New Release Content Manager
Warner Music GroupNew York, NY
Full Time Job
New Release Content Manager
A little bit about our team:
Our team sets up, schedules and gets all the pieces in place for new digital releases to be delivered to digital service providers like Spotify, Apple, etc. and for new physical releases, mostly CDs & vinyl, to be manufactured. This role is focused on the credits and metadata for these releases. You would be working closely with fellow team members who handle scheduling and traffic as well as key label personnel. Your work will be vital to having correct information as part of commercial offerings and in our databases.
Why this could be your next big break:
Your work will drive many areas like whether the correct song titles appear on the back of a CD to whether a user generated video of a WMG track is permitted to be uploaded to YouTube. You will be part of a team of professionals but will have responsibility for your own projects, handle multiple tasks and juggle various priorities.
Here you'll get to:
• You will be the person in charge of label copy for your projects. You'll secure the credits from the label, clarify any inconsistencies or oddities, compile the credits into a usable format which you'll route for approval and then distribute to those coordinating physical packaging and everyone else who needs it.
• You will manage the label copy as a live document that's always changing by updating it as needed, filling requests from label Publicity department, Billboard, those working on Grammy submissions, and others. You'll manage keeping updated copies archived for future reference.
• You will proofread metadata for accuracy before digital products are sent to DSPs. You'll also proofread the copy on layouts of physical packaging and any DVD menu screens.
• You will enter new release information into the company's central database that feeds other databases to ensure accurate setup details are used company-wide. This will sometimes require researching any missing setup criteria, adjusting metadata so it meets the style guide requirements from various DSPs, and troubleshooting issues with validation at DSPs.
• You will request overdue Master Delivery Request Forms/Mastering Requests from the label and create them for certain P&D labels.
• You will be the point person for managing the security of metadata and some new release information as needed on high-profile artists.
Rockstar candidates will be able to:
• You have strong attention to detail.
• You have outstanding organizational skills with the ability to prioritize your workload.
• You have the ability to turn last minute projects around quickly on a tight deadline.
• You have excellent communication skills.
• You have excellent proofreading skills.
It would be music to our ears if you also had:
• Editorial, publishing or similar background
• A college degree or relevant work experience preferred
• 3 -5 years experience
Why join us?
Warner Music Group is all about our people. We are one global company made up of the most knowledgeable, passionate, and creative people in our business.
It is the mission of every member of the WMG team around the world to create a nurturing environment for artists, songwriters, and the people behind the music at every stage of their career. We strive to set WMG apart from the rest of the industry by embracing a philosophy of innovation that is part of our company's DNA.
Consider a career at WMG and be a part of one of the biggest forces in music today.
Love this job and want to apply?
Click the ''Apply'' link at the top of the page, or apply directly with your LinkedIn. Applying with LinkedIn will import all of the information you put in your profile, but will still allow you to upload a resume and cover letter.
Don't be discouraged if you don't hear from us right away. We're taking our time to review all resumes, and to find the best people for WMG.
Thanks for your interest in working for Warner Music Group. We love it here, and think you will too.
Warner Music Group is an equal opportunity employer. We enthusiastically accept our responsibility to make employment decisions without regard to race, religious creed, color, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, ancestry, marital status, medical condition as defined by state law (genetic characteristics or cancer), physical or mental disability, military service or veteran status, pregnancy, childbirth and related medical conditions, genetic information or any other classification protected by applicable federal, state or local laws or ordinances.
Copyright © 2018 Warner Music Inc.