News Writer, West Coast - Hiphopdx
Warner Music GroupCulver City, CA
This was removed by the employer on 7/8/2023 11:30:00 AM PST
Not to worry we have many other jobs on the site;
Browse all jobs
Browse the Broadcast News Category
Browse the Music Category
Browse the Writing Category
Search for News Writer, West Coast - Hiphopdx jobs in Culver City-CA
Search all News Writer, West Coast - Hiphopdx postings
It is the mission of every member of the WMG team around the world to create a nurturing environment for artists, songwriters, and the people behind the music – at every stage of their career. We strive to set WMG apart by embracing innovation – an integral part of our company's DNA.
A little bit about our team:
For over 23 years, HipHopDX has been at the forefront of Hip Hop culture, reaching over 4 million readers and 5 million followers per month. As one of the longest-standing Hip Hop digital publications, DX not only stays current on Hip Hop culture, but continues to influence it, encourage it, and simultaneously reflect on its past. Our insightful, honest editorials, unbiased reviews, premier
audio and video sections, and original video content, draws one of the most loyal followings online.
As a part of Warner Music Group, HipHopDX is expanding internationally and continues to build upon the reputation it has garnered from decades of work.
Why this could be your next big break:
The position of News Writer will require someone passionate and knowledgeable about the Hip Hop space who can contribute to informing consumers about the most important news and new music. A strong understanding of the digital space and Hip Hop media is required. Someone who is willing to learn and contribute ideas will grow quickly within the role. You will have the opportunity to have your work viewed by millions of people on a weekly basis and truly impact the conversation within the Hip Hop space.
We value hard work, integrity, and agility, and we love to reward individuals who show initiative and work well within our team. Come join our team at HipHopDX and impact Hip Hop culture!
Here you'll get to:
• Write 6 daily news stories based on social media and various sources
• Work on West Coast hours
• Research and fact check your articles
• Reach out to original sources for quotes
• Maintain a feed of news sources to pitch stories to editors
• Attend feedback and planning meetings
• 2-4 years of news writing experience
• Experience in a fast-paced work environment
• Ability to work a flexible work schedule
• Up-To-Date computer with reliable internet connection
• Motivated, self-starter with strong editorial instincts
• Excellent news writing samples
• Availability on weekends
• Have a B.A. or B.S.
• Ability to work independently, as well as part of a team, and take creative direction from multiple stakeholders
• Have a strong passion for Hip Hop and music culture
• Ability to work in WordPress to update articles for content and SEO
• Ability to work under time constraints and deadlines
• Possess a strong work ethic, and positive attitude, with an ability to handle multiple tasks simultaneously on stated timelines
• Exceptional organization skills and the ability to manage time effectively and efficiently in a fast-paced environment
• Excellent communication skills are required to have a solid understanding of project scope and implementation
• Basic HTML and photo editing skills
• Solid understanding of MS Office or Google Suite
It would be music to our ears if you:
• If you in live Pacific or Mountain time zone
• Willing to relocate to West Coast (Los Angeles)
• Have understanding of social media platforms
• Working knowledge of spreadsheets
With its broad and diverse roster of new stars and legendary artists, Warner Music Group is home to a collection of the best-known record labels in the music industry including Asylum, Atlantic, East West, Elektra, FFRR, Fueled by Ramen, Nonesuch, Parlophone, Rhino, Roadrunner, Sire, Warner Records, Warner Classics and Warner Chappell Music, one of the world's leading music publishers with a catalogue of more than one million copyrights worldwide.
For more than four decades, WMG has been an industry-leading force in providing a world-class array of services designed to help artists and labels grow their careers and their businesses. Artist & Label Services is the umbrella for WEA (Warner-Elektra-Atlantic) – the pioneering WEA distribution and marketing network – and Alternative Distribution Alliance (ADA) – the ground-breaking global distribution company for independent artists and labels.Don't be discouraged if you don't hear from us right away. We're taking our time to review all resumes, and to find the best people for WMG.
Thanks for your interest in working for WMG. We love it here, and think you will, too.
$20.00 to $25.00 Hourly
Salary Ranges are included for all NY, California job postings and 100% remote roles where talent can be located. The actual base pay is dependent upon many factors, such as work experience and business needs. The pay range is subject to change at any time dependent on a variety of internal and external factors.
Copyright © 2023 Warner Music Inc.