Merch Production Assistant
Warner Music GroupNew York, NY
Full Time Job
Merch Production Assistant (Temp)
At Warner Music Group, we're a global collective of music makers and music lovers, tech innovators and inspired entrepreneurs, game-changing creatives and passionate team members. Here, we know that each talent makes our collective bolder and brighter. We are guided by four core principles that underpin everything we do across all our diverse businesses:
• Music is Everything: Music is our passion, and we can never get enough. Tastes, trends, and tech will change, but great artists and songwriters will always be our driving force.
• Global Growth, Local Expertise: Music is a global language. Through communication and collaboration, our success can come from anywhere and translate everywhere.
• Innovation and Insight: Pushing the boundaries requires the best information and the boldest imagination. We use both to create the future.
• Empowered by People: Like the artists we serve and the music they make, our differences make us stronger. This is a place where every talent can belong and build a career.
A little bit about our team:
The merchandise production team provides production and purchasing for merchandise for US concert tours, eCommerce and outside retailers as well as corporate and label promotions. Merchandise includes a variety of branded apparel and accessories.
Assist Merch Production department in day to day tasks to keep operation on task, on time and organized. This is an opportunity to learn the merch production process from concept to delivery.
This is a fast paced, high volume position that requires tenured tour and d2c production experience for quick turn apparel and accessories. Partner w/internal stakeholders to determine time lines, work flow and support long range company goals. Clear and constant communication is key in this role. Daily duties include project management, sourcing, vendor choice, creating PO's, dispersing art files, tracking orders, shipping logistics and managing production schedule. Train, mentor and manage direct reports. Understanding and implementing tour and eCom requirements. Established vendor relationships and sourcing new vendors are critical for competitive pricing, quick turn times, quality control and on time deliveries. Multi-tasking, resourcefulness and problem solving skills are a must along w/strong leadership skills. Above all, team focused at all times to insure a supportive and cohesive working environment for all.
Here you'll get to:
• Arrange shipments working w/vendors & carriers
• Collect, distribute and file packing slips and tracking numbers.
• Update production schedule daily
• Assist w/weekly UPS invoice reconciliation
• Receive and Archive daily merch samples.
• Assist department with various administrative tasks
• Monitor latest Merch products and create PowerPoint presentations for field distribution
• Attend vendor presentations and department meetings.
• Perform special project and other job related duties as assigned
• Individual should be a 'self-starter' who takes initiative and able to work independently
• Fast paced work environment requiring strong multitasking skills, excellent time management, with ability to prioritize workload.
• Highly organized with a strong attention to detail and follow up, & able to work in a team environment.
• Excellent interpersonal skills, strategic thinker & results-oriented.
• Ability to work under pressure, communicates effectively, and meets deadlines.
• Excellent communication skills (both written and oral).
• Ability to maintain focus in high-stress environment.
• Ability to turn last-minute projects around quickly on a tight deadline.
• Excellent Microsoft computer skills, including Word, Excel, PowerPoint, etc.
• Ability to take and follow directions
• Proficient in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
• Ability to learn and operate internal software systems
We'd love it if you also had:
• College Degree preferred or 1-2 years of relevant experience in music merchandise, screen printing apparel, manufacturing or shipping logistics
As the home to 300 Elektra, Asylum, Atlantic, East West, FFRR, Fueled by Ramen, Nonesuch, Parlophone, Rhino, Roadrunner, Sire, Warner Records, Warner Classics, and several other of the world's premier recording labels, Warner Music Group champions emerging artists and global superstars alike. And our renowned publishing company, Warner Chappell Music, represents genre-spanning songwriters and producers through a catalogue of more than one million copyrights worldwide. Redefining what it means to be a music company in the 21st century, our consumer brands include trend-setters like UPROXX, Songkick, HipHopDX, and EMP. We're the home to WMX – the next generation services division that connects artists with fans and amplifies brands in creative, immersive, and engaging ways – and Alternative Distribution Alliance (ADA) – the ground-breaking global distribution company for independent artists and labels.
Love this job and want to apply?
Click the ''Apply'' link at the top of the page, or apply directly with your LinkedIn. Applying with LinkedIn will import all of the information you put in your profile, but will still allow you to upload a resume and cover letter.
Don't be discouraged if you don't hear from us right away. We're taking our time to review all resumes, and to find the best people for WMG.
Thanks for your interest in working for WMG. We love it here, and think you will, too.
Copyright © 2022 Warner Music Inc.