Senior Financial Analyst, Technology / Data Operations - Corporate Services
Warner Music GroupNew York, NY
Full Time Job
Senior Financial Analyst, Technology/Data Operations - Corporate Services
A little bit about our team:
This position is part of the corporate FP&A department reporting into the Warner Music CFO. This role provides financial support and analysis to the corporate services departments with a primary focus on global Information Technology (IT), our largest corporate spend department and the office of the Chief Data Officer(CDO). Primary responsibilities include forecasting, budgeting, financial operations, project cost tracking and monthly close.
Here you'll get to:
• Support the Chief Information Officer, Chief Data Officer and all IT leadership with budget management, tracking of actual results and monthly forecasting. Provide a monthly Global reporting package to the CIO & CDO to report on all variances to budget and forecast on a vendor basis.
• Collaborate with the IT/Data leadership on bottom up and top down budget development, analysis and presentation.
• Track actual project costs against budget. Work with Project Managers to investigate and provide variance explanations between budget, forecast, and actuals to CIO, CDO, and various senior level executives.
• Collect, consolidate, and analyze all Global IT submissions for budgets, major forecasts, and actual submissions and reports results to the CIO.
• Perform key monthly close activities such as preparing journal entries, reviewing balance sheet reconciliations and fixed assets management.
• Ensure proper approval, coding, processing and closure of contracts/SOWs, PO's and invoices during the month and as part of the month end close.
• Own monthly cash forecast for IT, GDO and various other projects.
• Assist in the development and maintenance of financial models and business cases to support capital projects and investment, including determination of a return on investment (ROI).
• Provide support during the quarterly and annual audits.
• Supports the external reporting team with various ad-hoc requests during the preparation of the 10Q and 10K.
• Track and manage key financial data from third-party contracts and work closely with IT sourcing and procurement team to govern spend levels.
• Assist with the review of all Global Capital Allocation Request submissions and ensure all requested spend has been budgeted for and reflected accurately.
• Work with UK finance team to collect and analyze monthly reporting packages for the UK IT departments and analyze UK specific project spend.
• Perform various ad-hoc reporting and analysis as requested by senior management.
It would be music to our ears if you also had:
• Strong analytical and problem-solving skills with ability to work independently and in a team.
• Knowledge of accounting and finance.
• Understanding of physical and digital corporate technology infrastructure (hardware, systems, applications and verbiage) preferred.
• Strong organizational skills with ability to multitask in a fast-paced environment.
• Detail-oriented self-starter, who has a positive attitude and committed to developing their career.
• Commitment to follow-up on open action items/assignments and ability to meet deadlines.
• Excellent communication and presentation skills, both written and oral.
• High proficiency in Microsoft Excel, Word and PowerPoint applications.
• Experience with SAP or other large ERP systems preferred.
• Education Required/Preferred:
• 2-4 years' experience with budgeting, forecasting, account analysis, month-end activities, and vendor management, preferably with a Technology department.
• Bachelor's degree required preferably in Accounting or Finance.
We are Warner Music Group, home to a broad roster of new stars and legendary artists through a collection of the best-known record labels in the music industry including Asylum, Atlantic, Big Beat, Canvasback, East West, Elektra, Erato, FFRR, Fueled by Ramen, Nonesuch, Parlophone, Reprise, Rhino, Roadrunner, Sire, Spinnin', Warner Records, Warner Classics, and Warner Music Nashville, as well as Warner Chappell Music, one of the world's leading music publishers, with a catalog of more than one million copyrights worldwide.
Love this job and want to apply?
Click the ''Apply'' link or apply directly with your LinkedIn. Applying with LinkedIn will import all of the information you put in your profile, but will still allow you to upload a resume and cover letter.
Don't be discouraged if you don't hear from us right away. We're taking our time to review all resumes, and to find the best people for WMG.
Thanks for your interest in working for Warner Music Group. We love it here, and think you will too.
We are an equal opportunity employer that is committed to inclusion and diversity and will not discriminate against an applicant or employee on the basis of age, sex, sexual orientation, race, color, creed, religion, ethnicity, national origin, alienage or citizenship, disability, marital status, familial status, military or veteran status, or any other legal recognized protected basis under federal, state or local laws, regulations or ordinances.
We are committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation because of a disability for any part of the application or employment process, please send an e-mail and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information.
Copyright © 2019 Warner Music Inc.