Senior Director/ Vice President, Business & Legal Affairs
Warner Music GroupNew York, NY
This was removed by the employer on 2/14/2023 9:30:00 AM PST
Not to worry we have many other jobs on the site;
Browse all jobs
Browse the Executive Positions Category
Browse the Legal and Business Affairs Category
Browse the Music Category
Search for Senior Director/ Vice President, Business & Legal Affairs jobs in New York-NY
Search all Senior Director/ Vice President, Business & Legal Affairs postings
Full Time Job
At Warner Music Group, we're a global collective of music makers and music lovers, tech innovators and inspired entrepreneurs, game-changing creatives and passionate team members. Here, we know that each talent makes our collective bolder and brighter. We are guided by four core principles that underpin everything we do across all our diverse businesses:
• Music is Everything: Music is our passion, and we can never get enough. Tastes, trends, and tech will change, but great artists and songwriters will always be our driving force.
• Global Growth, Local Expertise: Music is a global language. Through communication and collaboration, our success can come from anywhere and translate everywhere.
• Innovation and Insight: Pushing the boundaries requires the best information and the boldest imagination. We use both to create the future.
• Empowered by People: Like the artists we serve and the music they make, our differences make us stronger. This is a place where every talent can belong and build a career.
Senior Director/ Vice President, Business & Legal Affairs ( title commensurate with experience)
A little bit about our team:
The Business and Legal Affairs teams at 300 Elektra Entertainment are a close-knit group of passionate music attorneys. Our team negotiates record deals for 300's and Elektra's entire roster of artists and manages the business and legal issues relating to the creation, distribution, monetization, and marketing of our artists' music. Our team works directly with every department at the label, including A&R, marketing, artist development, publicity, royalties, finance, and sales.
300 Elektra Entertainment is the marriage of two iconic brands – 300 Entertainment and Elektra Music Group – whose influence is shaping the modern landscape of music and culture. We are a family of independent minded entrepreneurs and passionate visionaries driven by creativity and a commitment to artist development. We are a family of risk-takers who revel in disrupting norms and setting trends, rather than following them. This is an opportunity to join our growing family and play an integral part in helping move the music business forward.
Here you'll get to:
• Negotiate and draft a wide variety of complex music industry agreements, including recording agreements, merchandising agreements, fan club agreements, collateral entertainment agreements, label deals, profit split deals, soundtrack album agreements, producer agreements, manufacturing and distribution agreements, and various types of licenses.
• Liaise with all other departments of the company to answer questions and ensure compliance with contractual and legal obligations
• Review artwork, video treatments, video rough cuts and other audio and audiovisual recordings to assess potential risks and claims.
• Review mastering requests to ensure that all releases have been cleared (or the risk of non-clearance has been understood and assumed) prior to release.
• Provide ongoing advice to Business Affairs Administration department on contractual interpretation, standards and clearance related issues.
• Work with Rhino to facilitate clearance requests.
• Provide advice to Audit and Finance departments on contractual interpretation and audit strategy; negotiate and draft final settlements.
• Review royalty statements of major artists and statements which are substantially payable to ensure accuracy.
• Work with WEA and Finance and Sales departments regarding pricing issues for digital releases and assessing risks of various sales programs; develop strategies to resolve issues.
• Manage claims and outside counsel as necessary.
• Must have J.D. and authorization to practice law in New York.
• Must be proficient with Microsoft Word and Outlook.
• Strong drafting, negotiating, analytical and organizational skills, with substantial experience in music industry contracts and issues.
• Strong interpersonal skills to successfully interface with outside attorneys, senior management and general staff.
• Attention to detail and the ability to manage a high-volume workload efficiently and smoothly.
• Ability to work well in small, fast-paced department.
• Ability to multi-task and balance competing priorities.
• Comfortable teaming with other attorneys and departments.
We'd love it if you also had:
• Minimum of 5 years previous experience in Business & Legal Affairs department of major record company.
• Demonstrated drafting and negotiation skills.
• Excellent interpersonal skills, including the ability to effectively interact with a range of personalities and styles and establish effective relationships externally and internally at all organizational levels.
• Strongly self-motivated with demonstrated ability to work independently as well as part of a close-knit team.
Love this job and want to apply?
Click the ''Apply'' link at the top of the page, or apply directly with your LinkedIn. Applying with LinkedIn will import all of the information you put in your profile, but will still allow you to upload a resume and cover letter.
Don't be discouraged if you don't hear from us right away. We're taking our time to review all resumes, and to find the best people for W