Senior Analyst, Audit
Warner Music GroupNashville, TN
Full Time Job
Senior Analyst, Audit
We currently have a fantastic opportunity to join the Inquiries & Claims Team in our innovative and highly sought-after Legal Department at WMG's Center of Excellence for Shared Services.
A little bit about our team:
The U.S. Legal Shared Services organization is based in WMG's Center of Excellence for Shared Services in Nashville, Tennessee (the ''Center''). The Center is currently home to team members affiliated with four different business service organizations: The U.S. Legal Shared Services organization (or ''LSS''), the U.S. Finance Shared Services organization (or ''FSS''), the Global Data Organization, and WEA Corp. (WMG's distribution company). LSS consists of three departments: Audit, Legal, and Publishing. Employees of the Center provide services to all of WMG's U.S. record labels, Warner Chappell Music Publishing, WEA Corp. and Alternative Distribution Alliance (WMG's distribution companies), and WMG's other U.S. business units.
The Audit Department is responsible for managing all incoming audits arising from the artist recording agreements, joint venture and participation agreements, publishing license agreements, and union collective bargaining agreements to which WMG's U.S. record labels are a party.
Members of the Department work closely with employees in the Business Affairs, Finance, Production, Operations, New Media, and Marketing departments of each label client to fulfill the above-referenced responsibilities for the recordings and record those labels release.
Why this could be your next big break:
The candidate hired to fill this position will include manage all aspects of the audit process, including, without limitation, tracking audit notifications, reviewing and analyzing the claims contained in the audit reports we receive, making recommendations to the relevant WMG internal label clients regarding how to respond to those claims, facilitating settlement negotiations between the party auditing and WMG's internal label clients, and ensuring that any internal accounting entries related to the audit process are made accurately and in a timely manner.
Here you'll get to:
• Oversee the tracking of audit notice letters received by the Group's label clients; upon receipt of a given notice, you will determine (and then advise such label clients of) the maximum duration of the period the party in question is contractually permitted to audit, and then facilitate the negotiation of the actual period WMG will permit the party concerned to audit;
• Oversee the audit fieldwork process, including, without limitation, by collecting all relevant data and other information contained in the books and records of the WMG label concerned that is relevant to (and falls within the contractually-defined scope) of the audit concerned;
• Review and analyze the audit claims submitted by the auditor in question, as well as the relevant provisions of the underlying artist, publisher and union contracts that govern WMG's exploitation of the assets that is at issue in the audit;
• Develop recommendations for the WMG label client(s) concerned regarding how to respond to the audit claims in a given audit;
• Facilitate the settlement of each audit, on behalf of the WMG label client concerned; in close coordination with that label's Business & Legal Affairs and Finance Departments;
• Administer any and all payments made in connection with the settlement of each audit, ensuring that each is properly recorded in the books and records of the applicable WMG label client(s);.
• Manage the activities of the junior members of the Group in connection with each of the above-listed activities;
• Manage the input and tracking of all data related to the Group's pending audits in the Group's consolidated audit tracking spreadsheet; and
• Perform such other duties as you may be asked to perform by the senior management of the Group and the division.
Rockstar candidates will have the following:
• Candidates for this position must be able to work well independently and as part of a team;
• Candidates must have strong computer skills, including strong data entry and data analysis skills (with an emphasis on accuracy and problem-solving) and strong proficiency using Microsoft Office's Excel, Word and PowerPoint applications; familiarity with Microsoft Office's Access application is preferred, but not required.
• Candidate must possess excellent verbal and written communication skills;
• Candidate must possess excellent analytical, mathematical and organizational skills;
• Candidate must be able to meet deadlines consistently and effectively while working under pressure; candidate must be able to manage multiple assignments at any given time and prioritize them effectively and appropriately; and
• Candidate must possess comprehensive working knowledge of WMG's EROS artist royalty system;
• Candidate must possess working knowledge of one or more of the legacy royalty systems previously used by WMG's major U.S. labels (e.g., Atlantic Records, Warner Bros. Records, Rhino Entertainment).
It would be music to our ears if you also had:
• Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience required; major in accounting, finance or business is preferred.
• Candidate should possess a minimum of 3 years' experience working in a position or positions involving participation in, and management of, the external audit process for a record label.
Why join us?
Warner Music Group is all about our people. We are one global company made up of the most knowledgeable, passionate, and creative people in our business.
It is the mission of every member of the WMG team around the world to create a nurturing environment for artists, songwriters, and the people behind the music, every stage of their career. We strive to set WMG apart from the rest of the industry by embracing a philosophy of innovation that is part of our company's DNA.
Consider a career at WMG and be a part of one of the biggest forces in music today.
Love this job and want to apply?
Click the ''Apply'' link or apply directly with your LinkedIn. Applying with LinkedIn will import all of the information you put in your profile, but will still allow you to upload a resume and cover letter.
Don't be discouraged if you don't hear from us right away. We're taking our time to review all resumes, and to find the best people for WMG.
Thanks for your interest in working for Warner Music Group. We love it here, and think you will too.
We are an equal opportunity employer that is committed to inclusion and diversity and will not discriminate against an applicant or employee on the basis of age, sex, sexual orientation, race, color, creed, religion, ethnicity, national origin, alienage or citizenship, disability, marital status, familial status, military or veteran status, or any other legal recognized protected basis under federal, state or local laws, regulations or ordinances.
We are committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation because of a disability for any part of the application or employment process, please send an e-mail to Recruitment@wmg.com and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information.