Senior Analyst, Risk Management
Warner Music GroupNew York, NY
Full Time Job
Senior Analyst, Risk Management
Job Title: Internal Audit – Senior Analyst, Global Risk Management
A little bit about our team:
The Warner Music Group Internal Audit vision is to provide high quality assurance and advisory services in a dynamic, innovative, and impactful way. Our work includes SOX, operational audits, and proactive risk management for the business. The Internal Audit department partners with the business to focus on the most important risks and issues facing the organization and delivers results that will make the biggest positive impact. We strive to be valuable business advisors that provide meaningful insights and solutions, not just information and recommendations. We continuously look for ways to improve our audit and risk management processes and leverage technology to maximize our impact. Our success is measured by the amount of internal control improvement, risk mitigation and overall positive change that we drive across the organization.
Our department has two pillars: a Global Risk Management pillar, and a traditional audit and SOX pillar. Our work within the Global Risk Management pillar includes risk assessment procedures, assisting in the development of policies and guidance around key risk areas, training and changing how the organization interacts with risk, and review / audit of key risk projects within the organization (e.g. system implementation, process transformation, information security, acquisitions, etc.).
Why this could be your next big break:
Due to the expanded scope and remit in Internal Audit's oversight function, specifically the creation of a Global Risk Management function, we are seeking a Global Risk Management Senior Analyst to facilitate the evolution of our services. In this newly created role, you will help support the rollout and evolution of the Global Risk Management structure within our organization. This role will report to the Global Risk Management Director at WMG's New York headquarters and play a key role in supporting the function by conducting risk assessments and delivering and executing projects on a dynamic plan. The ideal candidate will possess strong interpersonal skills and a strong work ethic.
Here you'll get to:
• Support the implementation and evolution of a centralized Global Risk Management process;
• Prepare high-quality deliverables, including reports and presentations, to be shared with key internal stakeholders and external auditors;
• Assist in determining the approach for reviews using a risk-based methodology that achieves timely and high-quality results;
• Partner with various business functions to facilitate information requests during reviews;
• Track key program deliverables and shift resources as necessary based on changes in priority or senior leadership requests;
• Communicate findings timely, and track the follow-up and reporting of findings until they are remediated;
• Support in driving education and awareness of risk across the organization through periodic communication and training;
• Participate in special projects and other tasks as assigned by the Chief Audit Executive or VP of Global Risk Management.
Rockstar candidates will be able to:
• Demonstrate an understanding of enterprise risk management, risk assessment, ICFR, GAAP, COSO, and leading industry / business practices;
• Demonstrate excellent interpersonal skills, including listening, verbal, written, and presentation, with the ability to communicate effectively within various levels of the company;
• Display strong analytical and problem-solving skills, with the ability to identify and resolve complex issues;
• Demonstrate an attention to detail, strong organizational skills, a tolerance for uncertainty, and an ability to be agile and adaptable with evolving business needs;
• Exhibit the ability to manage multiple projects and priorities simultaneously and independently;
• Display a high standard of ethics and professionalism; and
• Travel domestically and internationally as needed.
It would be music to our ears if you also had:
• Bachelor or advanced degree in accounting, finance, or related field;
• 3+ years of experience overall in some combination of public accounting, internal audit, and / or risk advisory role within a multinational organization
• Professional certification (CPA, CA, and/or CIA)
• Project management certification (PMP, BPM or Six Sigma)
• Global / Enterprise Risk Management experience;
• Experience with SAP, HFM, Oracle Financials, Microsoft Office applications, or Tableau and other competencies such as cloud computing, data analytics, robotic process automation (RPA), and fraud investigations;
• Media and entertainment industry experience, specifically music industry experience; and
• Fluency in another language other than English
Why join us?
Warner Music Group is all about our people. We are one global company made up of the most knowledgeable, passionate, and creative people in our business.
It is the mission of every member of the WMG team around the world to create a nurturing environment for artists, songwriters, and the people behind the music, every stage of their career. We strive to set WMG apart from the rest of the industry by embracing a philosophy of innovation that is part of our company's DNA.
Consider a career at WMG and be a part of one of the biggest forces in music today.
Love this job and want to apply?
Click the ''Apply'' link at the top of the page, or apply directly with your LinkedIn. Applying with LinkedIn will import all of the information you put in your profile, but will still allow you to upload a resume and cover letter.
Don't be discouraged if you don't hear from us right away. We're taking our time to review all resumes, and to find the best people for WMG.
Thanks for your interest in working for Warner Music Group. We love it here, and think you will too.
Our Company is committed to a policy of Equal Employment Opportunity and will not discriminate against an applicant or employee on the basis of age, sex, sexual orientation, race, color, creed, religion, ethnicity, national Origin, alienage or citizenship, disability, marital status, familial status, military or veteran status, or any other legal recognized protected basis under federal, state or local laws, regulations or ordinances.
Applicants with disabilities may be entitled to reasonable accommodation under the terms of the Americans with Disabilities Act and certain state or local laws and the Company complies with all applicable reasonable accommodation requirements which such laws may require. Accordingly, please inform the Company's Human Resources representative if you need an accommodation in order for you to complete any employment application-related forms or otherwise to participate in the application or selection process for the position for which you are applying. A reasonable accommodation is a change in the way things are normally done which will ensure an equal employment opportunity and will enable applicants to participate in the application and selection process and for employees to perform the essential functions of their jobs without imposing undue hardship on our Company. The Company also will make reasonable accommodations to an applicants or employee's religious beliefs and practices as may be required by law, unless an undue hardship would result.
Copyright © 2017 Warner Music Inc.