Product Director, Consumer Intelligence Platform
Warner Music GroupNew York, NY
Full Time Job
WMG's top priority is the safety and wellbeing of its team members, artists and songwriters across the globe. In response to COVID-19, WMG is fully committed to helping its people balance their home and life commitments with flexible working options, virtual wellness sessions, and more. WMG strives to maintain a COVID-free workplace. To that end, being fully vaccinated against COVID-19 is a condition of employment for all US new employees, prior to the commencement of employment. If you are hired, you will be required to provide proof of your vaccination as part of your new employee onboarding process, subject to our legal obligation to make reasonable accommodations in certain limited circumstances.
At Warner Music Group we're all about our people. Our global company is made up of knowledgeable, passionate, and creative individuals. Our commitment to Diversity, Equity and Inclusion fosters a culture where you can truly belong, contribute, and grow. We believe in each individual's value and encourage applications from people of any age, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, religion, ethnicity, disability, veteran status, and any other characteristic or identity.
It is the mission of every member of the WMG team around the world to create a nurturing environment for artists, songwriters, and the people behind the music – at every stage of their career. We strive to set WMG apart by embracing innovation – an integral part of our company's DNA.
Consider a career at WMG and be a part of one of the most influential forces in culture today.
A little bit about our team:
The Global Audience Strategy & Insights team sits at the center of Warner Music Group, guiding and supporting our front line labels and territory teams in their mission to bring our artists' music to fans around the world. We are champions of the fan experience who use data, technology, and empathy to develop long term relationships between consumers and WMG artists and brands. The team provides strategic and operational support through marketing technology, fan-level analytical insight, and campaign planning across multiple channels.
The Audiences Product group drives WMG's consumer marketing technology road map and day-to-day platform management across verticals of E-mail, Automation, Data, APIs, Social Commerce, Mobile, Ad-Tech, and Web. Hundreds of marketers managing over a thousand brands reaching over 100 million fans use our tools every day.
Why this could be your next big break:
You will work with business stakeholders, analysts and software/ data engineers to identify, scope, and drive our consumer marketing platforms development and day to day management, leveraging data, technology, personalization and automation opportunities to empower hundreds of marketers to better understand and reach millions of music fans all over the world and support world class artists and brands. You will also work with global partners across many functions and have a voice on ways to engage fans, brainstorm marketing strategy, adopt new technologies and be able to 'look under the hood' as you're improving the 'engine' that powers artist to fan connections.
Here you'll get to:
• Build class-leading solutions that help drive large scale intelligence, engagement, and integration across our consumer marketing programs and products
• Develop requirements and acceptance criteria into product backlog, refine and prioritize tasks
• Participate and guide development sprints, demos, retrospectives, release and deployment
• Scope, implement, optimize and scale usage of audience selection and syndication tool
• Empower creation and publishing of segments based on stakeholder needs and business goals
• Work with stakeholders around the organization to collect user feedback and communicate progress
• Help define and implement taxonomy and process for new data sources and audience segments
• Own road maps, timelines and adoption for products in your stream while launching and testing new tools
• Collaborate with development, UX, data science, engineering, campaign management, eCommerce & analytics teams to create engaging connections between fans and WMG artists or brands
• Provide roll out support, training, best practices, efficiency and QA of product features
• College Degree preferred
• Minimum eight (8) years of progressively more advanced experience in digital marketing, advertising, audience engagement and product management, including working in large scale/distributed and global environments.
• Translate business requirements, consumer and stakeholder feedback into tangible products with measurable business impact
• Excel at operating at the 10,000 foot strategic level while diving into the data and details
• Familiar with consumer data sources and platforms and various methods they integrate
• Continually work to streamline processes and find efficiencies in the day-to-day work processes.
• Experience building road maps, defining stories and or working within a product team
• Hands-on experience with SQL, email marketing, customer journeys/automations, web analytics, social advertising, APIs, and database concepts
It would be music to our ears if you also had:
• Superior critical thinking, attention to detail, initiative approach, and problem-solving abilities
• Ability to work effectively and articulate ideas within cross-functional business and technical teams
• Proficiencies with Agile methodologies – such as Scrum and Kanban
• Familiarity with marketing and insights tools such as Salesforce marketing cloud, Jira, snowflake, CDPs, Adobe Analytics, DMPs and Looker
• Knowledge of regulatory requirements (e.g., privacy regulations, CAN-SPAM, data governance)
• Working knowledge of media industry, and from B2C marketing perspective
• Customer-focused, action-oriented, driven to achieve tangible results and deliver on commits
• Able to quickly learn new technologies as they become prevalent and widely implemented
• You can bring some of your fan experience into our strategy and experience creation
With its broad and diverse roster of new stars and legendary artists, Warner Music Group is home to a collection of the best-known record labels in the music industry including Asylum, Atlantic, East West, Elektra, FFRR, Fueled by Ramen, Nonesuch, Parlophone, Rhino, Roadrunner, Sire, Warner Records, Warner Classics and Warner Chappell Music, one of the world's leading music publishers with a catalogue of more than one million copyrights worldwide.
For more than four decades, WMG has been an industry-leading force in providing a world-class array of services designed to help artists and labels grow their careers and their businesses. Artist & Label Services is the umbrella for WEA (Warner-Elektra-Atlantic) – the pioneering WEA distribution and marketing network – and Alternative Distribution Alliance (ADA) – the ground-breaking global distribution company for independent artists and labels. As well as consumer brands such as Songkick the live music app, EMP the merchandise e-tailer, and UPROXX the youth culture destination.
Love this job and want to apply?
Click the ''Apply'' link at the top of the page, or apply directly with your LinkedIn. Applying with LinkedIn will import all of the information you put in your profile, but will still allow you to upload a resume and cover letter.
Don't be disco