Process Specialist-Record To Report
Warner Music GroupNew York, NY
Full Time Job
Process Specialist-Record to Report
Job Title: RTR - Process Owner
A little bit about our team:
The Finance Transformation team is a group of professionals across the WMG organization brought together to re-imagine our processes and systems to establish more standardized and efficient ways of working that will drive WMG's growth and business aspirations.
Why this could be your next big break:
The RTR Process Lead holds a global remit and is responsible for defining the future state RTR processes and the measures that are aligned with the org. strategies, country specific knowledge and requirements. This process lead will strive to capture opportunities, reviewing existing and best practice workflow, tools and data. The role moves through design, architect, implementation, go-live and the steady state with an ongoing focus on continuous improvement and integration of finance process into the overall WMG landscape
Here you'll get to:
• Report to global process owner
• Support the transformation team by leading cross-functional and virtual teams in the review, design, development and implementation of global processes and procedures including period-end close, balance sheet reconciliations, reporting (statutory and management), project accounting, fixed assets, tax, treasury and internal controls.
• Lead process meetings with internal SMRs and third party vendors through design, implementation and go-live
• Leverage RTR and industry process and systems knowledge/experience to implement standardization of global, regional and/or local processes, challenging the status quo whilst taking input from SMRs and program partners to understand required localizations
• Lead the design, documentation and ongoing socialization of processes.
• Obtain buy-in to the Finance Transformation from key WMG stakeholders across the globe by credibly communicating deep operating process and systems knowledge and an appreciation of the impact at a local level
• Attend and/or present in update meetings as required for key decision/issue/risk points.
• Work with stakeholders to ensure Product / Policy / Process / Procedure / System decisions take account of territory variances and business needs
• Partner with IT to identify integration points between existing systems and processes
• Partner with people and change management resources to develop job aids, communications and training approaches to embed new ways of working and systems training for the RTR area
• Act as a spokesperson across the WMG organization for the benefits delivered by the Finance Transformation
• Represents the RTR Business Process at individual Fit/Gap sessions in markets in order to ensure all business requirements are considered (and documented via User Requirements specification). At the same time ensures that any business needs driving a requirement for customization are strongly challenged and options for process redesign are considered. Where customizations are needed ensures the justification is documented and change progressed via governance model in place.
• Updates relevant RTR documentation based on changes to global template (including SOPs, User Guides, training materials)
• Participates at preparation of the RTR training materials.
• Responsible for the resolution/review of RTR issues, risks and business impacts for the owned process
• Proactively and on on-going basis identifies internal and external RTR best practices that will enable improvement of the standard end-to-end process
• Submit work stream reports for review weekly
Rockstar candidates will be able to:
• Bachelor's degree from four-year college or university in either Business, Finance, Business Information Systems, Management Science or the appropriate experience may also be considered
• 10 years' experience focusing on RTR, or related experience
• Strong Finance process and systems knowledge, preferably within a music industry context.
• Facilitative style, with prior experience of leading workshops and engaging stakeholders through a series of approaches that require a targeted level of consensus
• Relevant operational RTR experience overseeing period-end close, balance sheet reconciliations, reporting (statutory and management), project accounting, fixed assets, tax, treasury and internal controls.
• Technically savvy with a robust change management skillset
• Exemplary stakeholder engagement and management skills internationally and within complex, multi-faceted organizations
• Strong analytical skills and ability to perform complex analysis and reconciliations.
• Ability to develop, articulate and build support around a long term vision and implement incremental milestones in support of that vision
• Team player who can cooperate/collaborate with varied business units to effectively implement the transformation initiatives
It would be music to our ears if you also had:
• Transformational leadership experience
• Media or entertainment experience preferred
Why join us?
Warner Music Group is all about our people. We are one global company made up of the most knowledgeable, passionate, and creative people in our business.
It is the mission of every member of the WMG team around the world to create a nurturing environment for artists, songwriters, and the people behind the music, every stage of their career. We strive to set WMG apart from the rest of the industry by embracing a philosophy of innovation that is part of our company's DNA.
Consider a career at WMG and be a part of one of the biggest forces in music today.
Love this job and want to apply?
Click the ''Apply'' link at the top of the page, or apply directly with your LinkedIn. Applying with LinkedIn will import all of the information you put in your profile, but will still allow you to upload a resume and cover letter.
Don't be discouraged if you don't hear from us right away. We're taking our time to review all resumes, and to find the best people for WMG.
Thanks for your interest in working for Warner Music Group. We love it here, and think you will too.
Warner Music Group is an equal opportunity employer. We enthusiastically accept our responsibility to make employment decisions without regard to race, religious creed, color, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, ancestry, marital status, medical condition as defined by state law (genetic characteristics or cancer), physical or mental disability, military service or veteran status, pregnancy, childbirth and related medical conditions, genetic information or any other classification protected by applicable federal, state or local laws or ordinances.
Copyright © 2018 Warner Music Inc.