Senior Director, Tax Planning
Warner Music GroupNew York, NY
Full Time Job
Senior Director, Tax Planning
We are Warner Music Group, home to a broad roster of new stars and legendary artists through a collection of the best-known record labels in the music industry including Asylum, Atlantic, Big Beat, Canvasback, East West, Elektra, Erato, FFRR, Fueled by Ramen, Nonesuch, Parlophone , Reprise, Rhino, Roadrunner, Sire, Spinnin ', Warner Records , Warner Classics, and Warner Mus ic Nashville, as well as Warner Chappell Music, one of the world's leading music publishers, with a catalog of more than one million copyrights worldwide.
We currently have a fantastic opportunity to join our innovative and highly sought-after Global Tax team.
Why this could be your next big break:
As the Senior Director, Tax Planning, you will report to the SVP Global Tax and will be responsible for overseeing the tax planning function. In this position, you will work closely with the SVP Global Tax to further develop a global tax strategy and identify, evaluate and implement opportunities to minimize the global effective tax rate and cash taxes while effectively managing risk from cross-border international, domestic US, state and local, and local country tax perspectives. In this capacity, you also will work collaboratively with the VP's of International and Compliance and Reporting, and business leaders, to understand the tax profile and key business drivers both currently and into the future.
Here you'll get to:
• Advise on U.S M&A for acquisitions, business development and licensing deals, joint ventures, divestitures and restructurings including due diligence, design and implementation of structuring, financing and post-acquisition integration;
• Monitor federal, state, international and OECD legislative and statutory tax changes and evaluate the potential impact to the Company;
• Ensure all tax aspects of tax planning and transactions are properly reported and appropriately disclosed in the tax compliance and tax reporting;
• Oversee modeling of potential planning scenarios;
• Collaborate within the tax department to develop professional tax staff and foster a team-based work environment providing supervision and development opportunities for the team
Rockstar candidates will have:
• In depth understanding of the US international tax regime, including GILTI, FDII, subpart F, foreign tax credit rules and computations, intangible planning including section 367(d) and valuation principles under section 482. In addition, strong subchapter C, withholding, and compliance experience is required;
• Strong experience in international tax concepts such as transfer pricing and BEPS, treaty qualification, and basic working knowledge of non-US tax law in key jurisdictions in Europe, Asia and Latin America;
• Strong research and analytical skills, with expertise in US international tax;
• Strong communication and project management skills. Experience in project management and implementation of multi-jurisdictional tax planning projects is required;
• At least 7-10 years' Big 4 international tax or equivalent experience is required;
• JD and LLM in Tax or CPA plus MST or equivalent;
• Able to handle change in a proactive way
Why join us?
Warner Music Group is all about our people. We are one global company made up of the most knowledgeable, passionate, and creative people in our business.
It is the mission of every member of the WMG team around the world to create a nurturing environment for artists, songwriters, and the people behind the music, every stage of their career. We strive to set WMG apart from the rest of the industry by embracing a philosophy of innovation that is part of our company's DNA.?
Consider a career at WMG and be a part of one of the biggest forces in music today.?
Love this job and want to apply?
Click the ''Apply'' link or apply directly with your LinkedIn. Applying with LinkedIn will import all of the information you put in your profile, but will still allow you to upload a resume and cover letter.
Don't be discouraged if you don't hear from us right away. We're taking our time to review all resumes, and to find the best people for WMG.
Thanks for your interest in working for Warner Music Group. We love it here, and think you will too.
We are an equal opportunity employer that is committed to inclusion and diversity and will not discriminate against an applicant or employee on the basis of age, sex, sexual orientation, race, color, creed, religion, ethnicity, national origin, alienage or citizenship, disability, marital status, familial status, military or veteran status, or any other legal recognized protected basis under federal, state or local laws, regulations or ordinances.
We are committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation because of a disability for any part of the application or employment process, please send an e-mail to Recruitment@wmg.com and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information.
Copyright © 20 19 Warner Music Inc.