New Release Content Manager
Warner Music GroupLos Angeles, CA
Full Time Job
WMG's top priority is the safety and wellbeing of its team members, artists and songwriters across the globe. In response to COVID-19, WMG is fully committed to helping its people balance their home and life commitments with flexible working options, virtual wellness sessions, and more. WMG strives to maintain a COVID-free workplace. To that end, being fully vaccinated against COVID-19 is a condition of employment for all US new employees, prior to the commencement of employment. If you are hired, you will be required to provide proof of your vaccination as part of your new employee onboarding process, subject to our legal obligation to make reasonable accommodations in certain limited circumstances.
At Warner Music Group we're all about our people. Our global company is made up of knowledgeable, passionate, and creative individuals. Our commitment to Diversity, Equity and Inclusion fosters a culture where you can truly belong, contribute, and grow. We believe in each individual's value and encourage applications from people of any age, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, religion, ethnicity, disability, veteran status, and any other characteristic or identity.
It is the mission of every member of the WMG team around the world to create a nurturing environment for artists, songwriters, and the people behind the music – at every stage of their career. We strive to set WMG apart by embracing innovation – an integral part of our company's DNA.
Consider a career at WMG and be a part of one of the most influential forces in culture today.
A little bit about our team:
Our team sets up, schedules and gets all the pieces in place for new digital releases to be delivered to digital service providers like Spotify and Apple, among others. We do the same for to get Vinyl and CD products manufactured. This role is focused on the credits and metadata for these releases. You would be working closely with fellow team members who handle scheduling and traffic as well as key label personnel. Your work will be vital to having correct information as part of commercial offerings and in our databases.
Why this could be your next big break:
Your work will drive many areas like whether the correct song titles appear on the back of a CD to whether a user generated video of a WMG track is permitted to be uploaded to YouTube. You will be part of a team of professionals but will have responsibility for your own projects, handle multiple tasks and juggle various priorities.
Here you'll get to:
• You will be the person in charge of label copy for your projects. You'll secure the credits from the label, clarify any inconsistencies or oddities, compile the credits into a usable format which you'll route for approval and then distribute to those coordinating physical packaging and everyone else who needs it.
• You will manage the label copy as a live document that's always changing by updating it as needed, filling requests from label Publicity department, Billboard, those working on Grammy submissions, and others. You'll manage keeping updated copies archived for future reference.
• You will proofread metadata for accuracy before digital products are sent to DSPs. You'll also proofread the copy on layouts of physical packaging and any DVD menu screens.
• You will enter new release information into the company's central database that feeds other databases to ensure accurate setup details are used company-wide. This will sometimes require researching any missing setup criteria, adjusting metadata so it meets the style guide requirements from various DSPs, and troubleshooting issues with validation at DSPs.
• You will request overdue Master Delivery Request Forms/Mastering Requests from the label and create them for certain P&D labels.
• You will be the point person for managing the security of metadata and some new release information as needed on high-profile artists.
• You have strong attention to detail.
• You have outstanding organizational skills with the ability to prioritize your workload.
• You have the ability to turn last minute projects around quickly on a tight deadline.
• You have excellent communication skills.
• You have excellent proofreading skills.
It would be music to our ears if you also had:
• Editorial, publishing or similar background
• A college degree or relevant work experience preferred
• 3-5 years experience
With its broad and diverse roster of new stars and legendary artists, Warner Music Group is home to a collection of the best-known record labels in the music industry including Asylum, Atlantic, East West, Elektra, FFRR, Fueled by Ramen, Nonesuch, Parlophone, Rhino, Roadrunner, Sire, Warner Records, Warner Classics and Warner Chappell Music, one of the world's leading music publishers with a catalogue of more than one million copyrights worldwide.
For more than four decades, WMG has been an industry-leading force in providing a world-class array of services designed to help artists and labels grow their careers and their businesses. Artist & Label Services is the umbrella for WEA (Warner-Elektra-Atlantic) – the pioneering WEA distribution and marketing network – and Alternative Distribution Alliance (ADA) – the ground-breaking global distribution company for independent artists and labels. As well as consumer brands such as Songkick the live music app, EMP the merchandise e-tailer, and UPROXX the youth culture destination.
Love this job and want to apply?
Click the ''Apply'' link at the top of the page, or apply directly with your LinkedIn. Applying with LinkedIn will import all of the information you put in your profile, but will still allow you to upload a resume and cover letter.
Don't be discouraged if you don't hear from us right away. We're taking our time to review all resumes, and to find the best people for WMG.
Thanks for your interest in working for WMG. We love it here, and think you will, too.
WMG is committed to inclusion and diversity in all aspects of our business. We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and will evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, religious creed, color, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, ancestry, marital status, medical condition as defined by state law (genetic characteristics or cancer), physical or mental disability, military service or veteran status, pregnancy, childbirth and related medical conditions, genetic information or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state or local law.
Copyright © 2021 Warner Music Inc.