Warner Music GroupNashville, TN
Full Time Job
We are Warner Music Group, home to a broad roster of new stars and legendary artists through a collection of the best-known record labels in the music industry including Asylum, Atlantic, Big Beat, Canvasback, East West, Elektra, Erato, FFRR, Fueled by Ramen, Nonesuch, Parlophone, Reprise, Rhino, Roadrunner, Sire, Spinnin', Warner Records, Warner Classics, and Warner Music Nashville, as well as Warner Chappell Music, one of the world's leading music publishers, with a catalog of more than one million copyrights worldwide.
We currently have a fantastic opportunity to join our innovative and highly sought-after Royalties team at Warner Music Group.
A little bit about our team:
The U.S. Shared Services Reporting Department is responsible for managing all of the reporting obligations of WMG's U.S. record labels (including those operated by the Atlantic Records, Rhino Entertainment, Warner Bros. Records, and Warner Music Nashville) to recording artists, producers, writers and publishers, labor unions, and other external payees. The Department's services include the following:
• Calculating and paying royalties to recording artists, producers, and other third parties;
• Calculating the net profits earned by joint ventures between WMG's record labels and external parties and then paying those external parties their contractual shares of such profits;
• Calculating and paying mechanical royalties to songwriters and/or their publishers and administrators; and
• Calculating and paying monies due to labor unions pursuant to the terms of the collective bargaining agreements between such unions and the applicable WMG record labels that are signatories to those agreements.
Members of the Department work closely with employees in the Business Affairs, Finance, Production, Operations, New Media, and Marketing departments of each label client to fulfill the above-referenced responsibilities for the recordings and record those labels release.
Why this could be your next big break:
The candidate hired to fill this position will be responsible for entering and maintaining mechanical royalty rates in the various publishing royalty systems that WMG utilizes and processing publishing royalty statements for [Name of Label Group].
Here you'll get to:
• Maintain and update royalty account information for assigned vendors, including by updating the contact information and tax identification numbers for vendors as needed;
• Obtain all necessary contractual, publisher and administration information required to set up mechanical and other publishing royalty rates in WMG's various royalty system(s) in order for WMG to pay mechanical and other publishing royalties in respect of the musical compositions embodied in WMG's recordings and records, including audio and/or audiovisual recordings, and physical and digital records.;
• Perform and review royalty rate calculations; reference and review the underlying license agreements and/or relevant contractual provisions, as needed, in order to confirm and/or determine such royalty rates and the corresponding royalty payees before that information is entered into the applicable royalty system(s);
• Perform and review adjustments to royalty rate calculations and set-up as needed;
• Ensure that releases and projects are set-up accurately and submitted to the Team's senior managers for review in a timely manner; ensure that any corrections required to be made to the set-up for a given release or project are made accurately and submitted in a timely manner;
• Process and review quarterly and monthly publishing royalty statements to ensure the accuracy of both the royalty rates applied and the underlying earnings on which royalties are being paid;
• Ensure that publishing royalty statements are issued in a timely manner;
• Respond to inquiries from publishers regarding the statements and payments WMG has sent; and
• Perform any other duties and tasks related to the Department's role and responsibilities that might be assigned by the Team's senior management from time to time.
Rockstar candidates will be able to:
• Candidate must be able to work well independently and as part of a team;
• Candidate must possess excellent verbal and written communication skills;
• Candidate must possess excellent analytical, mathematical and organizational skills; and
• Candidate must be able to meet deadlines consistently and effectively while working under pressure;
• Candidate must be able to manage multiple assignments at any given time and prioritize them effectively and appropriately; and
• Candidate must have strong computer skills, including strong data entry skills (with an emphasis on accuracy) and strong proficiency using Microsoft Office's Excel, Word and PowerPoint applications; familiarity with Microsoft Office's Access application is preferred, but not required.
• Candidate should be prepared to work overtime toward the end of each quarterly royalty statement cycle; candidate should be prepared to schedule vacation days at times that will not conflict with these deadlines, so that their absences do not interfere with their ability to meet royalty statement deadlines.
It would be music to our ears if you also had:
• Bachelor's degree required.
• Candidate should possess 0 to 2 years' experience working in a position or positions involving the administration of mechanical or other publishing royalties.
Why join us?
Warner Music Group is all about our people. We are one global company made up of the most knowledgeable, passionate, and creative people in our business.
It is the mission of every member of the WMG team around the world to create a nurturing environment for artists, songwriters, and the people behind the music, every stage of their career. We strive to set WMG apart from the rest of the industry by embracing a philosophy of innovation that is part of our company's DNA.
Love this job and want to apply?
Click the ''Apply'' link or apply directly with your LinkedIn. Applying with LinkedIn will import all of the information you put in your profile, but will still allow you to upload a resume and cover letter.
Don't be discouraged if you don't hear from us right away. We're taking our time to review all resumes, and to find the best people for WMG.
Thanks for your interest in working for Warner Music Group. We love it here, and think you will too.
We are an equal opportunity employer that is committed to inclusion and diversity and will not discriminate against an applicant or employee on the basis of age, sex, sexual orientation, race, color, cre