Warner Music GroupNew York, NY
Full Time Job
We are Warner Music Group, home to a broad roster of new stars and legendary artists through a collection of the best-known record labels in the music industry including Asylum, Atlantic, Big Beat, Canvasback, East West, Elektra, Erato, FFRR, Fueled by Ramen, Nonesuch, Parlophone, Reprise, Rhino, Roadrunner, Sire, Spinnin', Warner Records, Warner Classics, and Warner Music Nashville, as well as Warner Chappell Music, one of the world's leading music publishers, with a catalog of more than one million copyrights worldwide.
For more than four decades, WMG has been an industry-leading force in providing a world-class array of services designed to help artists and labels grow their careers and their businesses. Artist & Label Services is the umbrella for WEA (Warner-Elektra-Atlantic) – the pioneering WEA distribution and marketing network – and Alternative Distribution Alliance (ADA) – the groundbreaking global distribution company for independent artists and labels.
A little bit about our team:
Digital Operations is a cross-functional team that sits at the center of Warner Music Group within the Artist Services division. We build fan-focused and data-driven ecommerce stores and websites that deliver our artists' content to millions of fans around the world. We're the backbone of the marketing and ecommerce teams -- providing program and project management, production services, and full stack enterprise solutions while maintaining operational efficiency and scalability.
Why this could be your next big break:
The Project Manager is a key part of the team and is responsible for leading, documenting, and managing complex and high-profile projects and creative campaigns across various channels. You will manage campaigns that will reach millions of music fans around the world and contribute to the success of some of the best and biggest artists. You'll work with a talented and data driven team of Project Managers, Digital Designers, UX Designers, Developers, CRM Managers, Email Production Specialists, and Digital Marketers. If you love music, technology, and the internet, this job is for you.
Here you'll get to:
• You will work with and manage a project team to understand scope and requirements; review assets, timelines, guidelines, activities, and documentation.
• You will monitor timelines and progress of projects to ensure efficient, on-time delivery of work while being able to assess and address any issues or concerns that may impact the success of the project.
• You will regularly and effectively communicate to cross-functional team members about project status.
• You will work with developers and engineers to assess, document, and resolve any technical challenges affecting websites or web stores.
• You will develop workflows to increase throughput and operational efficiency.
• You will gather development/design requirements and manage scope creep through change control, phased delivery or other methods to ensure projects deliver on time and on budget.
• You will delegate and prioritize tasks and responsibilities to development team.
• You will understand the user experience in each project and ensure the fan journey is seamless.
• You will ensure that projects and campaigns are in full compliance with all company policies and standards.
Rockstar candidates have:
• You have 4 years of Project Management experience.
• You have a strong understanding of various Project Management methods: Agile, Lean, Kanban, and Waterfall.
• You have experience running scrum, sprint planning, sprint review, and sprint retrospective meetings.
• You have expert knowledge of project management tools (JIRA, Confluence, Gantt Charts).
• You have developed and written comprehensive project plans, production schedules, budget estimates and similar project artifacts.
• You have an understanding of creative and development processes
• You have excellent organizational and prioritization skills with ability to initiate and drive improvements.
• You have proven ability to motivate, support, and collaborate with various teams. You can easily work with everyone from digital designers to web developers to digital marketers.
• You have experience in excelling within fast-paced, high output environments.
• You have the ability to execute and manage multiple projects simultaneously with tight deadlines.
• You have excellent written and verbal communication, including strong editing, grammar, and proofreading skills.
• You have a keen sense of urgency and strong follow-up skills.
• You have experience using a content management system (CMS), such as Drupal or Wordpress
It would be music to our ears if you also had:
• 3 – 5 years related experience in a digital, media, or software development organization
• Experience administering JIRA
• Bachelor's Degree preferred
Why join us?
Warner Music Group is all about our people. We are one global company made up of the most knowledgeable, passionate, and creative people in our business. It is the mission of every member of the WMG team around the world to create a nurturing environment for artists, songwriters, and the people behind the music, every stage of their career. We strive to set WMG apart from the rest of the industry by embracing a philosophy of innovation that is part of our company's DNA.
Consider a career at WMG and be a part of one of the biggest forces in music today.
Love this job and want to apply?
Click the ''Apply'' link at the top of the page, or apply directly with your LinkedIn. Applying with LinkedIn will import all of the information you put in your profile, but will still allow you to upload a resume and cover letter.
Don't be discouraged if you don't hear from us right away. We're taking our time to review all resumes, and to find the best people for WMG.
Thanks for your interest in working for Warner Music Group. We love it here, and think you will too.
We are an equal opportunity employer that is committed to inclusion and diversity and will not discriminate against an applicant or employee on the basis of age, sex, sexual orientation, race, color, creed, religion, ethnicity, national origin, alienage or citizenship, disability, marital status, familial status, military or veteran status, or any other legal recognized protected basis under federal, state or local laws, regulations or ordinances.
We are committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation because of a disability for any part of the application or employment process, please send an e-mail to Recruitment@wmg.com and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information.
Copyright © 2019 Warner Music Inc.