Project Coordinator, Covid Compliance - Temp
Warner Music GroupLos Angeles, CA
Full Time Job
With its broad and diverse roster of new stars and legendary artists, Warner Music Group is home to a collection of the best-known record labels in the music industry including Asylum, Atlantic, East West, Elektra, FFRR, Fueled by Ramen, Nonesuch, Parlophone, Rhino, Roadrunner, Sire, Warner Bros., Warner Classics and Warner Chappell Music, one of the world's leading music publishers with a catalogue of more than one million copyrights worldwide.
For more than four decades, WMG has been an industry-leading force in providing a world-class array of services designed to help artists and labels grow their careers and their businesses. Artist & Label Services is the umbrella for WEA (Warner-Elektra-Atlantic) – the pioneering WEA distribution and marketing network – and Alternative Distribution Alliance (ADA) – the ground-breaking global distribution company for independent artists and labels.
Project Coordinator, COVID Compliance (Temp)
A little bit about our team:
Our labels and publishing teams are the heart of our business, and are razor focused on creating and distributing new creative content to keep our frontline revenue streams alive. Across our recorded music business, we continue to organize shoots (photography, video etc.) and studio activities, and across publishing our teams continue to serve our songwriter community in our writer rooms. Together, our business continues to deliver a pipeline of new content, songs and recorded music to inspire people all over the world.
Why this could be your next big break:
Since COVID-19 hit, we've successfully secured Studio and Production space across the US, operating agreed protocols and putting into practice our toolkit to ensure COVID compliance. The burden of effort is heavy on our frontline creative and corporate teams, and we are now looking for a strong Project Coordinator to come in and coordinate our activities across the US market and ensure our creative production activities continue to be COVID secure and compliant within the ever-changing external environment.
Here you'll get to:
• Build strong relationships with labels and publishing teams to oversee the production and studio schedules, maintaining an event calendar and responding to COVID needs
• Own and maintain our Studio and Production toolkits to ensure clear guidance, protocols and instructions in line with current regulatory needs
• Serve as a resource to the label and publishing teams for questions or concerns regarding COVID-19
• Perform training on COVID-19 protocols & safe work practices
• Coordinate a network of external COVID Compliance Officers who can be sourced and onboarded quickly for freelance gigs to support production and studio activity
• In partnership with the frontline teams, Facilities, Legal and Benefits team, establish an agreed community of vendors that can be leveraged to ensure COVID compliance across services such as PPE, temperature checking, air filtration etc.
• Be the respected authority and organizational expert for on-set protocols relating to COVID-19 and provide tools and resources for COVID Compliance Officers
• Report issues and risks to business leadership, flagging opportunities for mitigation and action to ensure the wellbeing and safety of our people
• Research the local ordinances and provide guidance as to local specific protocols such as whether a shoot is permitted, maximum numbers and permits required
• Coordinate with external parties, such as landlords where we don't own the facility, on ensuring COVID compliance
• Partner with talent and development teams to build digital learning solutions that ensure the right training is delivered to ensure COVID compliance
• Monitor controls to ensure WMG standards are met
• Provide transparency of budgetary impacts of ensuring COVID secure measures are in place, helping labels and publishing teams to
• Explore with other WMG teams, ways to mitigate risk, such as ensuring production companies own the COVID protocols and liabilities operationally and contractually
• Encourage frontline teams to use existing WMG COVID-secure premises (eg Uproxx facility in Los Angeles) and writer rooms for production/song writing.
What we're looking for:
• Prior experience as a production crew member within entertainment (eg film, commercial, music video, live events, photo shoots etc.)
• Certified Health Education Services COVID-19 Compliance Officer (C19CO) (or similar)
• Excellent project management/coordination/organizational skills
• Commitment to maintaining knowledge of changing COVID requirements
• Strong relationship builder with an ability to engage with creative talent and crew members, asserting authority where appropriate and in the right way
• Calm under pressure and a rational thinker who responds quickly to complex and urgent situations, maintaining order and control in a crisis
• Numerate and budget savvy with good negotiation skills for getting value from vendors
• Well networked in the industry with great resourcing skills to bring in freelance COVID-19 Compliance Officers as needed
• IT literate to support core needs of the role.
It would be music to our ears if you also had:
• Prior experience of working with artists, songwriters and their entourage
Why join us?
Here at Warner Music Group we're all about our people. We are one global company made up exclusively of knowledgeable, passionate, and creative people.
It is the mission of every member of the WMG team around the world to create a nurturing environment for artists, songwriters, and the people behind the music - at every stage of their career. We strive to set WMG apart by embracing a philosophy of innovation – it's part of our company's DNA.
Consider a career at WMG and be a part of one of the most influential forces in culture today.
Love this job and want to apply?
Click the ''Apply'' link at the top of the page, or apply directly with your LinkedIn. Applying with LinkedIn will import all of the information you put in your profile, but will still allow you to upload a resume and cover letter.
Don't be discouraged if you don't hear from us right away. We're taking our time to review all resumes, and to find the best people for WMG.
Thanks for your interest in working for WMG. We love it here, and think you will, too.
WMG is committed to inclusion and diversity in all aspects of our business. We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and will evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, religious creed, color, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, ancestry, marital status, medical condition as defined by state law (genetic characteristics or cancer), physical or mental disability, military service or veteran status, pregnancy, childbirth and related medical conditions, genetic information or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state or local law.
Copyright © 2021 Warner Music Inc.