Senior Director, Label Management
Warner Music GroupNashville, TN
Full Time Job
At Warner Music Group we're all about our people. Our global company is made up of knowledgeable, passionate, and creative individuals. Our commitment to Diversity, Equity and Inclusion fosters a culture where you can truly belong, contribute, and grow. We believe in each individual's value and encourage applications from people of any age, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, religion, ethnicity, disability, veteran status, and any other characteristic or identity.
It is the mission of every member of the WMG team around the world to create a nurturing environment for artists, songwriters, and the people behind the music – at every stage of their career. We strive to set WMG apart by embracing innovation – an integral part of our company's DNA.
Consider a career at WMG and be a part of one of the most influential forces in culture today.
A little bit about our team:
ADA is the world's leading distributor of independent music. We strive to be a valuable partner to our label clients, guiding them to success across the commercial and marketing space, as well as providing a suite of label services from publicity to radio promotion. We work globally to deliver high-impact opportunities, and work to ensure reliable and visible content pipelines around the world. The role will sit within the Label Management team and work to drive process, relationships, and empower the label management team to continue to become true partners to our labels
Why this could be your next big break:
As ADA's Senior Director of Label Management, you will help to optimize our relationship management through establishing efficient processes, standardizing the client experience, and coaching label managers to become superstars. You will serve as a strategic operator, elevating the level of service we bring to our clients.
Here you'll get to:
• Advise Label and Product Managers day to day, while creating process, building client marketing and expansion strategy and innovating new ways of working with the team
• Develop and maintain strong relationships with key individuals at labels and support day to day of the label management team including a group of your own label/product clients.
• Build and maintain a process for Label and Product Managers to enhance the client experience: from onboarding, to proactively developing creative strategy, to building clear marketing plans and results-driven actions for our partners, to delivering placement reports to develop a culture of transparency and visibility
• In collaboration with VP of Label Management, create a hub of communication for the company under the function of Label Management
• Develop and maintain ADA services pitch strategy working closely with Warner Nashville to be an outlet for downstream and upstream opportunities
• Work with local ADA Sr. Director of Label Management and Sales to enhance relationships with the DSP accounts specifically in the Country, Pop and Americana genres to represent ADA product and labels efficiently
• Bring data informed marketing and decision making to DSPs in concert with local Sr. Director of Label Management and Sales to create more proactive pitches and drive results for our artist partners
• Drive label and artist priorities through the Commerce and Marketing teams to achieve measurable success for artists both on frontline and catalog opportunities
• Source and analyze artist performance data and set pragmatic KPIs: determine campaign effectiveness and opportunities alongside the Commercial team to push artist development; communicates results to labels
• Initiate opportunities for label artists to plug into Services organization for the appropriate priorities and find clear way of working with the Marketing group that enhances performance for artist partners
• Educate labels on best practices across digital audience development and commercial accounts using information created and sourced by commercial team
• Be the face of ADA, representing and driving new A&R and label licensing conversations where possible
• 7+ years of experience in project management within the music industry, ideally focused on release planning and label management
• Strong understanding of music metadata, able to liaise with operational staff
• Intimate knowledge of the music space with a network of professional relationships
• Highly organized, with the ability to take a project from inception to execution
• Knowledge and understanding of music distribution, with the ability to manage volume and work to tight deadlines
• A creative problem solver who can take a wide array of input, synthesize it, and create order from chaos, adding value along the way
• An expert communicator, with the ability to clarify issues, remove roadblocks, and close the loop internally and externally
• High degree of data literacy, with an ability to understand and glean insight from data tools, in addition to explain and escalate data issues
• Strong knowledge of the commercial DSP landscape, with the ability to leverage knowledge and relationships to enhance partnerships
It would be music to our ears if you also had:
• College Degree preferred
• Experience working at a music DSP
• Experience in licensing, acquisition, and/or A&R
• Experience working cross-functionally at an independent distributor
• CRM experience (Salesforce, SugarCRM, or similar)
With its broad and diverse roster of new stars and legendary artists, Warner Music Group is home to a collection of the best-known record labels in the music industry including Asylum, Atlantic, East West, Elektra, FFRR, Fueled by Ramen, Nonesuch, Parlophone, Rhino, Roadrunner, Sire, Warner Records, Warner Classics and Warner Chappell Music, one of the world's leading music publishers with a catalogue of more than one million copyrights worldwide.
For more than four decades, WMG has been an industry-leading force in providing a world-class array of services designed to help artists and labels grow their careers and their businesses. Artist & Label Services is the umbrella for WEA (Warner-Elektra-Atlantic) – the pioneering WEA distribution and marketing network – and Alternative Distribution Alliance (ADA) – the ground-breaking global distribution company for independent artists and labels. As well as consumer brands such as Songkick the live music app, EMP the merchandise e-tailer, and UPROXX the youth culture destination.
Love this job and want to apply?
Click the ''Apply'' link at the top of the page, or apply directly with your LinkedIn. Applying with LinkedIn will import all of the information you put in your profile, but will still allow you to upload a resume and cover letter.
Don't be discouraged if you don't hear from us right away. We're taking our time to review all resumes, and to find the best people for WMG.
Thanks for your interest in working for WMG. We love it here, and think you will, too.
WMG is committed to inclusion and diversity in all aspects of our business. We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and will evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, religious creed, color, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, ancestry, marital status, medical condition as defined by state law (genetic characteristics or cancer), physical or mental disability, military service or veteran status, pregnancy, childbirth and related medical conditions, genetic information or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state or local law.
Copyright © 2021 Warner Music Inc.