Senior Manager, Content Protection & Anti-Piracy
Warner Music GroupLos Angeles, CA
This was removed by the employer on 1/14/2021 11:30:00 AM PST
Not to worry we have many other jobs on the site;
Browse all jobs
Browse the Legal and Business Affairs Category
Browse the Music Category
Search for Senior Manager, Content Protection & Anti-Piracy jobs in Los Angeles-CA
Search all Senior Manager, Content Protection & Anti-Piracy postings
Full Time Job
Senior Manager, Content Protection & Anti-Piracy
We are Warner Music Group, home to a broad roster of new stars and legendary artists through a collection of the best-known record labels in the music industry including Asylum, Atlantic, Big Beat, Canvasback, East West, Elektra, Erato, FFRR, Fueled by Ramen, Nonesuch, Parlophone, Reprise, Rhino, Roadrunner, Sire, Spinnin', Warner Records, Warner Classics, and Warner Music Nashville, as well as Warner Chappell Music, one of the world's leading music publishers, with a catalog of more than one million copyrights worldwide.
For more than four decades, WMG has been an industry-leading force in providing a world-class array of services designed to help artists and labels grow their careers and their businesses. Artist & Label Services is the umbrella for WEA (Warner-Elektra-Atlantic) – the pioneering WEA distribution and marketing network – and Alternative Distribution Alliance (ADA) – the groundbreaking global distribution company for independent artists and labels.
Job Title: Senior Manager, Content Protection & Anti-Piracy
Reports To: Sr. Director, Content Protection
Department: Global Digital Accounts
Location: Los Angeles, CA
We currently have a fantastic opportunity to join our innovative and highly sought-after Global Digital Account Management team within WEA, Warner Music Group's distribution division.
A little bit about our team:
We provide support to our label and territory partners in rights management, optimization, and content protection to ensure maximum revenue opportunities at our commercial digital partners.
Why this could be your next big break:
We are looking for someone who is eager to interact with a diverse group of internal and external stakeholders to protect Warner Music Group's content and who is motivated to help our artists maintain control over their release plans. This person is a leader and will help shape a world-class content protection team.
Here you'll get to:
• Collaborate with an international team to provide on-call emergency leak coverage and day-to-day response to repertoire owner requests submitted via our internal e-mail alias to stop infringing activity
• Independently monitor digital platforms and search engines for infringements of Warner Music Group's content
• Conduct and coordinate takedown actions across various Digital Service Providers in accordance with the Digital Millennium Copyright Act
• Draft cease and desist letters to ensure our content is not distributed or sold by unauthorized parties
• Work directly with our internal label partners and International affiliates to manage priority release schedules and maintain content protection best practices
• Coordinate with third-party anti-piracy services and industry trade groups to monitor and protect priority releases
• Receive and create first-seen reports for infringing uploads
• Coordinate with internal label partners, third-party services, and eCommerce platforms to monitor and protect physical merchandise sold across multiple digital platforms and marketplaces
Rockstar candidates will be able to:
• Use Microsoft Office (Outlook, Word, Excel, Teams, & PowerPoint)
• Demonstrate proficiency with internet research and discovery tools
• Stay organized, on task, and motivated
• Learn, dissect, and implement new processes, procedures, and concepts quickly
• Review analysis and translate it into actions
• Work independently
It would be music to our ears if you also had:
• Law degree and member of a state bar in good standing
• At least 3-5 years of experience with digital content management, anti-piracy, or copyright matters
Why join us?
Warner Music Group is all about our people. We are one global company made up of the most knowledgeable, passionate, and creative people in our business.
It is the mission of every member of the WMG team around the world to create a nurturing environment for artists, songwriters, and the people behind the music, every stage of their career. We strive to set WMG apart from the rest of the industry by embracing a philosophy of innovation that is part of our company's DNA.
Consider a career at WMG and be a part of one of the biggest forces in music today.
Love this job and want to apply?
Click the ''Apply'' link or apply directly with your LinkedIn. Applying with LinkedIn will import all of the information you put in your profile, but will still allow you to upload a resume and cover letter.
Don't be discouraged if you don't hear from us right away. We're taking our time to review all resumes, and to find the best people for WMG.
Thanks for your interest in working for Warner Music Group. We love it here, and think you will too.
We are an equal opportunity employer that is committed to inclusion and diversity and will not discriminate against an applicant or employee on the basis of age, sex, sexual orientation, race, color, creed, religion, ethnicity, national origin, alienage or citizenship, disability, marital status, familial status, military or veteran status, or any other legal recognized protected basis under federal, state or local laws, regulations or ordinances.
We are committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation because of a disability for any part of the application or employment process, please send an e-mail to Recruitment@wmg.com and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information.
Copyright © 2020 Warner Music Inc.