People Team Coordinator
Warner Music GroupNew York, NY
Full Time Job
People Team Coordinator (Human Resources)
At Warner Music Group we're all about our people. Our global company is made up of knowledgeable, passionate, and creative individuals. Our commitment to Diversity, Equity and Inclusion fosters a culture where you can truly belong, contribute, and grow. We believe in each individual's value and encourage applications from people of any age, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, religion, ethnicity, disability, veteran status, and any other characteristic or identity.
It is the mission of every member of the WMG team around the world to create a nurturing environment for artists, songwriters, and the people behind the music – at every stage of their career. We strive to set WMG apart by embracing innovation – an integral part of our company's DNA.
Consider a career at WMG and be a part of one of the most influential forces in culture today.
People Team Coordinator
A little bit about our team:
The WMG People Team aims at driving the business forward by partnering with leaders to help them build their organizations and make decisions on employee related objectives. Our team focuses on coaching our managers how to lead teams, resolving employee relations issues, helping employees grow at WMG, and being a thought partner on business decisions in the workplace.
Why this could be your next big break:
The People Team Coordinator will support our corporate functions which includes Business Development, Research & Analysis, Legal, Global Technology, Agile Transformation Office, and Corporate Communications. The role focuses on a variety of HR-related tasks and is responsible for delivering first-class employee support and taking direction from the HR Business Partners who oversee the relationship for the corporate functions. This role is the first point of contact for all HR-related questions and will be accountable for ensuring that all HR tasks are managed in a professional, efficient, and timely manner.
Here you'll get to:
• Participate in and assist the greater People Team with HR Initiatives and Learning & Development opportunities based on the needs of the business/teams
• Train all U.S. new hires on the use of Workday and other inter-company related systems, assist in the design and roll-out of developmental and programmatic training as needed.
• Be the first point of contact for new hires and employees. Provide information and guidance, or escalate inquires as appropriate. Maintain confidentiality of all information as appropriate.
• Conduct new hire orientation and create a seamless and exciting on-boarding experience for all new hires
• Update and maintain Workday employee data with accuracy (you will spend a great deal of time in Workday)
• Partner with clients on our Student Programs, Emerging Talent (Internship) and College Rep Program
• Collaborate with the Talent, Comp & Benefits and People Tech teams on current and future people initiatives
• Conduct exit interviews and manage the exiting process for all departing employees
• Work with the team on employee relations matters
• Work on ad-hoc reporting, research, org charts, presentations, audits, and projects
• Maintain HR files and databases
• Prepare and analyze reports that are necessary to carry out the functions of the department and company
• Perform any other duties and tasks related to the Department's role and responsibilities that might be assigned.
• 1+ years of experience in Human Resources
• Bachelor's degree in Human Resources, Psychology, Business or related field
• Proactive approach on updates and communication
• Detailed-oriented approach to work
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills
• Results-oriented, have strong execution and follow-up skills
• Multi-tasking skills in a fast-paced and deadline-driven environment
• The ability to work independently with minimal supervision
• Accountability, critical thinking skills, and confidence when presenting ideas
• High emotional intelligence, and exercise sound judgment when dealing with sensitive and confidential matters
• Possess strong interpersonal skills and the ability to work with many different personalities
• Be adept at problem-solving, including being able to identify and resolve issues in a timely manner
It would be music to our ears if you also had:
• Ability to forge outstanding working relationships across a large team
• Experience in working with the Workday system and/or other HRIS systems
• Experience managing large sets of data
• Strong project management skills
• Proficient in MS Office suite (MS Word, PowerPoint, Outlook, and Excel)
With its broad and diverse roster of new stars and legendary artists, Warner Music Group is home to a collection of the best-known record labels in the music industry including Asylum, Atlantic, East West, Elektra, FFRR, Fueled by Ramen, Nonesuch, Parlophone, Rhino, Roadrunner, Sire, Warner Records, Warner Classics and Warner Chappell Music, one of the world's leading music publishers with a catalogue of more than one million copyrights worldwide.
For more than four decades, WMG has been an industry-leading force in providing a world-class array of services designed to help artists and labels grow their careers and their businesses. Artist & Label Services is the umbrella for WEA (Warner-Elektra-Atlantic) – the pioneering WEA distribution and marketing network – and Alternative Distribution Alliance (ADA) – the ground-breaking global distribution company for independent artists and labels.
Love this job and want to apply?
Click the ''Apply'' link at the top of the page, or apply directly with your LinkedIn. Applying with LinkedIn will import all of the information you put in your profile, but will still allow you to upload a resume and cover letter.
Don't be discouraged if you don't hear from us right away. We're taking our time to review all resumes, and to find the best people for WMG.
Thanks for your interest in working for WMG. We love it here, and think you will, too.
WMG is committed to inclusion and diversity in all aspects of our business. We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and will evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, religious creed, color, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, ancestry, marital status, medical condition as defined by state law (genetic characteristics or cancer), physical or mental disability, military service or veteran status, pregnancy, childbirth and related medical conditions, genetic information or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state or local law.
Copyright © 2021 Warner Music Inc.