Post Production Manager
Warner Music GroupCulver City, CA
Full Time Job
Post Production Manager
Why this could be your next big break:
UPROXX is seeking a Post-Production Manager for their award-winning video department. The ideal candidate has extensive post background including editing, sound mix, color, motion graphics and is passionate about post production. Looking for a strong leader who has exceptional taste, particularly in short-format content, documentaries, shows and sizzles. Your knack for quick storytelling particularly geared towards social media and the ever-changing digital landscape will assist you in working in partnership with Creative, Strategy and Production to create the most engaging content on the web.
You will oversee all aspects of post-production and coordinate the edit, finishing, and delivery to ensure all video content is of the highest quality and consistent with the UPROXX brand. You'll lead and motivate teams of editors/AEs/mixers/colorists and more to meet their deadlines but also to continue to develop their style and skills. The meticulous sense of detail you bring to the table will ensure a smooth workflow and deliveries that are timely, on budget and error-free. Bring your creative hat as well as your input on our content is valued and encouraged.
Here you'll get to:
• Hire and schedule editors, AE's, color and sound sessions & additional staff (gfx, mixers, etc) for all productions while maintaining a deep roster of fresh and available talent
• Works with producers to create Post budgets/schedules to ensure all jobs are completed on time, within budget and to spec and that all assets, deliverables, stills, etc are delivered
• Oversee media allocation and delivery (allocate field drives to producers, coordinate delivery of media from field to post, raw media to server & edit drive, archival & storage, recycling of field drives, cloud storage, etc)
• Show off your creative chops by providing notes on cuts, work with editors to improve their episodes and/or story produce as needed
• Setup and process payroll for all freelance editor
• Provide oversight and support of the QC process to ensure all content has been reviewed to maintain consistent and high-quality standard
• Distribute cuts internally and externally for review. Collect and disseminate notes to editors.
• Implement processes, workflows and best practice for post-production and ensure they are added the post bible.
• Write, create and steward show and company sizzles as necessary
• Maintain and oversee post budgets on all jobs and creating monthly reports for Head of Studio
• Act as a conduit between post-production team and Head of Studio, providing updates and elevating situations if necessary
Rockstar candidates will be able to:
• You have impeccable project management skills with proven ability to lead teams via innovative thinking and clear communication
• You have a large contact list of editors, AEs, story producers, motion graphics animator, etc and can continue to grow that list
• You have a knowledge of editing techniques, audio mixing, color correction techniques and software, media file formats, animated graphics and equipment used in day-to-day post-production processes
• You have experience working on projects with fast (i.e. daily) turnarounds, tight deadlines, and multiple editors
• You are a master of content post-production and the inherent challenges therein. You put out a fire and move onto the next
• You have knowledge of file-based post-production workflows
• You are experienced with Adobe Creative Cloud, Microsoft Office, Google Docs and Dropbox
• You are highly organized and self-motivated
• You are an excellent problem solver
• You have strong communication skills
It would be music to our ears if you also had:
• College Degree preferred
• You have 3-5 years of experience coordinating post-production
• You have knowledge of trending news, pop-culture, sports, movie, etc.
• You have writing and research abilities, and strong sense of story
Why join us?
Warner Music Group is all about our people. We are one global company made up of the most knowledgeable, passionate, and creative people in our business.
It is the mission of every member of the WMG team around the world to create a nurturing environment for artists, songwriters, and the people behind the music, every stage of their career. We strive to set WMG apart from the rest of the industry by embracing a philosophy of innovation that is part of our company's DNA.
Consider a career at WMG and be a part of one of the biggest forces in music today.
Love this job and want to apply?
Click the ''Apply'' link at the top of the page, or apply directly with your LinkedIn. Applying with LinkedIn will import all of the information you put in your profile, but will still allow you to upload a resume and cover letter.
Don't be discouraged if you don't hear from us right away. We're taking our time to review all resumes, and to find the best people for WMG.
Thanks for your interest in working for Warner Music Group. We love it here, and think you will too.
We are an equal opportunity employer that is committed to inclusion and diversity and will not discriminate against an applicant or employee on the basis of age, sex, sexual orientation, race, color, creed, religion, ethnicity, national origin, alienage or citizenship, disability, marital status, familial status, military or veteran status, or any other legal recognized protected basis under federal, state or local laws, regulations or ordinances.
We are committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation because of a disability for any part of the application or employment process, please send an e-mail and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information.
Copyright © 2019 Warner Music Inc.
A little bit about our team:
UPROXX, a Warner Music Group Company, is one of the largest youth culture brands in the world. Through proprietary technology, journalists and our award-winning video content studio, we help brands connect to the digital generation. We inform, entertain and inspire our audience through the passion points they care about: Sports, News, Culture, Entertainment, Music and Lifestyle. The UPROXX Studio team collaborates with our partners to create the most engaging and sharable content in the digital space.
UPROXX is seeking a Post-Production Manager for their award-winning video department. The ideal candidate has extensive post background including editing and is passionate about post. Looking for a strong leader who has exceptional taste, particularly in short-format content, documentaries, shows and sizzles. Your knack for quick storytelling particularly geared towards social media and the ever-changing digital landscape will assist you in working in partnership with Creative, Strategy and Production to create the most engaging content on the web.