Music Management Coordinator
Warner Music GroupNew York, NY
Full Time Job
Music Management Coordinator
We are Warner Music Group, home to a broad roster of new stars and legendary artists through a collection of the best-known record labels in the music industry including Asylum, Atlantic, Big Beat, Canvasback, East West, Elektra, Erato, FFRR, Fueled by Ramen, Nonesuch, Parlophone, Reprise, Rhino, Roadrunner, Sire, Spinnin', Warner Records, Warner Classics, and Warner Music Nashville, as well as Warner Chappell Music, one of the world's leading music publishers, with a catalog of more than one million copyrights worldwide.
We currently have a fantastic opportunity to join our innovative and highly sought-after Creative Synchronization team at Warner Chappell Music Publishing.
A little bit about our team:
The synchronization licensing team is directly responsible for connecting our songwriters to creative music users in film, TV, advertising, video games, and merchandising. We look for innovative ways to pair songs with content that influences culture on a global level and enriches the lives of music lovers everywhere. To accomplish this, we work directly with our writers to better understand their goals and ambitions, and we customize our services and marketing approach accordingly. We're always looking for unique and interesting new ways to promote the extraordinary breadth & diversity of our catalogs.
Why this could be your next big break:
If you love and know a lot about music both new and old, are highly organized and a critical listener, have extensive audio rights research and creative/administrative metadata tagging experience, and want to create game-changing opportunities for some of the best songwriters in the world, Warner Chappell's synchronization licensing team is the place for you. We pride ourselves on being the best creative partner and solution provider to all professional music users. If participating in and supporting these endeavors is what drives you, we want you on our team.
Here you'll get to:
• Directly influence our songwriters' success and provide a broader and more effective base of opportunities for their songs to grow an audience and generate revenue.
• Maintain a complete and data-accurate audio asset library for Warner Chappell's Global A&R, Sync, & Creative Services teams.
• Participate and advise in the planning & design process of new systems to manage and present audio assets related to our copyrights, both internal & external.
• Attach highly functional administrative metadata to our song assets such that they can be ''discoverable'' quickly and efficiently for exploitation opportunities of all kinds (sync pitching, song plugging, strategic marketing, writer meetings, cover opportunities, etc.)
• Attach thorough and functional creative metadata (including Genre, Sub-Genre, Style, Mood, Tempo, Lead Instrumentation, Key, BPM, etc.) and administrative metadata (master ownership/administration, copyright ownership/administration, side artist information, version & ''state'' data [remix, radio edit, features, demo, unreleased, pre-release, remastered, release year, etc.]) to audio assets.
• Create pitch playlists curated for sync e-blasts (New Releases, Pre-releases, Catalog Focus, Lyric Theme-specific, etc.).
Rockstar candidates will be able to:
• Liaise with our A&R, Sync, & Creative Services department to prioritize multiple audio asset gathering and ingestion projects with high efficiency and speed.
• Research ownership information (Label & Publishing) for recordings with certainty and ascertain copyright splits & co-publishing information in conjunction with our A&R administration and copyright teams.
• Develop techniques and relationships (internal & external) for gathering necessary audio assets as thoroughly and affordably as possible (pre-releases, new releases, back catalog, cover versions, remixes/edits, multiple recordings of ''standards'', etc.) by networking with Warner Chappell staff and major/independent record labels, management, writers, etc.
• Manage very high work volume and a necessity for 100% accuracy in data entry.
• Collaborate with our IT team to improve the tools & processes related to our asset management & delivery systems.
It would be music to our ears if you also had:
• Extensive background in Musicology, Popular Music History, & Music Business fundamentals.
• Provable previous experience with creative and administrative metadata tagging structures.
• Thorough working knowledge of historic and current label structures and ownership, and of public copyright research tools and databases (ASCAP, BMI, SESAC, etc.).
• Demonstrable research & networking skills related to audio asset gathering.
• Thorough working knowledge of audio editing, archiving, file conversion, digital watermarking, mastering software, and modern recording studio environments.
• Computer hardware & software skills related to general office administration and audio asset management.
• A high degree of self-motivation, excellent communication & interpersonal skills, and a proven ability to process high volumes of data with speed and accuracy.
Why join us?
Warner Music Group is all about our people. We are one global company made up of the most knowledgeable, passionate, and creative people in our business.
It is the mission of every member of the WMG team around the world to create a nurturing environment for artists, songwriters, and the people behind the music, every stage of their career. We strive to set WMG apart from the rest of the industry by embracing a philosophy of innovation that is part of our company's DNA.
Consider a career at WMG and be a part of one of the biggest forces in music today.
Love this job and want to apply?
Click the ''Apply'' link or apply directly with your LinkedIn. Applying with LinkedIn will import all of the information you put in your profile, but will still allow you to upload a resume and cover letter.
Don't be discouraged if you don't hear from us right away. We're taking our time to review all resumes, and to find the best people for WMG.
Thanks for your interest in working for Warner Music Group. We love it here and we think you will too.
We are an equal opportunity employer that is committed to inclusion and diversity and will not discriminate against an applicant or employee on the basis of age, sex, sexual orientation, race, color, creed, religion, ethnicity, national origin, alienage or citizenship, disability, marital status, familial status, military or veteran status, or any other legal recognized protected basis under federal, state or local laws, regulations or ordinances.
We are committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation because of a disability for any part of the application or employment process, please send an e-mail to Recruitment@wmg.com and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information.
Copyright © 2020 Warner Music Inc.