Senior Director, New Business & Ventures
Warner Music GroupNew York, NY
Full Time Job
Senior Director, New Business & Ventures
We are Warner Music Group, home to a broad roster of new stars and legendary artists through a collection of the best-known record labels in the music industry including Asylum, Atlantic, Big Beat, Canvasback, East West, Elektra, Erato, FFRR, Fueled by Ramen, Nonesuch, Parlophone, Reprise, Rhino, Roadrunner, Sire, Spinnin', Warner Records, Warner Classics, and Warner Music Nashville, as well as Warner Chappell Music, one of the world's leading music publishers, with a catalog of more than one million copyrights worldwide.
Job title: Senior Director, New Business & Ventures
A little bit about our team:
New Business & Ventures is responsible for developing strategic initiatives and executing partnerships, content license deals, and investments to grow WMG's distribution network and revenue beyond core music streaming by engaging music fans in scaled, culturally relevant digital platforms and communities through social and gaming use cases as well as immersive experiences. The team's global mandate places it in the intersection of the rapidly evolving global digital media and consumer technology landscape, and as such, the team is charged with experimenting with emerging technologies and overseeing WMG's relationships and initiatives within the startup ecosystem. Given its broad strategic objectives, New Business & Ventures works closely with teams across WMG's various businesses, including Atlantic Records, Warner Records, international affiliates, WEA, ADA, and Warner Chappell.
Based in New York, this position is responsible for leading WMG's platform license negotiations across the social, gaming, and streaming fitness spaces. Deals will incorporate innovative structures focused on new use cases and multimodal business models. The role will be expected to participate in WMG's startup initiatives, including WMG's Boost venture fund and Techstars Music as well as maintaining active relationships with other investors. The ideal candidate for the role will have content licensing and investing experience.
Here you'll get to:
• Lead cross-functional teams focused on negotiating and executing catalog license platform deals
• Support WMG's startup initiatives, including actively participating in WMG Boost and Techstars Music and maintaining relationships with investors
• Monitor trends in the media and consumer tech ecosystem for the purpose of developing new strategic initiatives and providing guidance to senior management
• Partner with key stakeholders across the organization to identify and research new areas of opportunity for WMG's artists and operating units
• Develop long term strategies focused on diversification of WMG's revenue and capabilities
• Strong negotiating skills and an ability to effectively build and manage relationships with partners
• Proven ability leading deal and project-based teams
• Experience creating, presenting, and executing on new strategic initiatives
• A strong understanding of the broader digital media ecosystem and evolving consumer technology
• Established record in applying innovative approaches and structures to deal making
• Excellent analytical ability, written communication, and interpersonal skills
• Music content licensing experience is required
• Strong knowledge of digital media and consumer technology is required
• Experience working with and investing in startups is preferred
• Aptitude in project management and team leadership
• Demonstrated executive presence and self-management ability
• 10 years of relevant work experience
Why join us?
Warner Music Group is all about our people. We are one global company made up of the most knowledgeable, passionate, and creative people in our business.
It is the mission of every member of the WMG team around the world to create a nurturing environment for artists, songwriters, and the people behind the music, every stage of their career. We strive to set WMG apart from the rest of the industry by embracing a philosophy of innovation that is part of our company's DNA.
Consider a career at WMG and be a part of one of the biggest forces in music today.
Love this job and want to apply?
Click the ''Apply'' link at the top of the page, or apply directly with your LinkedIn. Applying with LinkedIn will import all of the information you put in your profile, but will still allow you to upload a resume and cover letter.
Don't be discouraged if you don't hear from us right away. We're taking our time to review all resumes, and to find the best people for WMG.
Thanks for your interest in working for Warner Music Group. We love it here, and think you will too.
Warner Music Group is an equal opportunity employer. We enthusiastically accept our responsibility to make employment decisions without regard to race, religious creed, color, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, ancestry, marital status, medical condition as defined by state law (genetic characteristics or cancer), physical or mental disability, military service or veteran status, pregnancy, childbirth and related medical conditions, genetic information or any other classification protected by applicable federal, state or local laws or ordinances.
Copyright © 2018 Warner Music Inc.