or mental disability, military service or veteran status, pregnancy, childbirth and related medical conditions, genetic information or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state or local law.
Copyright © 2021 Warner Music Inc.