Warner Music GroupNew York, NY
Full Time Job
At Warner Music Group we're all about our people. Our global company is made up of knowledgeable, passionate, and creative individuals. Our commitment to Diversity, Equity and Inclusion fosters a culture where you can truly belong, contribute, and grow. We believe in each individual's value and encourage applications from people of any age, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, religion, ethnicity, disability, veteran status, and any other characteristic or identity.
It is the mission of every member of the WMG team around the world to create a nurturing environment for artists, songwriters, and the people behind the music – at every stage of their career. We strive to set WMG apart by embracing innovation – an integral part of our company's DNA.
Consider a career at WMG and be a part of one of the most influential forces in culture today.
Job Title: Research Analyst
A little bit about our team:
The Research + Analysis department works to influence WMG's strategy and optimize day-to-day operations through data and insights. This position sits within the NYC-based global Research+Analysis team, working closely with colleagues across Business Development, WEA Distribution, and Label Partners to better understand what makes our global digital partners tick, and how we can use that information to the advantage of our artists and songwriters.
The Research Analyst will work on the Business Intelligence team within R+A using music consumption data to deliver reporting, advanced inference, predictive products and tools using, in particular, data native to the music industry. The ideal candidate will have some professional experience, ideally in the music or entertainment industry.
Here you'll get to:
• Develop new prediction and optimization procedures
• Assist in identifying market trends and creating reports to iterate and track trend
• Communicate findings and insights to senior management to establish best practices and growth opportunities, and to guide analysis into action and results
• Create analyses on partner trends, campaigns, and user behavior for account management, business development, labels, and international markets
• Undergraduate degree with majors and/or minors in Statistics, Data Science, Computer Science, Mathematics, Operations Research, Economics, or other fields where quantitative methods are routinely applied
• Coursework or experience with data visualization techniques and concepts
• Strong SQL skills required
• Advanced Excel skills (Pivot tables, VLookups, etc.) and experience with PowerPoint making decks and presentations for senior management
• Results-oriented with strong analytical skills and problem solving ability
• Strong interpersonal skills and ability to communicate clearly and effectively
• Well-organized and capable of handling multiple projects at a time
• Aptitude to learn new methods and tools as required
• Job experience 3-5 years
It would be music to our ears if you also had:
• Advanced degree, preferably PhD
• Proficient use of R or Python desired
• Experience with digital media
• Knowledge of additional programming languages (i.e., Julia, Java, Scala) a plus
With its broad and diverse roster of new stars and legendary artists, Warner Music Group is home to a collection of the best-known record labels in the music industry including Asylum, Atlantic, East West, Elektra, FFRR, Fueled by Ramen, Nonesuch, Parlophone, Rhino, Roadrunner, Sire, Warner Records, Warner Classics and Warner Chappell Music, one of the world's leading music publishers with a catalogue of more than one million copyrights worldwide.
For more than four decades, WMG has been an industry-leading force in providing a world-class array of services designed to help artists and labels grow their careers and their businesses. Artist & Label Services is the umbrella for WEA (Warner-Elektra-Atlantic) – the pioneering WEA distribution and marketing network – and Alternative Distribution Alliance (ADA) – the ground-breaking global distribution company for independent artists and labels.
Love this job and want to apply?
Click the ''Apply'' link at the top of the page, or apply directly with your LinkedIn. Applying with LinkedIn will import all of the information you put in your profile, but will still allow you to upload a resume and cover letter.
Don't be discouraged if you don't hear from us right away. We're taking our time to review all resumes, and to find the best people for WMG.
Thanks for your interest in working for WMG. We love it here, and think you will, too.
WMG is committed to inclusion and diversity in all aspects of our business. We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and will evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, religious creed, color, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, ancestry, marital status, medical condition as defined by state law (genetic characteristics or cancer), physical or mental disability, military service or veteran status, pregnancy, childbirth and related medical conditions, genetic information or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state or local law.
Copyright © 2021 Warner Music Inc.