Production Manager, Content Development & Operations New York Or LA Based
Warner Music GroupNew York, NY
Full Time Job
Production Manager, Content Development & Operations [New York or LA Based]
With a legacy extending back over 200 years, Warner Music Group (WMG) today brings together artists, songwriters and entrepreneurs that are moving entertainment culture across the globe. Operating in more than 70 countries through a network of affiliates and licensees, WMG's Recorded Music division includes renowned labels such as Asylum, Atlantic, Big Beat, Canvasback, Elektra, Erato, First Night, Fueled by Ramen, Nonesuch, Parlophone, Reprise, Rhino, Roadrunner, Sire, Spinnin', Warner Records, Warner Classics and Warner Music Nashville. WMG's music publishing arm, Warner Chappell Music, has a catalog of more than 1.4 million musical compositions spanning every musical genre, from the standards of the Great American Songbook to the biggest hits of the 21st century. Warner Music Group is also home to WEA (Warner-Elektra-Atlantic), the pioneering distribution and marketing network, and ADA, the independent artist and label services company, as well as consumer brands such as Songkick the live music app, EMP the merchandise e-tailer, and UPROXX the youth culture destination.
We currently have a fantastic opportunity to join our innovative and highly sought-after Arts Music team.
Production Manager, Content Development & Operations
A little bit about our team:
Work with the small but mighty Arts Music team to create music products that serve passionate niche audiences ranging from musical theater and Broadway, to jazz, classical, and kids & family brands.
Why this could be your next big break:
In collaboration with the SVP, Content Development & Curation, your role will be to facilitate, communicate, and deliver necessary project elements for digital and physical releases to the proper internal and external departments and contacts. This is your chance to become a lynchpin in the daily production and product-creation process for a growing division of WMG.
Here you'll get to:
• Create label copy and keep track of all the integral details that create metadata.
• Drive the day-to-day processes involved in delivery of artwork, audio, tracklists, and recording information, from outside vendors and contacts.
• Interact with label scheduling and operations teams to ensure product set-up.
• Understand the elements of metadata and ensure those elements are collected and organized for music products.
• Learn all the acronyms. Many, many acronyms.
• Learn internal system operations and interact with the team members who supervise them, and learn even more acronyms.
• Grow your skillset. You may have strong skills with artwork, but need to learn more about audio files; or, you may have excellent understanding of audio files, but need to deepen your understanding of artwork specifications.
Rockstar candidates will be able to:
• Pay attention to details and recognize when a problem needs to be solved.
• Be curious and willing to learn the music business.
• Be persistent about finding the person who will help you do what needs to be done.
• Learn new skills, technology, terminology, and processes.
• Work with a variety of people internally and externally who may know more than you – or may know less than you.
• Possess a ''customer service'' attitude while managing a variety of deadlines.
• Organize without people telling you to get organized… love organizing… stay organized.
• Avoid (and hate) making mistakes, but appreciate mistakes as an opportunity to learn, improve, and grow.
It would be music to our ears if you also had:
• Experience managing and meeting deadlines.
• Experience following, creating, or maintaining a production schedule.
• Experience following, creating, or maintaining a production process.
• Experience with Microsoft Office.
• Experience with Adobe Creative Cloud applications: a little bit of Photoshop? a dash of InDesign? Some PowerPoint?
• You're not afraid of these phrases: ''The fonts are missing.'' ''Do you have WAV files?'' ''Can you send me a link?'' and the most important of all ''What's the deadline?''
• You stream music and you've at least seen or heard about CDs and Vinyl.
Why join us?
Warner Music Group is all about our people. We are one global company made up of the most knowledgeable, passionate, and creative people in our business.
It is the mission of every member of the WMG team around the world to create a nurturing environment for artists, songwriters, and the people behind the music, every stage of their career. We strive to set WMG apart from the rest of the industry by embracing a philosophy of innovation that is part of our company's DNA.
Consider a career at WMG and be a part of one of the biggest forces in music today.
Love this job and want to apply?
Click the ''Apply'' link or apply directly with your LinkedIn. Applying with LinkedIn will import all of the information you put in your profile, but will still allow you to upload a resume and cover letter.
Don't be discouraged if you don't hear from us right away. We're taking our time to review all resumes, and to find the best people for WMG.
Thanks for your interest in working for Warner Music Group. We love it here, and think you will too.
We are an equal opportunity employer that is committed to inclusion and diversity and will not discriminate against an applicant or employee on the basis of age, sex, sexual orientation, race, color, creed, religion, ethnicity, national origin, alienage or citizenship, disability, marital status, familial status, military or veteran status, or any other legal recognized protected basis under federal, state or local laws, regulations or ordinances.
We are committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation because of a disability for any part of the application or employment process, please send an e-mail to Recruitment@wmg.com and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information.
Copyright © 2019 Warner Music Inc.