Warner Music GroupCulver City, CA
This was removed by the employer on 9/23/2022 12:30:00 PM PST
Not to worry we have many other jobs on the site;
Browse all jobs
Browse the Marketing Category
Browse the Music Category
Search for Platform Manager jobs in Culver City-CA
Search all Platform Manager postings
Full Time Job
At Warner Music Group, we're a global collective of music makers and music lovers, tech innovators and inspired entrepreneurs, game-changing creatives and passionate team members. Here, we know that each talent makes our collective bolder and brighter. We are guided by four core principles that underpin everything we do across all our diverse businesses:
• Music is Everything: Music is our passion, and we can never get enough. Tastes, trends, and tech will change, but great artists and songwriters will always be our driving force.
• Global Growth, Local Expertise: Music is a global language. Through communication and collaboration, our success can come from anywhere and translate everywhere.
• Innovation and Insight: Pushing the boundaries requires the best information and the boldest imagination. We use both to create the future.
• Empowered by People: Like the artists we serve and the music they make, our differences make us stronger. This is a place where every talent can belong and build a career.
A little bit about our team:
UPROXX Editorial & Publishing is a group of journalists and content creators who define today's brand for pop culture across music and entertainment. Content creation and audience engagement on platforms is an incredibly important component of defining the brand and connecting with audiences. Our brand and our content must always remain consistent, relevant, and appealing, both for audiences and advertisers. Our platform presence is key to accomplishing this.
In this role, you'll report to the Head of Publishing, who oversees all content creation and business performance for UPROXX. You will work alongside the lead editors for our verticals as well as our digital content creators.
We are seeking a talented Senior Social Platform Manager to join our team of journalists and content creators. In this role, you will work with the overall Publishing team to oversee and create social content across Instagram, TikTok, Twitter, Facebook, and YouTube with a focus on building audience and engagement around our original programming and formats.
Our ideal candidate is tuned in to all things music and pop culture, is fluent in the languages of social platforms, has experience developing audiences, has experience in content creative direction, and understands working with an editorial and publishing team to translate editorial pov and content to platforms. You will also need a deep understanding of platforms and have instinctive storytelling skills as this highly important role defines our publishing brand to audiences.
Here you'll get to:
• Create social platform content and oversee distribution across UPROXX channels
• You will create and own audience development strategy for UPROXX platform channels
• You will work directly with publishing and editorial leadership on distribution and audience dev
• You will curate the editorial POV for social platforms
• You will collaborate with the Editorial team on content development and editorial voice
• You will attend events and original programming shoots to capture social content with artists
• You will create original social content in the UPROXX voice that engages and grows our audience
• You will work with other business units on ad campaign executions and WMG initiatives
• You are passionate about your deep understanding of pop culture and digital culture trends
• You are a self-starter who is never satisfied and constantly desires to improve and remain competitive in an ever-evolving marketplace
• You are highly organized and have an innate ability to self-manage and organize a daily to-do list and understand/execute priorities
• You can utilize this organization to manage contributors and freelancers in support roles
• You have experience prioritizing tasks and initiatives based on timeliness and urgency
• You have experience interviewing or working with artists and talents for social content
• You enjoy collaborating with a range of people with different talents and skillsets
• You have communication skills to help you work with various departments, multiple timelines/calendars, and in a fast-paced environment
We'd love it if you also had:
• 2+ years of social content creation experience across Instagram, Twitter, Facebook, and TikTok
• 2+ years experience working within an always-on publishing operation
• 2+ years experience capturing social content at events or artist shoots
• Photoshop and digital editing experience
UPROXX is today's brand for pop culture across music and entertainment. We live on our website, our YouTube channels, our social channels, at our events, and with our Covers. We have unique access to creators, artists, and athletes that fuels our recommendation expertise across culture.
Love this job and want to apply?
Click the ''Apply'' link at the top of the page, or apply directly with your LinkedIn. Applying with LinkedIn will import all of the information you put in your profile, but will still allow you to upload a resume and cover letter.
Don't be discouraged if you don't hear from us right away. We're taking our time to review all resumes, and to find the best people for WMG.
Thanks for your interest in working for WM