Marketing and Communications Manager, Commercial Sales
Warner Music GroupLos Angeles, CA
Full Time Job
WMG's top priority is the safety and wellbeing of its team members, artists and songwriters across the globe. In response to COVID-19, WMG is fully committed to helping its people balance their home and life commitments with flexible working options, virtual wellness sessions, and more. WMG strives to maintain a COVID-free workplace. To that end, being fully vaccinated against COVID-19 is a condition of employment for all US new employees, prior to the commencement of employment. If you are hired, you will be required to provide proof of your vaccination as part of your new employee onboarding process, subject to our legal obligation to make reasonable accommodations in certain limited circumstances.
At Warner Music Group we're all about our people. Our global company is made up of knowledgeable, passionate, and creative individuals. Our commitment to Diversity, Equity and Inclusion fosters a culture where you can truly belong, contribute, and grow. We believe in each individual's value and encourage applications from people of any age, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, religion, ethnicity, disability, veteran status, and any other characteristic or identity.
It is the mission of every member of the WMG team around the world to create a nurturing environment for artists, songwriters, and the people behind the music – at every stage of their career. We strive to set WMG apart by embracing innovation – an integral part of our company's DNA.
Consider a career at WMG and be a part of one of the most influential forces in culture today.
A little bit about our team:
Our team works with our wholly owned labels as well as ADA to implement and maximize artist visibility, but more importantly, sales revenue. We are also a communications and field marketing team designed to execute sales and marketing campaigns with our retail accounts, our partners and our global companies.
Why this could be your next big break:
We are currently looking for a high-energy, creative, curious and enthusiastic coordinator. This individual needs to fit into a small dedicated team to support our efforts as well as learn all aspects of sales and marketing. This position is meant to be a stepping stone into a career.
Here you'll get to:
• Compile compelling sales and marketing information from our label and distribution partners
• Create and distribute WMG's New Release Guide, including preparation of New Release Set Up docs and editing where appropriate
• Communicate related sales information changes (street dates, pricing, projections, late additions)
• Communicate sales related updates to National Accounts
• Maintain an internal schedule of assets, including artwork, track listings and other artist information
• Create and distribute new release and operational update announcements
• Manage indie exclusive announcements. Build email, add to the indie solicitation grid, add titles to our internal website (B2B)
• Execute special event announcements (Record Store Day, Start Your Ear Off Right, Black Friday)
• Compile and send customer letters concerning Change of Distribution, Price Changes, Deletions, and recalls.
• Backup Coordinator, Sales Administration with Account Specific Program Reports
• Backup Coordinator, Sales Administration on maintenance of Account Deal Files
• Manage monthly sales reports from video DSPs for digital long form account management
• Manage long form digital video information, including sales history and tracking where needed
• Create and manage marketing and pitch decks for the national account team
• Work closely on marketing intiatives with Vinyl Me Please
• Working with account management on booking marketing opportunities for Walmart and other 3rd party accounts, which can include interviews and promos
• Oversee the management of the exclusive vinyl document for all account management teams
• Be proficient with Dreamweaver Filemaker Pro, Content Management System, Adobe Acrobat Pro
• Be proficient in Excel, Power Point and Word
• Preferably a College degree, in business, communication, or the music industry
• Have 1-2+ years experience in the workplace
It would be music to our ears if you also had:
• College Degree preferred
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills
• Effective presentation skills in both small and large groups, with peers and superiors
• The ability to innovate to overcome obstacles
• The ability to manage priority tasks simultaneously
• Excellent time management skills
• The ability to manage projects independently
• A strong desire to be a Team Player
With its broad and diverse roster of new stars and legendary artists, Warner Music Group is home to a collection of the best-known record labels in the music industry including Asylum, Atlantic, East West, Elektra, FFRR, Fueled by Ramen, Nonesuch, Parlophone, Rhino, Roadrunner, Sire, Warner Records, Warner Classics and Warner Chappell Music, one of the world's leading music publishers with a catalogue of more than one million copyrights worldwide.
For more than four decades, WMG has been an industry-leading force in providing a world-class array of services designed to help artists and labels grow their careers and their businesses. Artist & Label Services is the umbrella for WEA (Warner-Elektra-Atlantic) – the pioneering WEA distribution and marketing network – and Alternative Distribution Alliance (ADA) – the ground-breaking global distribution company for independent artists and labels. As well as consumer brands such as Songkick the live music app, EMP the merchandise e-tailer, and UPROXX the youth culture destination.
Love this job and want to apply?
Click the ''Apply'' link at the top of the page, or apply directly with your LinkedIn. Applying with LinkedIn will import all of the information you put in your profile, but will still allow you to upload a resume and cover letter.
Don't be discouraged if you don't hear from us right away. We're taking our time to review all resumes, and to find the best people for WMG.
Thanks for your interest in working for WMG. We love it here, and think you will, too.
WMG is committed to inclusion and diversity in all aspects of our business. We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and will evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, religious creed, color, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, ancestry, marital status, medical condition as defined by state law (genetic characteristics or cancer), physical or mental disability, military service or veteran status, pregnancy, childbirth and related medical conditions, genetic information or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state or local law.
Copyright © 2021 Warner Music Inc.