Senior Manager, Strategic Planning, Recorded Music
Warner Music Group27 Wrights Lane, UK
This was removed by the employer on 10/1/2022 3:30:00 PM PST
Not to worry we have many other jobs on the site;
Browse all jobs
Browse the Marketing Category
Browse the Music Category
Search for Senior Manager, Strategic Planning, Recorded Music jobs in 27 Wrights Lane-UK
Search all Senior Manager, Strategic Planning, Recorded Music postings
Full Time Job
At Warner Music Group, we're a global collective of music makers and music lovers, tech innovators and inspired entrepreneurs, game-changing creatives and passionate team members. Here, we know that each talent makes our collective bolder and brighter. We are guided by four core principles that underpin everything we do across all our diverse businesses:
• Music is Everything: Music is our passion, and we can never get enough. Tastes, trends, and tech will change, but great artists and songwriters will always be our driving force.
• Global Growth, Local Expertise: Music is a global language. Through communication and collaboration, our success can come from anywhere and translate everywhere.
• Innovation and Insight: Pushing the boundaries requires the best information and the boldest imagination. We use both to create the future.
• Empowered by People: Like the artists we serve and the music they make, our differences make us stronger. This is a place where every talent can belong and build a career.
A little bit about our team:
The Transformation team supports the CEO and senior leadership of Warner Global Recorded Music in identifying and implementing change initiatives across the business, as well as helping to drive innovation, strengthen organisational culture and support growth opportunities. We're a small, dynamic team with a particular focus on operational and strategic innovation always ensuring our initiatives and projects deliver lasting, sustainable change across Warner Recorded Music, globally.
The International team supports the President, International in driving opportunities across WMGs repertoire ex-US/UK, supporting the development of all WMG artists and repertoire globally to ensure that the International network maintains best in class operations in the industry.
The Strategic Planning team supports both Transformation and International functions to ensure that WMGs central strategy is aligned with the latest insights and industry trends, and that the organization is driving the roadmap to execute strategic change to build the label of the future by maintaining operational excellence.
Working with the transformation and international teams, you will be responsible for planning, managing and driving a range of projects aligned to our organisational and business strategy.
The role will involve working with key business leaders and stakeholders across projects which span cultural change, business process improvement, new ways of working, technology and tools roll-outs and many other areas to ensure we deliver on our goal to transform Warner into an innovative, agile and inspiring organisation at the forefront of music culture.
This role would be a key member of the Strategic Planning function, focused on supporting and executing long term strategic planning projects across the organisation through data driven strategy and decision making.
• Strategic Operations: Support the Strategic Planning team as a key intermediary between central, label and affiliate teams to ensure that company strategic plans are cascaded down through the organisation, where required standardising operations, best practice and knowledge – building and executing frameworks to ensure stakeholders drive business priorities with a high bias for action and impact. Improving operational cadence (weekly, monthly, quarterly review processes and scorecards) to deliver impactful change
• Performance Management: Support development and continuously improve a KPI reporting landscape that enables and ensures data driven decision making and accountability - collaborate closely with the Business Intelligence team to democratize data through a scalable and robust data self-service infrastructure and a set of condensed executive reporting. Identify and interpret trends and variances, understand root causes, and communicate the findings to the operational decision-makers and executive management:
• Build and maintain clear metrics tracking process across organisational departments
• Administer regular cadence with key operators to discuss performance against agreed metrics
• Act as a consultant to central and affiliate departments in the OKR setting process
• Business Analytics: Maintain and communicate cross business performance & intelligence to enable transparent data driven decision-making on key business priorities. Lead ad-hoc analyses on growth opportunities - build internal and external industry insights and data resources which are updated at a regular basis to ensure executives are aware of the latest trends:
• Provide a data driven view of WMGs competitive landscape and identify long-term material trends and positions which we can maximise to our advantage
• Develop a data repository for competitive intelligence
• Short and long term industry modelling and analysis (labels, artists, DSPs)
• Support the design and roll out of strategy reporting tools (e.g. Tableau)
• Act as a key facilitator between Business Intelligence, Datalabs and Recorded Music to ensure that RM teams are being supported with data driven solutions to drive impactful decision making
• Strategic Initiatives: Support a systematic process to track the performance of our organic and inorganic growth initiatives across the organisation. Identify key input metrics that drive results, monitor trends, and work with the business owners to identify opportunities to improve the performance and drive incremental growth
• Cross Functional Relationships: Build collaborative working relationships with operators across the organisation with ability to influence key stakeholders, where required to act as an independent consultant to drive impactful change down the organisation and ensure timely flow of information up and down the business (central teams through to affiliates)
• Ad-hoc Projects: Be a key contributor to International and Transformation projects, including but not restricted to:
• Quarterly business update pack
• AVP development
• M&A analysis
• Tech and tools alignment
• Board deck analytics and insights
• Support the SVP, Strategic Planning and SVP, International with ad-hoc projects for senior leadership