Release Manager, Cloud
Warner Music GroupNew York, NY
Full Time Job
Release Manager, Cloud
Job Title: Release Manager, Cloud
A little bit about our team:
Global team of dynamic, creative and collaborative problems solvers working together to build highly secure and scalable solutions to drive innovation and operational excellence. This represents a technical and experienced position in the IT organization. An individual in this position is responsible for making the production systems more reliable by performing day-to-day operations including system monitoring, troubleshooting, problem identification, resolution and restoral following established and documented procedures and with minimal direction. This group is the digital thought and technology collective working with world class creative Media & Entertainment executives and their teams; acting as the trusted operators and strategic partners with them to deliver the best possible outcomes.
Why this could be your next big break:
This is an opportunity to move the needle and make a significant impact within a large global enterprise. Responsibilities include coordinating projects and resources as new business offerings and technologies are developed and implemented within Warner Music Group. Requires excellent communication and technical skills. Other functionality includes acting as engineering liaison to outside engineering entities, project budget management, staffing development and vendor management. Collaborate, design and implement ideas with business leaders from whiteboard to digital delivery and be a true partner with our business leaders. Recognize that as a Service Organization we're there to partner and steward the organization to operate efficiency, drive revenue and manage risk.
Here you'll get to:
• Project manage end to end development lifecycles
• Mitigate risk and resolve issues that effect release scope, schedule and quality
• Tailor waterfall and Agile software development methodologies
• Work with the latest and best of breed operations, collaboration, monitoring technologies
• Design and implement solutions that are highly automated and efficiently orchestrated
• Experience working in a dynamic, high-pressure global production environment.
• Ensure alignment between business and technical objectives
• Work in a highly creative environment and solve new problems everyday
• Collaborate across multiple technology and business disciplines globally
• Be a leader in a global team where all options are on the table
• Have a place to go beyond ''thinking your thoughts'', but be able to shape them, stretch them, land and fly them
Rockstar candidates will be able to:
5 years experience with release management using the following skills:
• You live and breathe Continuous Integration and Continuous Delivery (CI/CD)
• 2 years experience governing Agile and DevOps project lifecycles
• Champion the use of version control using Git
• Hands on experience with Windows and Linux operating systems
• Familiarity with Jenkins or other CI/CD tools
• Able to implement automation for repetitive tasks
• Can exercise good judgment, resolve issues, and facilitate successful resolution of operational or application issues and constraints.
• Exceptional communication skills, both written and oral.
• Ability to multi-task and adjust priorities based on workload.
• Incident management and response, post mortem follow ups/root cause analysis
It would be music to our ears if you also had:
• You have experience with Python or Bash
• Incident and crisis planning and response
• Familiarity with SOX/PCI/GDPR compliance
• Experience with Ansible, Puppet or Chef.
Why join us?
Warner Music Group is all about our people. We are one global company made up of the most knowledgeable, passionate, and creative people in our business.
It is the mission of every member of the WMG team around the world to create a nurturing environment for artists, songwriters, and the people behind the music, every stage of their career. We strive to set WMG apart from the rest of the industry by embracing a philosophy of innovation that is part of our company's DNA.
Consider a career at WMG and be a part of one of the biggest forces in music today.
Love this job and want to apply?
Click the ''Apply'' link at the top of the page, or apply directly with your LinkedIn. Applying with LinkedIn will import all of the information you put in your profile, but will still allow you to upload a resume and cover letter.
Don't be discouraged if you don't hear from us right away. We're taking our time to review all resumes, and to find the best people for WMG.
Thanks for your interest in working for Warner Music Group. We love it here, and think you will too.
Warner Music Group is an equal opportunity employer. We enthusiastically accept our responsibility to make employment decisions without regard to race, religious creed, color, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, ancestry, marital status, medical condition as defined by state law (genetic characteristics or cancer), physical or mental disability, military service or veteran status, pregnancy, childbirth and related medical conditions, genetic information or any other classification protected by applicable federal, state or local laws or ordinances.
Copyright © 2018 Warner Music Inc.