National Director, Radio and Streaming
Warner Music GroupNashville, TN
Full Time Job
National Director, Radio and Streaming
We currently have a fantastic opportunity to join our innovative and highly sought-after Radio & Streaming team at Warner Music Group.
Why this could be your next big break:
Under general supervision, latitude for independent judgment and decision, and in coordination with other national directors, the candidate hired to fill this position will be responsible for securing, maintaining, and maximizing airplay for all country artists on a national level as well as supporting the field promotion staff.
Here you'll get to:
• Secure radio airplay for WMN country releases and escalate upward chart activity.
• Work closely with other national directors and field staff to find creative ways of doing business with our stations. Initiate promotions to market our artists at each country station.
• Support field staff by covering radio and artist shows.
• Communicate the status of our priority records at radio with WMN department heads and the company. Use resources provided by other departments to aid with obtaining airplay.
• Implement policies and procedures to enhance productivity throughout the promotion department.
• Have a working knowledge/understanding of SAP
• Provide leadership and motivation to our national and local staff.
• Must be willing to travel.
• Handle and safeguard confidential and proprietary information.
• Must be able to effectively communicate internally and/or externally in a manner consistent with the company's Code of Conduct and core values.
Rockstar candidates will have:
• Experience in utilizing Mediabase, Nielsen BDS, and Music Kinect web sites to analyze, extrapolate and employ precise data;
• A vast knowledge of country radio, country artists and their music
• Credibility and influence with radio programmers
• Strong relationship skills solid relationships with major market and secondary market programmers.
• General computer skills and a working knowledge of Microsoft Office;
• Possess a strong work ethic, strong organization skills and pay high attention to detail;
• Have strong communication skills (written and verbal);
• Possess ability to adhere to deadlines and execute on tasks and handle multiple, diverse assignments;
• Be able to anticipate needs and create efficient and effective processes;
• Be self-starter, self-motivated and take responsibility/ownership of tasks;
• Have ability to think outside the box proactively, strategically and analytically;
• Be able to demonstrate flexibility and adaptability to changing situations;
• Have negotiation and problem solving ability.
• Have a high school level education, or its equivalent, and, a college degree or equivalent career experience
It would be music to our ears if you also had:
• 3-5 Years' experience required;
• Radio/Promotion/Marketing/sales background a plus;
• Music or entertainment business experience preferred.
Why join us?
Warner Music Group is all about our people. We are one global company made up of the most knowledgeable, passionate, and creative people in our business.
It is the mission of every member of the WMG team around the world to create a nurturing environment for artists, songwriters, and the people behind the music, every stage of their career. We strive to set WMG apart from the rest of the industry by embracing a philosophy of innovation that is part of our company's DNA.
Consider a career at WMG and be a part of one of the biggest forces in music today.
Love this job and want to apply?
Click the ''Apply'' link or apply directly with your LinkedIn. Applying with LinkedIn will import all of the information you put in your profile, but will still allow you to upload a resume and cover letter.
Don't be discouraged if you don't hear from us right away. We're taking our time to review all resumes, and to find the best people for WMG.
Thanks for your interest in working for Warner Music Group. We love it here, and think you will too.
We are an equal opportunity employer that is committed to inclusion and diversity and will not discriminate against an applicant or employee on the basis of age, sex, sexual orientation, race, color, creed, religion, ethnicity, national origin, alienage or citizenship, disability, marital status, familial status, military or veteran status, or any other legal recognized protected basis under federal, state or local laws, regulations or ordinances.
We are committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation because of a disability for any part of the application or employment process, please send an e-mail to Recruitment@wmg.com and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information.
Copyright © 2019 Warner Music Inc.