Senior Manager, Compliance & Legal
Warner Music GroupNew York, NY
Full Time Job
WMG's top priority is the safety and wellbeing of its team members, artists and songwriters across the globe. In response to COVID-19, WMG is fully committed to helping its people balance their home and life commitments with flexible working options, virtual wellness sessions, and more. WMG strives to maintain a COVID-free workplace. To that end, being fully vaccinated against COVID-19 is a condition of employment for all US new employees, prior to the commencement of employment. If you are hired, you will be required to provide proof of your vaccination as part of your new employee onboarding process, subject to our legal obligation to make reasonable accommodations in certain limited circumstances.
At Warner Music Group, we're a global collective of music makers and music lovers, tech innovators and inspired entrepreneurs, game-changing creatives and passionate team members. Here, we know that each talent makes our collective bolder and brighter. We are guided by four core principles that underpin everything we do across all our diverse businesses:
• Music is Everything: Music is our passion, and we can never get enough. Tastes, trends, and tech will change, but great artists and songwriters will always be our driving force.
• Global Growth, Local Expertise: Music is a global language. Through communication and collaboration, our success can come from anywhere and translate everywhere.
• Innovation and Insight: Pushing the boundaries requires the best information and the boldest imagination. We use both to create the future.
• Empowered by People: Like the artists we serve and the music they make, our differences make us stronger. This is a place where every talent can belong and build a career.
We remain committed to Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion. We know it fosters a culture where you can truly belong, contribute, and grow. We encourage applications from people of any age, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, religion, ethnicity, disability, veteran status, and any other characteristic or identity.
Consider a career at WMG and get the best of both worlds – an innovative global music company that retains the creative spirit of a nimble independent.
Job Title: Senior Manager, Compliance and Legal
A little bit about our team:
The Corporate Secretary's Office is responsible for managing the corporate secretary activities of Warner Music Group and its affiliates and maintains their official records.
This role will provide corporate secretarial expertise to WMG by assisting with planning and administering various tasks for the Board of Directors of Warner Music Group and other tasks administered by the Corporate Secretary's Office. The role will report to the SVP, Deputy General Counsel & Chief Compliance Officer and Corporate Secretary. In this role, you will also assist the Capital Markets/Securities and Compliance groups.
Here you'll get to:
• Organize annual board meetings and prepare any meeting materials
• Schedule board calendars and address board requests
• Manage director board portal
• Manage annual board processes, such as the D&O (Director & Officer) questionnaires, diversity questionnaires and board self-assessments
• Annual director compensation, including equity grant issuances
• Partner with the Corporate Secretary in the preparation and filing of annual and other reports and SEC filings
• Liaising with tax and finance departments to get required information for annual and other reports including director tax reporting
• SEC reporting, including periodic and Section 16 filings
• Capital markets transactions, including closings for debt and equity offerings
• Compliance matters, including compliance with policies such as the trade compliance policy
• Perform legal research from various databases, draft documents, and presentations, maintain electronic files, and monitor filing deadlines
• Oversee miscellaneous discreet projects
• Bachelor's degree in a related field
• 6+ years experience in a corporate legal department
• Demonstrated experience in SEC and Nasdaq compliance
• Prior experience in interacting with external members of the board of directors and senior level executives
• Ability to exercise discretion with highly sensitive information
• Ability to multi-task with a focus on quality and meet multiple deadlines in a fast-paced environment with minimal supervision
• Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail
• Outstanding written and verbal communication skills as well as solid interpersonal skills
• Capable of working with others at all levels of the organization and across cultures
With its broad and diverse roster of new stars and legendary artists, Warner Music Group is home to a collection of the best-known record labels in the music industry including Asylum, Atlantic, East West, Elektra, FFRR, Fueled by Ramen, Nonesuch, Parlophone, Rhino, Roadrunner, Sire, Warner Records, Warner Classics and Warner Chappell Music, one of the world's leading music publishers with a catalogue of more than one million copyrights worldwide.
For more than four decades, WMG has been an industry-leading force in providing a world-class array of services designed to help artists and labels grow their careers and their businesses. Artist & Label Services is the umbrella for WEA (Warner-Elektra-Atlantic) – the pioneering WEA distribution and marketing network – and Alternative Distribution Alliance (ADA) – the ground-breaking global distribution company for independent artists and labels.
Together, we are Warner Music Group: Music With Vision & Voice.
Love this job and want to apply?
Click the ''Apply'' link at the top of the page, or apply directly with your LinkedIn. Applying with LinkedIn will import all of the information you put in your profile, but will still allow you to upload a resume and cover letter.
Don't be discouraged if you don't hear from us right away. We're taking our time to review all resumes, and to find the best people for WMG.
Thanks for your interest in working for WMG. We love it here, and think you will, too.
WMG is committed to inclusion and diversity in all aspects of our business. We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and will evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, religious creed, color, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, ancestry, marital status, medical condition as defined by state law (genetic characteristics or cancer), physical or mental disability, military service or veteran status, pregnancy, childbirth and related medical conditions, genetic information or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state or local law.
Copyright © 2022 Warner Music Inc.