Senior Manager / Director, International Marketing
Warner Music GroupNew York, NY
Full Time Job
At Warner Music Group we're all about our people. Our global company is made up of knowledgeable, passionate, and creative individuals. Our commitment to Diversity, Equity and Inclusion fosters a culture where you can truly belong, contribute, and grow. We believe in each individual's value and encourage applications from people of any age, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, religion, ethnicity, disability, veteran status, and any other characteristic or identity.
It is the mission of every member of the WMG team around the world to create a nurturing environment for artists, songwriters, and the people behind the music – at every stage of their career. We strive to set WMG apart by embracing innovation – an integral part of our company's DNA.
Consider a career at WMG and be a part of one of the most influential forces in culture today.
Job Title: Senior Manager/Director, International Marketing
A little bit about our team:
The Warner Recorded Music Marketing team serves as the marketing liaison between domestic marketing teams, Warner Music's global territory offices (outside of the U.S.) and artist management. To maximize sales and revenue for our repertoire, via marketing & promotional planning and execution, throughout the world outside of the U.S. It is our goal to establish our recording artists in each one of our international affiliates. You will liaise with Warner teams in all countries to deliver success and opportunities to your roster.
Why this could be your next big break:
If you want an incredible education in how the global music business works, if you love to travel, if you love how music dovetails into different cultures all over the world. If you want to help develop your artists careers around the Globe in a relaxed, fun but driven environment.
This position will be responsible for spearheading strategic international marketing and commerce campaigns for audio and video releases, for a defined roster of artists, across all 50+ Warner Music Group affiliates and licensees. Will also act as liaison between artists, managers, and Elektra Music Group.
Here you'll get to:
• Have your own roster of artists that you will be responsible for.
• Be responsible for building a strategy and plans to develop their careers outside the USA.
• Get to know a LOT about streaming, radio, fan engagement, digital marketing, publicity and more. How all these things work in all music markets around the world and how we can use them all to effectively build an artist's career – locally and globally.
• Travel and build relationships with your artists on promo trips to Europe, Asia, Australia, Latin America, Canada.
• Be part of a close-knit team that will support your growth and help you succeed.
• Build a global network of friends and colleagues
• Work with affiliates to develop the strongest and most active campaigns bespoke for each territory and each artist.
• Supply affiliates with all marketing tools for the U.S. originated releases, including but not limited to: press releases, press photos, bios, label copy, sales sheets, album covers, music videos, advertising assets, as well as customizing these as needed, and custom assets from scratch.
• Work with artist management and affiliates to instigate, coordinate and approve all international press and promotion
• Communicate priorities and general releases to the world through e-mail updates, contributions to the international newsletter, direct and conference calls and release schedules for both audio and video products.
Artist Development / Promotion:
• Initiate, develop and implement global promotion for EMG artists
• Plan and budget international promotion trips for artists, includes scheduling in-person and phone interviews, organizing and hosting press junkets
• Manage artists' international schedules as it relates to promotions, book artist travel, accompany artist on international promotion trips
• Interact with domestic marketing, sales, promotion, new media, radio, creative, brand, sync, and A&R departments
• Attend planning meetings and label events
• Look to be aware of opportunities for Warner Records artists in international territories, and to have our artists at the forefront of new campaign opportunities around the world.
• Request sales projections from the key international territories for fleshing out large advance-driven projects
• Possess knowledge of Global Marketplace / global, local and regional streaming/commercial partners.
• Act as the gatekeeper for all communication regarding release from your roster for all territories
• Originate conference calls with key territories to discuss present and future releases, marketing materials and opportunities.
• Responsible to communicate international needs and successes with domestic staff
• Responsible to supply international consumption reports to executive staff and artist management
• Drive international consumption to achieve projected international budget numbers
• Raise PO's and process invoices associated with international marketing costs
• Experience managing your own roster of artists.
• 3-5+ years of professional experience in music marketing. Preferable international music marketing.
• Have the ability to build a strategic view for your artists, matched with an ability to get in the weeds and execute plans
• Have the ability to balance nuanced conversations between the domestic team, artists & managers and affiliates
• Have the ability to both care about what you do, and also not take things personally
It would be music to our ears if you also had:
• A background in international music marketing.
• Passion for music and understanding of business.
• A passport!
• In-depth knowledge of all social media platforms and analytics & streaming services.
• Strong organizational and project management skills with added attention to details and deadlines
• Excellent writing, communication, and presentation skills
• Strong interpersonal skills and ability to effectively work in a fast-paced environment with both creative and business-oriented colleagues and partners
With its broad and diverse roster of new stars and legendary artists, Warner Music Group is home to a collection of the best-known record labels in the music industry including Asylum, Atlantic, East West, Elektra, FFRR, Fueled by Ramen, Nonesuch, Parlophone, Rhino, Roadrunner, Sire, Warner Records, Warner Classics and Warner Chappell Music, one of the world's leading music publishers with a catalogue of more than one million copyrights worldwide.
For more than four decades, WMG has been an industry-leading force in providing a world-class array of services designed to help artists and labels grow their careers and their businesses. Artist & Label Services is the umbrella for WEA (Warner-Elektra-Atlantic) – the pioneering WEA distribution and marketing network – and Alternative Distribution Alliance (ADA) – the ground-breaking global distribution company for independent artists and labels.
Love this job and want to apply?
Click the ''Apply'' link at the top of the page, or apply directly with your LinkedIn. Applying with LinkedIn will import all of the information you put in your profile, but will still allow you to upload a resume and cover letter.
Don't be discouraged if you do