Northeast Regional Manager and National Mixshow For Urban Promotions
Warner Music GroupNew York, NY
Full Time Job
Northeast Regional Manager and National Mixshow for Urban Promotions
We are Warner Music Group, home to a broad roster of new stars and legendary artists through a collection of the best-known record labels in the music industry including Asylum, Atlantic, Big Beat, Canvasback, East West, Elektra, Erato, FFRR, Fueled by Ramen, Nonesuch, Parlophone, Reprise, Rhino, Roadrunner, Sire, Spinnin', Warner Records, Warner Classics, and Warner Music Nashville, as well as Warner Chappell Music, one of the world's leading music publishers, with a catalog of more than one million copyrights worldwide.
We currently have a fantastic opportunity to join our innovative and highly sought-after 'Urban Promotion' team at 'Atlantic Records'.
Job Title: Northeast Regional Manager and National Mixshow for Urban Promotions
A little bit about our team:
The Urban Promotion Department aims to secure airplay, on-air contests, and promotional opportunities for our Atlantic Records artists at radio stations nationwide. The department works with marketing, sales, publicity, and digital marketing to create grass roots and national promotion strategies to garner airplay at key lifestyle, club, and radio outlets. While increasing their exposure and audience, the Urban Promotion team contributes to the company-wide effort of promoting our artists and maximizing sales and streaming.
Why this could be your next big break:
The Northeast Urban Regional Promotion and Mixshow Manager has the primary responsibility of promoting our music, artists and brand by securing airplay throughout the region utilizing strong interpersonal skills and perseverance. Keeping in mind that as the Promotion/Mixshow Manager for the region, he/she will be called upon to expose new music from our artists earlier than others since Mixshow and lifestyle venues is where music often lives prior to breaking into the mainstream. Once in the mainstream, he/she will continue to work towards our music and artists gaining exposure to the largest possible audience, assist in establishing the foundation for new artists to develop key relationships while helping established artist grow their relationships with radio and consumers throughout the region in an effort to build and nurture their fan base. Ultimately the goal for the promotion of our music, artists and brand is to serve as a catalyst for sales.
Here you'll get to:
• Develop and maintain positive working relationships at Urban, Urban AC, Crossover and college radio outlets within the Northeast Region
• Develop and maintain working relationships with radio programmers, personalities and key station personnel and influencers throughout the Northeast region
• Communicate essential day to day information to national promotion office
• Utilize marketing strategies and ideas at radio outlets to gain maximum audience exposure for artists and company brand throughout the Northeast region
• Initiate, execute and manage promotional events for priority artist utilizing nightclubs, listening parties, retail, lifestyle venues, video outlets and social media
• Set up various promotions utilizing radio and social media to help secure airplay that will result in mass audience exposure to generate consumer sales
• Occasionally book time buys with radio for the promotion of new releases
• Organize promotional tours that generate buzz and excitement surrounding artist projects which lead to unit sales for respective artist
• Manage quarterly travel & entertainment budgets set forth by Department Head
• Develop and maintain positive working relationships with Mix show DJ'S/Club DJ's Crossover and college radio outlets across the Nation
• Develop and maintain working relationships with radio DJ's, personalities and key station personnel and influencers throughout the Nation
• Assist other regions in their efforts to garner mix show airplay
Rockstar candidates will be able to:
• Be a self-starter
• Work independently and as a team player
• Demonstrate strong oral and written communication skills
• Be action oriented
• Exhibit strong organizational skills
• Have great attention to detail
• Be approachable
• Display interpersonal skills
• Show good judgment for problem solving and troubleshooting
• Work under pressure & meet deadlines
It would be music to our ears if you also had:
• Proficient in MS Office, Mediabase, Nielsen BDS, BDS Music Tracking, Nielsen Soundscan, Music Connect
• Valid Driver's License
• Love and understanding of Hip-Hop and R&B
Why join us?
Warner Music Group is all about our people. We are one global company made up of the most knowledgeable, passionate, and creative people in our business.
It is the mission of every member of the WMG team around the world to create a nurturing environment for artists, songwriters, and the people behind the music, every stage of their career. We strive to set WMG apart from the rest of the industry by embracing a philosophy of innovation that is part of our company's DNA.
Consider a career at WMG and be a part of one of the biggest forces in music today.
Love this job and want to apply?
Click the ''Apply'' link or apply directly with your LinkedIn. Applying with LinkedIn will import all of the information you put in your profile, but will still allow you to upload a resume and cover letter.
Don't be discouraged if you don't hear from us right away. We're taking our time to review all resumes, and to find the best people for WMG.
Thanks for your interest in working for Warner Music Group. We love it here, and think you will too.
We are an equal opportunity employer that is committed to inclusion and diversity and will not discriminate against an applicant or employee on the basis of age, sex, sexual orientation, race, color, creed, religion, ethnicity, national origin, alienage or citizenship, disability, marital status, familial status, military or veteran status, or any other legal recognized protected basis under federal, state or local laws, regulations or ordinances.
We are committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation because of a disability for any part of the application or employment process, please send an e-mail to Recruitment@wmg.com and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information.
Copyright © 2019 Warner Music Inc.