Senior Compensation Analyst
Warner Music GroupNew York, NY
Full Time Job
At Warner Music Group we're all about our people. Our global company is made up of knowledgeable, passionate, and creative individuals. Our commitment to Diversity, Equity and Inclusion fosters a culture where you can truly belong, contribute, and grow. We believe in each individual's value and encourage applications from people of any age, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, religion, ethnicity, disability, veteran status, and any other characteristic or identity.
It is the mission of every member of the WMG team around the world to create a nurturing environment for artists, songwriters, and the people behind the music – at every stage of their career. We strive to set WMG apart by embracing innovation – an integral part of our company's DNA.
Consider a career at WMG and be a part of one of the most influential forces in culture today.
Senior Compensation Analyst
A little bit about our team:
The Compensation and Benefits team delivers comprehensive support to the global WMG business, including delivering the annual global merit and bonus review cycle and global compensation budget. We build and maintain compensation structures to ensure our people are fairly and competitively paid.
Reporting to the Senior Director, Compensation and Benefits, this role sits within the US Compensation and Benefits team in Human Resources based out of the NYC Headquarters.
Why this could be your next big break:
You are a compensation subject matter expert and eager to expand our compensation support to additional global territories and capable of delivering complex compensation projects while enabling the attraction and retention of top talent around the world. The successful incumbent will have demonstrated compensation experience and a desire to develop and grow within a dynamic and employee-centric company.
Here you'll get to:
• Conduct year-end reporting and analysis of bonus and merit expenditure
• Participate in compensation special projects including, but not limited to, salary structure project, regulatory updates, and minimum wage requirements by state and FLSA rulings
• Prepare bi-quarterly accrual reconciliation and identify change in accrual calculations
• Responsible for Workday Compensation subject matter expertise to solution issues and review enhancement requests, working with the People Technology team
• Resolve inquiries regarding bonus and merit calculations and eligibility requirements
• Responsible for loading bonus and merit recommendations into Workday and reconciling with payroll
• Respond to territory / business unit queries in relation to the year-end process
• Perform benchmarking analysis of US and international roles utilizing third-party vendor partners
• Analyze and review job descriptions to make recommendations on salary bands and rates within the company as compared to rates in the market
• Proactively identify opportunities to enhance Workday capabilities in relation to compensation functionality through the bi-annual Workday update process, supporting regression and functional testing activities to validate changes prior to production moves
• Lead initiatives to audit compensation data in Workday
• Prepare ad-hoc reports, communications and/or presentation decks for compensation special projects
• Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience
• 4-7 years of compensation or other applicable data analysis experience
• Understanding of FLSA regulations and experience evaluating jobs
• Have an analytical mind and an eye for detail
• Have a strong operations skillset utilizing advanced Excel skills (VLOOKUP, macros, pivot tables, etc.)
• Adopt and master new systems quickly
• Ability to make independent decisions and recommendations based on compensation principles and philosophy
• Strong written, verbal, and graphic communication skills, including the ability to effectively communicate technical information to varying audiences
• Operate in an agile environment and can multitask on multiple projects
• Have good time management and the ability to prioritize tasks
• Have a high level of discretion
• Have a high energy, results-oriented, friendly and helpful demeanor
• Create an established track record of building credibility and trust across the organization through integrity and sound business ethics and judgement
• Operate autonomously while simultaneously be a consummate team player forging professional relationships across the organization
It would be music to our ears if you also had:
• Experience using Workday
• Certified Compensation Professional (CCP)
• Strong working knowledge of Microsoft Office suite
• Advanced experience in Excel, including building analyses and models
With its broad and diverse roster of new stars and legendary artists, Warner Music Group is home to a collection of the best-known record labels in the music industry including Asylum, Atlantic, East West, Elektra, FFRR, Fueled by Ramen, Nonesuch, Parlophone, Rhino, Roadrunner, Sire, Warner Records, Warner Classics and Warner Chappell Music, one of the world's leading music publishers with a catalogue of more than one million copyrights worldwide.
For more than four decades, WMG has been an industry-leading force in providing a world-class array of services designed to help artists and labels grow their careers and their businesses. Artist & Label Services is the umbrella for WEA (Warner-Elektra-Atlantic) – the pioneering WEA distribution and marketing network – and Alternative Distribution Alliance (ADA) – the ground-breaking global distribution company for independent artists and labels.
Love this job and want to apply?
Click the ''Apply'' link at the top of the page or apply directly with your LinkedIn. Applying with LinkedIn will import all the information you put in your profile but will still allow you to upload a resume and cover letter.
Don't be discouraged if you don't hear from us right away. We're taking our time to review all resumes, and to find the best people for WMG.
Thanks for your interest in working for WMG. We love it here and think you will too.
WMG is committed to inclusion and diversity in all aspects of our business. We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and will evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, religious creed, color, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, ancestry, marital status, medical condition as defined by state law (genetic characteristics or cancer), physical or mental disability, military service or veteran status, pregnancy, childbirth and related medical conditions, genetic information or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state or local law.
Copyright © 2021 Warner Music Inc.