Marketing and Branding Manager, E-Commerce
Warner Music GroupNew York, NY
Full Time Job
At Warner Music Group we're all about our people. Our global company is made up of knowledgeable, passionate, and creative individuals. Our commitment to Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion fosters a culture where you can truly belong, contribute, and grow. We believe in each individual's value and encourage applications from people of any age, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, religion, ethnicity, disability, veteran status, and any other characteristic or identity.
It is the mission of every member of the WMG team around the world to create a nurturing environment for artists, songwriters, and the people behind the music – at every stage of their career. We strive to set WMG apart by embracing innovation – an integral part of our company's DNA.
Consider a career at WMG and be a part of one of the most influential forces in culture today.
Job Title: Marketing and Branding Manager, E-commerce
A little bit about our team:
IMGN is a tech-media company that specializes in producing and programming social content for Gen Z audiences. In the past few years, IMGN has developed a separate E-commerce division dedicated to building owned products and brands, outside of its social portfolio. This unique division of the company invites an entrepreneurial team that is looking to be a part of ideation, cultivation, and execution of E-commerce CPG brands.
Most recently, the E-commerce division has launched a baby apparel brand, built from start to finish in-house. The brand was created entirely by the E-commerce department head whose experiences as a mother drive the brand story and mission. We are looking for an experienced E-commerce marketing manager to lead the growth initiatives needed for brand development.
This role will have enormous growth potential, as the chosen candidate will be poised to become the head of marketing for E-commerce as a whole- responsible for fostering and growing the division/infrastructure, as well as acting as a chief decision-maker for applicable branding strategies.
Here you'll get to:
• Work with the Department Head to advance brand positioning, messaging, and brand architecture.
• Help set marketing objectives, strategies, messaging, and work plans to align with business goals and advance our brand in the market.
• Continually research the competition to effectively position our branding strategy and products in the marketplace.
• Build an expert understanding of our product set and how it can be best marketed through visual assets like photography, video, and social content.
• Work with the department head to influence the product roadmap and go-to-market plans for new assortment launches.
• Plan and execute campaigns using channels including email, organic and paid social, SEO, demand generation content, and sales materials.
• Be a hands-on driver of strategy execution including writing and creative direction, while overseeing campaign deployment and performance tracking.
• Direct outside agencies and independent creative resources as necessary to produce high-leverage marketing content, managing all stages of the workflow.
• Work internally and with partners to develop and drive technology solutions including features and functionality improvements for our DTC sites.
• Manage marketing budgets in partnership with finance to ensure we reach our targeted goals and maximize performance, while also thinking creatively about growth opportunities.
• Contribute to regular discussions regarding new opportunities and market white space (with an emphasis on branding capability).
• Provide feedback from a competitive perspective on the feasibility of the new product and/or branding ideas.
• Create budgetary and execution strategies for proposed new businesses.
• Bachelor's degree with a marketing emphasis, or other relevant fields of study
• 3-5 years developing and growing E-commerce brands (apparel or infant categories is a plus)
• Experience in an entrepreneurial, fast-paced, growth environment, with a strong desire to build infrastructure and lead a department
• Expert at translating target understanding and market insight into clear product positioning and benefit-centered messaging
• Experience developing highly effective marketing strategies and producing product-focused campaigns and materials to drive awareness and sales activation
• Excellent communication and collaboration skills with a desire to work cross-functionally
• Proficiency with common marketing tools such as Social platforms (Facebook/Instagram, Twitter, Tiktok, etc.), Google suite, Email marketing platforms, and Office 365 suite.
• Excited by the opportunity to think critically and bring original ideas to the table
• Excellent leadership and managerial skills; at least 1 year of management over direct report required
With its broad and diverse roster of new stars and legendary artists, Warner Music Group is home to a collection of the best-known record labels in the music industry including Asylum, Atlantic, East West, Elektra, FFRR, Fueled by Ramen, Nonesuch, Parlophone, Rhino, Roadrunner, Sire, Warner Records, Warner Classics and Warner Chappell Music, one of the world's leading music publishers with a catalogue of more than one million copyrights worldwide.
For more than four decades, WMG has been an industry-leading force in providing a world-class array of services designed to help artists and labels grow their careers and their businesses. Artist & Label Services is the umbrella for WEA (Warner-Elektra-Atlantic) – the pioneering WEA distribution and marketing network – and Alternative Distribution Alliance (ADA) – the ground-breaking global distribution company for independent artists and labels.
Love this job and want to apply?
Click the ''Apply'' link at the top of the page, or apply directly with your LinkedIn. Applying with LinkedIn will import all of the information you put in your profile, but will still allow you to upload a resume and cover letter.
Don't be discouraged if you don't hear from us right away. We're taking our time to review all resumes and to find the best people for WMG.
Thanks for your interest in working for WMG. We love it here and think you will, too.
WMG is committed to inclusion and diversity in all aspects of our business. We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and will evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, religious creed, color, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, ancestry, marital status, medical condition as defined by state law (genetic characteristics or cancer), physical or mental disability, military service or veteran status, pregnancy, childbirth and related medical conditions, genetic information or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state or local law.
Copyright © 2021 Warner Music Inc.