Warner Music GroupToronto, ON
Full Time Job
We are Warner Music Group, home to a broad roster of new stars and legendary artists through a collection of the best-known record labels in the music industry including Asylum, Atlantic, Big Beat, Canvasback, East West, Elektra, Erato, FFRR, Fueled by Ramen, Nonesuch, Parlophone, Reprise, Rhino, Roadrunner, Sire, Spinnin', Warner Bros., Warner Classics, and Warner Music Nashville, as well as Warner/Chappell Music, one of the world's leading music publishers, with a catalog of more than one million copyrights worldwide.
We currently have a fantastic opportunity to join our innovative and highly sought-after Publicity team.
A little bit about our team:
Warner Music Canada is home to some of the most influential and innovative artists of our time. Our extraordinary roster of new and established recording artists is unparalleled, and our collective influence on music culture is without precedent. With a visionary approach toward discovering and nurturing musical talent, the Warner Music Canada family of labels is currently home to an impressive generation of major artists.
As a member of the Publicity team, you will be responsible for working with artists on WMG's worldwide roster scheduling press interviews, and promo trips. In addition to this, you will be working with all arms of the marketing department to structure a publicity and promotion plan that compliments the overall goals of each project, spanning across multiple genres. You will bring a thorough understanding and passion for various forms of Hip Hop and R&B music, events and culture.
The successful candidate is a collaborative team player. They are passionate about music, determined to succeed, and exhibit an intuition toward creative promotion and marketing plans.
Here you'll be able to:
• Work closely with marketing and content creation teams to develop and execute publicity plans, assets for artists and the company to enhance marketing objectives
• Build, cultivate and manage relationships with Canadian Media, with a strong focus on digital/online, including editors, influencers, and other decision makers relevant to artists. Examples include:
• Music enthusiast sites (Canadian and International)
• Entertainment, pop culture, and music blogs
• Television Station and program websites (when artists make appearances)
• Newspaper and magazine websites
• Podcasters / YouTubers / Content Creators / Influencers
• Manage and build strong relationships with artists and their teams to propose strategic marketing/publicity for domestic artists
• Accompany artists to media interviews, coordinating logistics
• Liaise with international territories on artist availabilities and scheduling
• Direct / liaise with national branch staff on coordinating and executing publicity schedules
• Arrange all details for artist's promotion trips (travel, hotel, per diems, immigration letters)
• Work closely with content creation team to help produce social media content with artists
• Write, edit and distribute press releases, bios, media alerts, press kit contents, pitch letters, digital content (socials and podcasts), and other materials
• Maintain communication lists and current artist assets
• Distribute music for review to media and internally
• Analyze and measure results of PR programs and provide relevant data and reporting to management team
• Help manage, organize, and attend various events and award shows
It would be music to our ears if you had:
• Post-Secondary diploma or degree in a related field
• 3 – 4 years' relevant industry experience
• Strong knowledge of all music genres, with a special focus on Hip Hop and R&B
• Self-motivated and ability to work independently as well as in a team
• Excellent communication (written and verbal) skills
• Practical understanding of various media outlets (web, radio, TV, and print)
• An understanding of social media and its applications
• Strong organizational skills. Able to plan and manage multiple projects
• Strong problem-solving skills
• Ability to calmly manage crisis situations
• Creative understanding of promotion and marketing plans
Why join us?
Warner Music Group is all about our people. We are one global company made up of the most knowledgeable, passionate, and creative people in our business.
It is the mission of every member of the WMG team around the world to create a nurturing environment for artists, songwriters, and the people behind the music, at every stage of their career. We strive to set WMG apart from the rest of the industry by embracing a philosophy of innovation that is part of our company's DNA.
Consider a career at WMG and be a part of one of the biggest forces in music today.