Senior Manager/ Director, Marketing
Warner Music GroupNew York, NY
Full Time Job
Senior Manager/ Director, Marketing
With a legacy extending back over 200 years, Warner Music Group (WMG) today brings together artists, songwriters and entrepreneurs that are moving entertainment culture across the globe. Operating in more than 70 countries through a network of affiliates and licensees, WMG's Recorded Music division includes renowned labels such as Asylum, Atlantic, Big Beat, Canvasback, Elektra, Erato, First Night, Fueled by Ramen, Nonesuch, Parlophone, Reprise, Rhino, Roadrunner, Sire, Spinnin', Warner Records, Warner Classics and Warner Music Nashville. WMG's music publishing arm, Warner Chappell Music, has a catalog of more than 1.4 million musical compositions spanning every musical genre, from the standards of the Great American Songbook to the biggest hits of the 21st century. Warner Music Group is also home to WEA (Warner-Elektra-Atlantic), the pioneering distribution and marketing network, and ADA, the independent artist and label services company, as well as consumer brands such as Songkick the live music app, EMP the merchandise e-tailer, and UPROXX the youth culture destination.
We currently have a fantastic opportunity to join our innovative and highly sought-after Elektra Music Group team.
Title: Senior Manager/ Director, Marketing
A little bit about our team:
Elektra Music Group was launched in 2018 as a stand-alone music company within Warner Music Group. Its roots extend back to 1950, when Jac Holzman launched the iconic Elektra label in his college dorm room. Today, that same entrepreneurial, independent spirit is the driving force behind each of the unique labels that make up the core of the Elektra Music Group: Elektra, Fueled By Ramen, and Roadrunner. The company's adventurous, eclectic roster includes culture-defining artists such as Brandi Carlile, Coheed and Cambria, Fitz and the Tantrums, Gojira, Kaleo, Korn, Panic! At The Disco, Paramore, Slipknot, Tones and I, Twenty One Pilots, and others
Why this could be your next big break:
As a product manager for EMG, you'll see and touch it all. You're in the center of everything; you're the quarterback who drives the project alongside an amazing team of skilled peers. From the day an artist joins the family, you're there to help build the strategy and shape the overall campaign. It is a one-of-a-kind perspective on an artist and their campaign and invaluable position in the company.
Here you'll get to:
• Oversee all aspects of artists' product development from concept to completion.
• You will be the hub of a project - providing tools, direction, and information to individual departments, while coordinating each department's efforts in execution of marketing strategies.
• Develop unique and bespoke marketing plans that are tailored to each individual artist with knowledge of marketplace, genre, and available resources.
• Spearhead, create and organize artist content, while developing plans to maximize value of such content
• Work closely with the artist and team to help develop and maintain a consistent image and brand for each artist and/or release.
• Manage project budgets, and successfully execute plans while working within budgets.
• Analyze industry metrics and utilize them inform our strategies
• Initiate and execute creation of physical and digital product to generate revenue, increase perceived value, and enhance consumer experience.
• Define objectives, scope, resource allocation, and budget for products being brought to market.
• Coordinate artist's activities around releases and tour dates to maximize exposure and profile.
Rockstar candidates will be able to:
• Have gained 5-8 years of product management experience in a fast-paced industry where both creativity and attention to detail are equally paramount.
• Demonstrate a desire to continue to learn, grow and adapt with the rapidly changing industry
• Express themselves creatively and have excellent communication skills.
• Possess the ability multi-task and pivot quickly while managing many projects simultaneously.
• Maintain a track record of formulating creative ideas and solutions and ability to influence others with these ideas.
• Continue to develop a strong awareness of the physical, digital, mobile sector as well as an awareness of growing technologies and outlets.
• Demonstrate a proven experience of juggling several projects to meet strict deadlines.
• Possess the drive, desire and ability to drive projects from inception to completion.
It would be music to our ears if you also had:
A broad understanding and appreciation of music genres as well as awareness of trending other entrainment industry sectors – film, TV, tech, gaming, etc
Why join us?
Warner Music Group is all about our people. We are one global company made up of the most knowledgeable, passionate, and creative people in our business.
It is the mission of every member of the WMG team around the world to create a nurturing environment for artists, songwriters, and the people behind the music, every stage of their career. We strive to set WMG apart from the rest of the industry by embracing a philosophy of innovation that is part of our company's DNA.
Consider a career at WMG and be a part of one of the biggest forces in music today.
Love this job and want to apply?
Click the ''Apply'' link or apply directly with your LinkedIn. Applying with LinkedIn will import all of the information you put in your profile, but will still allow you to upload a resume and cover letter.
Don't be discouraged if you don't hear from us right away. We're taking our time to review all resumes, and to find the best people for WMG.
Thanks for your interest in working for Warner Music Group. We love it here, and think you will too.
We are an equal opportunity employer that is committed to inclusion and diversity and will not discriminate against an applicant or employee on the basis of age, sex, sexual orientation, race, color, creed, religion, ethnicity, national origin, alienage or citizenship, disability, marital status, familial status, military or veteran status, or any other legal recognized protected basis under federal, state or local laws, regulations or ordinances.
We are committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation because of a disability for any part of the application or employment process, please send an e-mail to Recruitment@wmg.com and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information.
Copyright © 2020 Warner Music Inc.