Warner Music GroupNew York, NY
Full Time Job
WMG's top priority is the safety and wellbeing of its team members, artists and songwriters across the globe. In response to COVID-19, WMG is fully committed to helping its people balance their home and life commitments with flexible working options, virtual wellness sessions, and more. WMG strives to maintain a COVID-free workplace. To that end, being fully vaccinated against COVID-19 is a condition of employment for all US new employees, prior to the commencement of employment. If you are hired, you will be required to provide proof of your vaccination as part of your new employee onboarding process, subject to our legal obligation to make reasonable accommodations in certain limited circumstances.
At Warner Music Group we're all about our people. Our global company is made up of knowledgeable, passionate, and creative individuals. Our commitment to Diversity, Equity and Inclusion fosters a culture where you can truly belong, contribute, and grow. We believe in each individual's value and encourage applications from people of any age, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, religion, ethnicity, disability, veteran status, and any other characteristic or identity.
It is the mission of every member of the WMG team around the world to create a nurturing environment for artists, songwriters, and the people behind the music – at every stage of their career. We strive to set WMG apart by embracing innovation – an integral part of our company's DNA.
Consider a career at WMG and be a part of one of the most influential forces in culture today.
A little bit about our team:
The Warner Music Artist & Fan Experiences Group functions as a centralized, in-house creative agency for the Warner Recorded Music roster as well as for third party artists who need our expertise. This team is responsible for the development of programs to grow 1) fan engagement across digital, social, gaming and emerging platforms, cultural resonance, and 3) revenue and market share for artists. This happens through merchandising, ticketing, subscriptions, content, collaborations, and more. Turning label and artist goals into ''must-have'' experiences for fans.
Warner Music Artist & Fan Experiences is a global team with a simple ethos: put the Artist at the center. Our team is made up of marketers, strategists, graphic designers, and engineers. We are creative and detail-obsessed. Above all, we are music fans - unabashed, enthusiastic music fans. We are passionate champions of our artists, and we work tirelessly to deliver for them every album cycle, every tour, every day.
We are flexible, agile and strategic. Our global sales and marketing teams provide a broad suite of expert commercial and marketing knowledge. We utilize the latest digital marketing technology, develop infrastructure and execute strategy through consumer analytics, email marketing and CRM expertise that turns the artist goals into memorable experiences for fans.
Why this could be your next big break:
The Production Director leads projects designed to build artists brands and grow their business in the marketplace across merchandise, ticketing, content, collaborations and more. This is a project management role focused on innovation, inspired by music and style trends. The Production Director is the primary project manager responsible for the successful execution of the program. This role serves as the operational liaison for the SVP and other team members across the assigned roster. This role will ensure effective execution across all go to market plans and experiences that ultimately generate revenue, fan engagement, earned media throughout the entire lifecycle of an artist's projects. You will collaborate with the entire team supporting that artist -- Product Managers, Business Affairs, Marketers, A&R to ensure all standards and timelines are met. You will also, as needed, work closely with the Artist and their representation, Managers, Agents, Lawyers as the gatekeeper of all approvals throughout execution and that all their needs are met without sacrificing business goals. Ultimately, you will be laying the tracks to keep the train going for all aspects of the artist brand as it relates to WEA and all its operations.
Here you'll get to:
• Support SVP in taking to market all plans that drive fan engagement, earned media, and incremental revenue – this includes everything from merchandise offering to original content and CRM campaigns
• Serve as the project manager for the successful execution of marketing plans as well as support for the day to day operations and management of an artist's brand on behalf of WEA
• Manage resourcing allocations, reports/notes, workflows and expenses as it relates to overall campaign
• Review and assess weekly financial reports to ensure budget goals are met
• Ensure that all aspects of a campaign are signed off on by all necessary parties and delivered to standard and goal
• Work cross-functionally to ensure projects are completed on time to and to the highest quality and expectations
• Achieve a strong knowledge of the back-end operations of broader WEA and establish strong relationships internally – production, sourcing, e-commerce, retail, finance - to deliver on business and financial needs
• Establish a deep relationship with artist management teams to ensure clear paths of communication and commitment to success
• Problem solve, influence and campaign to secure approvals for all aspects of developed strategy
• Gather results and deliver post-mortem analyses of executed campaigns
• Foster close, positive relationships with all stakeholders, internally and externally including Label and WEA counterparts and Artists and Artist management
• You are a motivated team player
• You have demonstrated project management, merchandise management or business operations experience
• As a fan yourself, you have a deep understanding of fans and shaping culture
• You are passionate about music and have experience working with talent
• You are able to provide as well as receive feedback and direction
• You are a quick thinker and able to problem solve on the fly
• You have past experience that exhibits your independent thinking, high personal standards, creative eye, and ability to work on a cross-functional team
• You are a strategic and creative thinker who is able to connect dots to create the bigger picture
• You have strong leadership, relationship building & problem-solving skills
• You are an effective communicator who can convey information efficiently at various levels of leadership and cross departmentally
• You have excellent time management, follow-up, and organizational skills with ability to prioritize workload, and a strong attention to detail.
• You are self-motivated, able to work independently and efficiently to meet deadlines.
• You enjoy working in a fast paced, dynamic environment and embrace change
• You are results oriented and focused on outcomes
• You understand the importance of details when telling a story
It would be music to our ears if you also had:
• 5+ years of project management, account management, merchandise management at an agency or in the music/entertainment industry
• 5+ years of demonstrated experience working cross-functionally within a larger team
• Knowledge of effective project management tools and systems
• Bachelor's degree in related field, from an acc