Marketing & Editorial Director, Country Music
Warner Music GroupRemote, US
WMG's top priority is the safety and wellbeing of its team members, artists and songwriters across the globe. In response to COVID-19, WMG is fully committed to helping its people balance their home and life commitments with flexible working options, virtual wellness sessions, and more. WMG strives to maintain a COVID-free workplace. To that end, being fully vaccinated against COVID-19 is a condition of employment for all US new employees, prior to the commencement of employment. If you are hired, you will be required to provide proof of your vaccination as part of your new employee onboarding process, subject to our legal obligation to make reasonable accommodations in certain limited circumstances.
At Warner Music Group, we're a global collective of music makers and music lovers, tech innovators and inspired entrepreneurs, game-changing creatives and passionate team members. Here, we know that each talent makes our collective bolder and brighter. We are guided by four core principles that underpin everything we do across all our diverse businesses:
• Music is Everything: Music is our passion, and we can never get enough. Tastes, trends, and tech will change, but great artists and songwriters will always be our driving force.
• Global Growth, Local Expertise: Music is a global language. Through communication and collaboration, our success can come from anywhere and translate everywhere.
• Innovation and Insight: Pushing the boundaries requires the best information and the boldest imagination. We use both to create the future.
• Empowered by People: Like the artists we serve and the music they make, our differences make us stronger. This is a place where every talent can belong and build a career.
We remain committed to Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion. We know it fosters a culture where you can truly belong, contribute, and grow. We encourage applications from people of any age, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, religion, ethnicity, disability, veteran status, and any other characteristic or identity.
Consider a career at WMG and get the best of both worlds – an innovative global music company that retains the creative spirit of a nimble independent.
A little bit about our team:
Here at WMX (Warner Music Experience), we make artists' voices louder, brands' visions brighter and fans more engaged than ever before. We're building business opportunities by creating moments that matter and staying one step ahead of culture. This specific role sits under our Content & Media division, which is committed to connecting artists with breakthrough content strategies that activate fans & move the cultural needle through our global audience scale & award-winning premium content.
You'll be an instrumental part of building the digital component of a country music-focused lifestyle brand, ensuring flawless execution of the strategy across social media, website, email and SMS touchpoints.
Specific responsibilities will include:
• Overseeing social media execution for the brand, with a particular focus on TikTok and Instagram.
• Working in partnership with our country music labels and brand social media manager to identify opportunities to work with our artists across our digital channels.
• Working in partnership with our sales & production teams to help craft campaigns for brands/advertisers that are authentic to our audience and voice.
• Ensuring successful campaign delivery with brand partners, hitting established KPI's/goals and synthesizing data into succinct stories for campaign wrap-ups.
• Keeping your finger on the pulse of what's trending in the broader country music landscape so that our content can holistically reflect what fans of the genre care about and love to engage with.
• Updating website editorial content and building publisher relationships, staying consistent with the overall tone & voice of the brand.
• Maintaining and driving brand 1st party CRM, including email and SMS.
• You have minimum 5 years previous experience of digital marketing, ideally with at least one large-scale entertainment-related brand.
• You are obsessed with ''video first'' social platforms like TikTok, Snapchat, Instagram, NTWRK, etc., and understand the intricacies and nuances of how content is distributed & consumed on those platforms.
• You live and breathe modern country music and the culture that surrounds it- while you love some of the genre greats & legacy artists, you are particularly keyed in to current trends and artists.
• As much as you love the country genre, you also enjoy and/or are knowledgeable about other styles and genres.
• You get excited when a social platform releases a new beta feature- you want to be the first to figure out how to apply it to your digital strategy.
• You are extremely self-motivated and performance-driven- you get excited when a campaign you are working on succeeds and love drilling into data to understand why something worked well (or why it didn't!).
• You are extremely ''data-curious'' and ''data-lead'' and have proven experience using data to improve marketing decisions and/or understand marketing opportunities.
• You have incredibly strong writing skills and proven experience writing in a consistent tone of voice for a brand or musical artist.
• You have proven experience with email and SMS marketing, growing lists and crafting strategies that drive retention.
• You take pride in your copywriting skills and are versatile regardless of platform (e.g. you are just as comfortable writing a killer email subject line as you are an SMS send).
• You are a team player with a positive attitude- you'll be working daily with a passionate and fun team and you thrive in a collaborative setting.
• You are very excited by the idea of building and shaping something special and unique for fans of the country genre.
• You are very familiar with website analytic platforms like Google Analytics or Adobe Analytics.
While not required, we'd love it if you also had:
• Previous marketing experience for a musical artist or record label.
More about the role:
• Short-term freelance contract to start, with potential for future full-time employment.
• Time commitment is 40 hours/ week with some weekend work.
About Warner Music Group:
As the home to Asylum, Atlantic, East West, Elektra, FFRR, Fueled by Ramen, Nonesuch, Parlophone, Rhino, Roadrunner, Sire, Warner Records, Warner Classics, and several other of the world's premier recording labels, Warner Music Group champions emerging artists and global superstars alike. And our renowned publishing company, Warner Chappell Music, represents genre-spanning songwriters and producers through a catalogue of more than one million copyrights worldwide. Redefining what it means to be a music company in the 21st century, our consumer brands include trend-setters like UPROXX, Songkick, HipHopDX, and EMP. We're the home to WMX – the next generation services division that connects artists with fans and amplifies brands in creative, immersive, and engaging ways – and Alternative Distribution Alliance (ADA) – the ground-breaking global distribution company for independent artists and labels.
Together, we are Warner Music Group: Music With Vision & Voice.
Love this job and want to apply?
Click the ''Apply'' link at the top of the page, or apply directly with your LinkedIn. Applying with LinkedIn will impo