Manager, Clearance Visual Media Licensing
Warner Music GroupLos Angeles, CA
Full Time Job
WMG's top priority is the safety and wellbeing of its team members, artists and songwriters across the globe. In response to COVID-19, WMG is fully committed to helping its people balance their home and life commitments with flexible working options, virtual wellness sessions, and more. WMG strives to maintain a COVID-free workplace. To that end, being fully vaccinated against COVID-19 is a condition of employment for all US new employees, prior to the commencement of employment. If you are hired, you will be required to provide proof of your vaccination as part of your new employee onboarding process, subject to our legal obligation to make reasonable accommodations in certain limited circumstances.
At Warner Music Group we're all about our people. Our global company is made up of knowledgeable, passionate, and creative individuals. Our commitment to Diversity, Equity and Inclusion fosters a culture where you can truly belong, contribute, and grow. We believe in each individual's value and encourage applications from people of any age, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, religion, ethnicity, disability, veteran status, and any other characteristic or identity.
It is the mission of every member of the WMG team around the world to create a nurturing environment for artists, songwriters, and the people behind the music – at every stage of their career. We strive to set WMG apart by embracing innovation – an integral part of our company's DNA.
Consider a career at WMG and be a part of one of the most influential forces in culture today.
Job Title: Manager, Clearance – Visual Media Licensing
A little bit about our team:
Visual Media Licensing (VML) handles sync licensing for the entire Warner Music Group roster. From legacy artists such as Aretha Franklin and Led Zeppelin to young up-and-comers such as Jack Harlow and Rico Cartel, our unit works hard to research, clear and negotiate opportunities in film, TV, advertising, video games, mobile apps, promos and trailers.
Why this could be your next big break:
This position allows you the oppportunity to independently negotiate your own deals and maintain your own relationships with clearance clients, music supervisors, artist managers and label partners. While the position is largely autonomous, you will collaborate closely with your teammates and rely on each other for assitance and support.
Here you'll get to:
• Coordinate and confer with company's internal departments such as the Frontline Labels, Business Affairs and Royalties
• Coordinate and confer with outside parties such as co-owners and side artist labels
• Review and evaluate requests, formulate a clearance strategy and follow clearance procedure to obtain approvals
• Negotiate the best terms and fees for our artists while maintaining a respectful and friendly relationship with clearance clients and music supervisors
• Maintain your own records and data entry in accordance with department procedure and company policy
• Attend and participate in meetings
• Appropriately and discreetly handle and safeguard confidential and proprietary information
• You possess a strong work ethic and a desire to work as part of a team
• You are highly organized and have great attention to detail
• You are an effective and respectful communicator
• You are able to balance a large workload while maintaining good relationships with demanding clients, partners, artist representatives
• You can set and adhere to deadlines
• You believe in accountability
• You demonstrate the ability to be innovative and suggest change/improvements within scope of work.
• You are a self-starter and self-motivated
• You are proactive, strategic and analytical
• You demonstrate flexibility and adaptability to changing situations
• You can provide a high level of customer service
• You love music
It would be music to our ears if you also had:
• You have a minimum of three years of relevant sync clearance, quoting, negotiating experience
• You have a baccalaureate degree with a major or minor in music, business preferred
• You are computer savvy and can comfortably use excel
With its broad and diverse roster of new stars and legendary artists, Warner Music Group is home to a collection of the best-known record labels in the music industry including Asylum, Atlantic, East West, Elektra, FFRR, Fueled by Ramen, Nonesuch, Parlophone, Rhino, Roadrunner, Sire, Warner Records, Warner Classics and Warner Chappell Music, one of the world's leading music publishers with a catalogue of more than one million copyrights worldwide.
For more than four decades, WMG has been an industry-leading force in providing a world-class array of services designed to help artists and labels grow their careers and their businesses. Artist & Label Services is the umbrella for WEA (Warner-Elektra-Atlantic) – the pioneering WEA distribution and marketing network – and Alternative Distribution Alliance (ADA) – the ground-breaking global distribution company for independent artists and labels.
Love this job and want to apply?
Click the ''Apply'' link at the top of the page, or apply directly with your LinkedIn. Applying with LinkedIn will import all of the information you put in your profile, but will still allow you to upload a resume and cover letter.
Don't be discouraged if you don't hear from us right away. We're taking our time to review all resumes, and to find the best people for WMG.
Thanks for your interest in working for WMG. We love it here, and think you will, too.
WMG is committed to inclusion and diversity in all aspects of our business. We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and will evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, religious creed, color, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, ancestry, marital status, medical condition as defined by state law (genetic characteristics or cancer), physical or mental disability, military service or veteran status, pregnancy, childbirth and related medical conditions, genetic information or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state or local law.
Copyright © 2021 Warner Music Inc.