Senior Manager, Internal Audit
Warner Music GroupRemote, TX
Full Time Job
Senior Manager, Internal Audit
At Warner Music Group, we're a global collective of music makers and music lovers, tech innovators and inspired entrepreneurs, game-changing creatives and passionate team members. Here, we know that each talent makes our collective bolder and brighter. We are guided by four core principles that underpin everything we do across all our diverse businesses:
• Music is Everything: Music is our passion, and we can never get enough. Tastes, trends, and tech will change, but great artists and songwriters will always be our driving force.
• Global Growth, Local Expertise: Music is a global language. Through communication and collaboration, our success can come from anywhere and translate everywhere.
• Innovation and Insight: Pushing the boundaries requires the best information and the boldest imagination. We use both to create the future.
• Empowered by People: Like the artists we serve and the music they make, our differences make us stronger. This is a place where every talent can belong and build a career.
Senior Manager, Internal Audit
A little bit about our team:
The Warner Music Group Internal Audit vision is to provide high quality assurance and advisory services in a dynamic, innovative, and impactful way. Our work primarily includes SOX and affiliate audits, as well as risk management projects and proactive involvement in strategic initiatives for the business such as major system implementations, process transformation, and acquisitions. The Internal Audit department partners with the business to focus on the most important risks and issues facing the organization and delivers results that will make the biggest positive impact. We strive to be valuable business advisors that provide meaningful insights and solutions, not just information and recommendations. We continuously look for ways to improve our audit and risk management processes and leverage technology to maximize our impact. Our success is measured by the amount of internal control improvement, risk mitigation, and overall positive change that we drive across the organization.
We are seeking an Internal Audit Senior Manager to join our team. This role will give you the opportunity to apply your SOX and audit skills and develop them further, learn all aspects of the music business, learn about international business first-hand by working with our Warner Music Group affiliates around the world, and collaborate with operational and financial professionals to assess processes, risks, and controls, and improve the overall control environment. The Senior Manager, Internal Audit will report to the Vice President, Internal Audit and will play a key role in conducting risk assessments and supporting the delivery and execution of engagements aligned with the audit plan. This role requires a high-caliber individual with extensive accounting, auditing, and SOX experience in companies of similar size and complexity. The ideal candidate will possess excellent interpersonal and project management skills, a strong work ethic, and the ability to influence decision making at a senior level. High performing individuals will have the opportunity to grow their careers within the department or explore other future opportunities within WMG that fit their career goals.
Here you'll get to:
• Manage all aspects of engagements from planning through fieldwork and reporting;
• Manage SOX walkthroughs and control tests of design and operating effectiveness;
• Manage affiliate audits to assess financial, operational, and compliance processes and evaluate effectiveness of risk mitigation activities;
• Supervise and mentor audit staff;
• Participate in the development of new internal audit processes and ongoing process improvements;
• Assist Internal Audit leadership with developing new strategies for audit, focusing on emerging technologies, robotic process automation, and data analytics;
• Contribute to the design and implementation of agile internal audit processes, methodology, and ongoing process improvements;
• Supervise audits including: risk and control identification, reviewing process documentation and audit workpapers to ensure clear identification of issues, and report writing;
• Communicate audit findings timely and collaborate with process owners to develop creative, yet practical, recommendations to remediate control deficiencies;
• Collaborate with the business to drive actions that are pragmatic and achievable;
• Establish and maintain excellent relationships within the team and across the business;
• Educate business stakeholders on control expectations and best practices for a quality-driven and sustainable SOX program; and
• Be a change agent to lead and effect desired change throughout the organization.
• Demonstrate a strong understanding of US GAAP, Sarbanes-Oxley, COSO framework, and leading business practices;
• Work both independently and in a team environment, shifting between the role of an individual contributor, team player and project manager;
• Display advanced proficiency with Microsoft SharePoint, Microsoft Office applications including Excel, Access, Word, Project, and Visio;
• Demonstrate excellent interpersonal skills, including listening, verbal, written, and presentation, with the ability to communicate effectively within various levels of the company and senior level management;
• Demonstrate attention to detail, strong organizational skills, tolerance for uncertainty, and ability to be agile and adaptable;
• Exhibit the ability to thrive in a creative, dynamic, fast-paced environment and manage multiple projects and resources effectively;
• Show your ability to influence, lead, and motivate others;
• Display a high standard of ethics and professionalism; and
• Travel domestically and internationally if required.
We'd love it if you also had:
• A Bachelor's degree in accounting, finance, business administration, information systems, or related field;
• 6+ years of experience overall in some combination of internal audit, Big 4 public accounting, risk management, and/or an operational finance role;
• Experience with SAP S4, HFM, Oracle Financials, and Workiva; and
• CPA, CIA, CISA, or other relevant designation.
Warner Music Group is all about our people. We are one global company made up of the most knowledgeable, passionate, and creative people in our business.
It is the mission of every member of the WMG team around the world to create a nurturing environment for artists, songwriters, and the people behind the music, every stage of their career. We strive to set WMG apart from the rest of the industry by embracing a philosophy of innovation that is part of our company's DNA.
As the home to 300 Elektra, Asylum, Atlantic, East West, FFRR, Fueled by Ramen, Nonesuch, Parlop