Royalty Income Analyst
Warner Music GroupLos Angeles, CA
Full Time Job
Royalty Income Analyst
We currently have a fantastic opportunity to join our innovative and highly sought-after Royalties team at Warner Chappell Music.
A little bit about our team:
We are a global music publishing company, home to a wide array of legendary songwriters and a rich catalog of contemporary hits and influential standards. You will also be assisting the Manager, Royalties with reconciliation, payment and management of U.S. and Canadian royalties.
Why this could be your next big break:
You will be working at a major music publishing company, interacting with numerous departments (Finance, Legal and Copyright). You'll develop a comprehensive understanding of royalties administration working on the some of the most iconic songs ever written.
Here you'll get to:
Deal with domestic and Canadian performing rights societies, overseas affiliates, IT requests, cash book reconciliation, suspense research and statement dispatch.
Rockstar candidates will be able to:
Reconciliation, payment and management of U.S. and Canadian royalties
• Monthly, Quarterly and Bi-Yearly reconciling of royalty income.
• Analyzing and loading of local societal and record company data files.
• Creating, inputting and supervising statement processing for the U.S. and Canada.
Royalty Analyst Responsibilities
• Be responsible for specific areas of Royalty Processing and able to process royalty inquiries received from a variety of sources, to undertake relevant research and respond in a timely manner.
• Input detailed data into the Tango system.
• Use Excel and Text files to load 3rd Party files and analyze statements.
• Manually calculate royalty income using an excel package or access systems.
• Conduct suspense research through the in-house automated system using pre-determined schedule.
• Be responsible for efficient administration of U.S. and Canadian royalties maintaining effective working relationships with executives in these territories.
• Be responsible for maintaining good filing systems and department archiving.
Participate in Project responsibilities for the Royalty Processing Team:
• Participate in the ongoing dialog needed to ensure Tango's growth, with Business Analysts to develop effective testing in appropriate areas.
• Assist in other general department issues as the pressure of work dictates.
• Offer strong support to the Royalty Processing Manager on issues that arise and projects as necessary.
Key Performance Measurements:
• Provide Royalty Analyst support in the management of U.S. and Canadian royalties.
• Proven experience with music administration, ideally publishing or a collection society.
• Background in finance either through work experience or formal qualifications.
• Good understanding of Music Publishing and Performing Rights Societies.
• Advanced computer literacy on reporting packs such as Excel, Access and Business Intelligence.
• Good working knowledge of Royalty Calculations and use of rates.
• Excellent organizational skills.
• Excellent mathematical skills in calculating royalties and income.
• Excellent analytical skills.
• A proactive, flexible attitude and want to learn and progress.
• Ability to cope with a number of projects simultaneously and be able to work under pressure.
• Must be able to read and understand materials and documents and have the ability to recognize and extract critical data and information.
• Must be able to come to work on time without restrictions as to time commitment.
• Must be able to stoop, bend, stand, walk and sit for up to at least 10 hours a day.
• Must be able to lift up to 20 pounds on a semi-regular basis and perform other diverse physical tasks as needed.
• Must be able to work at and utilize all functions of a computer if necessary up to at least 10 hours a day to perform the required tasks and create and develop the necessary reports to summarize the results of research and projects and to communicate with others in the Company and with those necessary outside of the Company.