Regional Manager, Radio & Streaming
Warner Music GroupNashville, TN
Full Time Job
At Warner Music Group we're all about our people. Our global company is made up of knowledgeable, passionate, and creative individuals. Our commitment to Diversity, Equity and Inclusion fosters a culture where you can truly belong, contribute, and grow. We believe in each individual's value and encourage applications from people of any age, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, religion, ethnicity, disability, veteran status, and any other characteristic or identity.
It is the mission of every member of the WMG team around the world to create a nurturing environment for artists, songwriters, and the people behind the music – at every stage of their career. We strive to set WMG apart by embracing innovation – an integral part of our company's DNA.
Consider a career at WMG and be a part of one of the most influential forces in culture today.
Regional Manager, Radio & Streaming
Why this could be your next big break:
Under general supervision, with latitude for independent judgment and decision, the Regional Radio & Streaming Manager is responsible for working with country music radio station programmers in a specified regions of the US to seek and secure airplay, increase spins, and provide promotional opportunities for WMN artist releases. The Regional Radio & Streaming Manager explores and exploits all avenues in the market region via radio to contribute to the priorities and goals of the department.
Here you'll get to:
• Secure and maintain airplay on radio stations in assigned market.
• Identify, foster, and maintain strong working relationship with radio station programmers in specified region to acquire airplay for WMN artists.
• Maximize airplay and implement creative and innovative promotional opportunities to achieve a record's greatest chart potential and audience impact.
• Monitor e-mail and voice mail and respond in a timely manner to radio & media personnel as well as national staff inquiries involving artist or song activity in the market.
• Contact stations on a weekly basis.
• Promote new and current singles through radio station contacts and relationship building according to WMN priorities
• Implement on air promotions for WMN artists
• Devise promotion plays for region to expose acts outside of radio airplay.
• Act as liaison with stations for local contests and promotions.
• Generate weekly tracking logs to be submitted to head of department.
• Travel with artists on promo tours as directed.
• Handle and safeguard confidential and proprietary information.
• Must be able to effectively communicate internally and/or externally in a manner consistent with the company's Code of Conduct and core values.
• Must be able to come to work on time without restriction as to time commitment.
• Must be able to read and understand materials and documents and have the ability to recognize and extract critical data and information.
• Must be able to perform all diverse physical tasks necessary to complete all the essential duties and responsibilities of the position.
• Must be able to work at and utilize all necessary functions of a computer in order to complete all the essential duties and responsibilities of the position.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The criteria listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, experience and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. Qualifications include but are not limited to:
• Minimum 2 years experience; Radio, Promotion, Marketing and/or sales background a plus
• Must hold a college degree or equivalent career experience
• Must be able to travel extensively.
• Must have general computer skills and a working knowledge of Microsoft Office and have knowledge of general business practices
• Possess a strong work ethic, strong organization skills and pay high attention to detail
• Strong communication skills (written and verbal)
• Ability to adhere to deadlines and execute on tasks and handle multiple, diverse assignments
• Strong time management skills and posses the ability to work well in team
• Demonstrate ability to be innovative and suggest change/improvements within scope of work
• Be able to anticipate needs and create efficient and effective processes
• Be a self-starter, self motivated and take responsibility/ownership of tasks
• Have the ability to think outside the box proactively, strategically and analytically
• Consistently take initiative and able to demonstrate flexibility and adaptability to changing situations.
• Have strong skills in building and maintaining relationships; must have great negotiation and persuasion skills. Must possess vast knowledge of country radio, country artists, and their music.
With its broad and diverse roster of new stars and legendary artists, Warner Music Group is home to a collection of the best-known record labels in the music industry including Asylum, Atlantic, East West, Elektra, FFRR, Fueled by Ramen, Nonesuch, Parlophone, Rhino, Roadrunner, Sire, Warner Records, Warner Classics and Warner Chappell Music, one of the world's leading music publishers with a catalogue of more than one million copyrights worldwide.
For more than four decades, WMG has been an industry-leading force in providing a world-class array of services designed to help artists and labels grow their careers and their businesses. Artist & Label Services is the umbrella for WEA (Warner-Elektra-Atlantic) – the pioneering WEA distribution and marketing network – and Alternative Distribution Alliance (ADA) – the ground-breaking global distribution company for independent artists and labels.
Love this job and want to apply?
Click the ''Apply'' link at the top of the page, or apply directly with your LinkedIn. Applying with LinkedIn will import all of the information you put in your profile, but will still allow you to upload a resume and cover letter.
Don't be discouraged if you don't hear from us right away. We're taking our time to review all resumes, and to find the best people for WMG.
Thanks for your interest in working for WMG. We love it here, and think you will, too.
WMG is committed to inclusion and diversity in all aspects of our business. We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and will evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, religious creed, color, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, ancestry, marital status, medical condition as defined by state law (genetic characteristics or cancer), physical or mental disability, military service or veteran status, pregnancy, childbirth and related medical conditions, genetic information or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state or local law.
Copyright © 2021 Warner Music Inc.